• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What KH1 had that KH2 didn't.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

defender11

I want to know what other people think made KH1 so much better than KH2.
There are so many things: trinities, exploding pumpkins, the number of treasure chests, optional bosses, the length of the game. What else made the original better in your opinion?

Muse

you look atrocious
I liked how it gave you a reason to go back to the other worlds once you beat them via trinities. :3

Also, just the way that the worlds all seemed so big in KH1. In KH2, they all sort of shrank. :c

defender11

I liked how it gave you a reason to go back to the other worlds once you beat them via trinities. :3

Also, just the way that the worlds all seemed so big in KH1. In KH2, they all sort of shrank. :c

yeah, like HB. WHY IN THE WORLD DID THEY CHANGE IT!? it was huge in KH1, but then... it just went downhill from there.

and yes, learning glide gave you accessibility to new treasure chests! finally a reason to revisit!

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I miss the trinities so much. They need to come back in KH3.
Let's see, how about Aero? That was a pretty good defensive spell.

And alot of the Disney worlds in KH2 were really pointless, and small.
Visiting them a second time was just stupid.

Dexel

Beyond hope
Shared abilities. Everyone can use 'em and they don't have to be leveled to be extremely effective.

( Felt like Sora was being a hog about it in KH2. )

Trinities, definitely. Just makes those days when you'll risk a normal drive to another world just for a single one.

And, the one nobody seems to have mentioned...the dalmations. Made for a nice sidequest with plenty of rewards in gummi parts well ahead of what Cid sold.

State

Awards
I liked the Trinities in KH, it gave you a very good reason to come back to other worlds. Trinities were fun to see and perform, they were my favorite things to complete in Jimini's Journal.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The whole thing seemed like a grand epic adventure and it flowed so well. KHII was choppy, not as epic, and episodic.
The way Disney was used was fantastic in KH1.

Lolita

Dear You
I liked the trinities as well as Aero and Gravity. It also didn't have reaction commands to make everything easy. it was more of a challenge, and the worlds seemed bigger.

defender11

Trinities were an epic success. agreed?
Gravity and Aero were also.
Yes, i did forget the 101 Dalmations! thank you very much.
Now how about vast worlds? ex. HB and Traverse Town. Traverse Town is much bigger and eventful than it seems.
Also, how long did it take you to beat it? i know i usually don't beat it without spending at least 35 hours.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
1.dodge roll
2.expanded trinity
3.better plot I think
4.harder bosses

Dcasd1

i liked the reaction commands, and magic in kh2, don't know why some people don't like kh2 though. Oh and the forms were pretty cool too.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
1.dodge roll
2.expanded trinity
3.better plot I think
4.harder bosses

OH dodge roll! How could I have forgotten that! One of the best little abilities ^^
Sure KH2 had Quick Run but there's nothing like somersaulting while heading somewhere =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back