• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What is Terra's Power?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Earth.

But, uh, just so you know, those are only their themes, not really their "power", as every other wielder can use wind/aero and general magic just as well as Ventus and Aqua.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Earth.

But, uh, just so you know, those are only their themes, not really their "power", as every other wielder can use wind/aero and general magic just as well as Ventus and Aqua.

That is kind of true, yet it is in fact hinted (at least for Ventus and Terra, that is) that they in some way are the "best" in their respective element. Be it with their commands or their command styles. Aqua is a magician overall and SE was probably too lazy to bring water-elemental shit into the queue for BBS or 0.2, so it's kinda not that straight-forward for her.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

As Osprey said, Ventus and Terra are stated to have a natural affinity with the elements of their "theme", meaning that when they tap into their full potential Terra's Earth-magic will be stronger than the Earth-magic of others and the same goes for Ven with Wind spells.

This is even reflected in gameplay as Quake and Meteor are spells available only to Terra while Tornado and Faith/Holy can only be used by Ventus.

---

Furthermore, in regards to OP, Terra also has an affinity for dark elemental magic and brute force/physical power (Terra's physical attacks being the strongest).
Ventus has an affinity for light elemental magic and speed/agility as additional "powers" while Aqua is the strongest in all other magic types and excels in Defensive magic as well (her barrier is much more potent than the boys' blocks).

FangirlfromHell

Awards
This is even reflected in gameplay as Quake and Meteor are spells available only to Terra while Tornado and Faith/Holy can only be used by Ventus.

---

Furthermore, in regards to OP, Terra also has an affinity for dark elemental magic and brute force/physical power (Terra's physical attacks being the strongest).
Ventus has an affinity for light elemental magic and speed/agility as additional "powers" while Aqua is the strongest in all other magic types and excels in Defensive magic as well (her barrier is much more potent than the boys' blocks).

I was seriously hoping someone already mentioned the character-exclusive commands and I am not disappointed. Though it is interesting to note that Terra's default shot-lock is 'Sonic Shadow'. By default Terra can wield darkness which seems to conflict a little with how the trio is trained. None of Terra's shot-locks are Earth-based but he can learn three different Dark-based ones: Sonic Shadow (Default), Dark Volley, and Chaos Snake (the only one all three can wield).

Though it does make me wonder for curiosities sake: What would it be like to be able to use some of Xemnas' abilities with Terra? I for one think that it'd be great to use Xemnas' warping ability which is much quicker than the weak spell BBS provides as well as the Ethereal projectiles.

Jochira

Awards
well, even if not speaking elemental, their names can also be related to their playstyle and personality

Terra (Earth): generally more of a tank and also relies more on brute strength (Lexeaus is also a great example for this and I had a brain-fart while typing his name :U). that's not to say that they're 100% muscles, these types of ppl can be quite a deep-thinker and easily go absent-minded but also tends to be a bit too trusting and they can be very fearful when enraged, but also the easiest to control when enraged

Ventus (Air): they're generally more of a "free" char and usually more of a speedy type, making them very good evasive chars (which fits my style). they also tends to be more relaxed (ironically, Demyx fits the bill here too), being more of the type that wanna take it easy and chill with their friends but also loves to explore. while they can seem cheerful and positive on the inside, they're not good at showing their pain to others when they're mentally hurt

Aqua (Water): they can be seen as strict, but they're actually really kind and can be quite forgiving. they also symbolizes tranquility and tends to be more of an elegant persona... I don't know what else would fit the bill so I will leave it at that

but to best answer your question

Terra: melee
Ventus: hybrid
Aqua: magic

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I for example link Ventus much more with Light than with Wind. Ventus' endgame abilities (and arguably the strongest) are a physical and magical Light attack, his "evolved" Keyblade resembles Light and isn't just a redesign of his starter one.

I always interpreted all of that as the fact that the Wind theme for him was some kind of way to "cover" his nature of being of pure Light: he basically had to restrt his training from scratch with Eraqus and he chose Wind as a path, but as soon as his memories came back he switched to Light.

And in general... how can I say it, due also to the fact that Aqua has only one shotlock involving water (that's also fire for Ventus and darkness for Terra) and the general description of the characters I interpreted the elemental affinities in a more metaphorical sense.
Ventus is the quickest of the trio and attacks multiple times, those skills are usually represented with wind;
Terra is strong and imposing, resembling the earth;
Aqua is a complete magician and the wisest, and that's also something commonly linked with water.

So yeah, I've never directly linked the names with the actual powers. Is there any official source that states the TAV trio actually specializes in those elements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back