• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What KH1 had that KH2 didn't.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prajna

The shoulder buttons to configure the camera view because we all loved that so much...

KH had better keyblades than KH2. In KH2 you didn't get a more powerful keyblade until after a few worlds. The only thing thing that was different about each keyblade is that they had a different ability and weren't actually a stronger weapon to boost your damage on enemies.

Awards
The shoulder buttons to configure the camera view because we all loved that so much...

KH had better keyblades than KH2. In KH2 you didn't get a more powerful keyblade until after a few worlds. The only thing thing that was different about each keyblade is that they had a different ability and weren't actually a stronger weapon to boost your damage on enemies.

That was kinda a good thing for me. It allowed you to pick a keyblade that suits your fighting style, instead of being forced to just use the most powerful one.

Prajna

That was kinda a good thing for me. It allowed you to pick a keyblade that suits your fighting style, instead of being forced to just use the most powerful one.

Eh, I always relied on strength over strategy most of the time.

Oh, and KH2 never had Behemoth heartless. I remember seeing a cutscene, before Kingdom Hearts 2 was released, of an army of heartless and on each end of the line of heartless there were two Behemoths. I was so excited to fight them... but I never got to. It was probably in the Japanese version of the game, oh well.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
they were both button mashers, but KH2 was so gay with it
that basically all you needed to do, atleast in KH there needed strategy

defender11

Hey guys I'm back! I forgot my old username (it's been almost a year!) and I was looking through the threads and saw that one of my posts from about a year ago was still getting some attention... so I thought I'd say hi everyone! I'm glad you've all given it some thought.

TraverseTown123X

Sorry if this has already been mentioned:

I felt like Kingdom Hearts 1 had A LOT more of a sense of exploration than its successor. If you travel around in various KH1 worlds, you notice several places in certain areas. I mean, I couldn't have been the only one who really wanted to reach the unreachable treasure chests on the Traverse Town Gizmo Shop or in the Wonderland Tea Party Garden. KH1 had what I like to call "Exploration Abilities" like High Jump & Glide. These abilities allowed you to re-visit old worlds and still find new stuff to do. If you re-visited old worlds in KH2 for non-story reasons, there's nothing that you can do that you couldn't have done in your first visit. All the "exploration abilities" in KH2 like High Jump & Glide weren't necessary to progress in the story OR obtain hidden treasure chests.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Charm.
1x1td.gif

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
KH1 was -not- difficult. It only seemed difficult because many of us were only kids when we first played it.

Aria

braver by the minute
-difficulty
-a good story line
-some mystery (it wasn't completely straightforward like kh2)

αsiя

space coke
KH1 was -not- difficult. It only seemed difficult because many of us were only kids when we first played it.

Umm no. I replayed both of the games on the hardest difficulty. KH1 IS more difficult than KH2. Sure KH1 isn't one of the hardest games out there but it's way more harder than KH2. Not only have fans said this but also game reviewers.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
αsiя;5142744 said:
Umm no. I replayed both of the games on the hardest difficulty. KH1 IS more difficult than KH2. Sure KH1 isn't one of the hardest games out there but it's way more harder than KH2. Not only have fans said this but also game reviewers.
I definitely don't feel this to be the case, imo.

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com
The Trinities, Dalmations, Optional bosses, Aero, Gravity, and Stop spells, and the layouts and stories of the worlds. Kingdom Hearts II should have included certain elements (Trinities, same spells, etc.) that made the first game so great.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Oh, I definitely missed the trinities. They definitely added something extra. Wish they would put those back into the games.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I also miss swimming and climbing. in kh2 they made the worlds very vague. it was like a line instead of a puzzle.

the only world i trully enjoy was alice in wonderland, because at the time when i was a kid, it was very puzzling like the actual movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back