• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Kingdom hearts melody of memory has to offer for us, such as music, parties, abalites etc.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Somnus cealum

Awards
Kingdom hearts melody of memory is the first kingdom hearts music based game and we are basically revisiting the games Kh1, com, Kh2, days, bbs, coded, ddd and Kh3 but as a music adventure. and kairi is the narrator and explain what happened during the series.

I like to think that kh mom is a com or coded 2, like not traditional gameplay like com and not much story progression like coded. but i'm happy that kairi is going to be the main character for a while intel sora is back.

There are 140 songs for kh mom and wow thats alot. There are 4 game modes and a 5th one on the switch, 1.is the music track one where you fight heartless on a music lane going thru a world or boss fight where you are in a arena fighting a familiar boss. 2. is memory dive where you can play character themes or main songs like let it go or simple and clean. 3 is co op mode where you can fight with another player on screen, 4 is online battles, 5th switch one is a free for all online and have up to 8 players. one winged angel is a song in kh mom so i hope we get a sephie boss fight. and i'm happy that don't think twice is going to be in kh mom.

There are 4 groups you can play as and also guest members. The first group(original party) is sora, donald and goofy. guest members that are confirmed to be for them is mulan, simba, aladdin, hercules, aeril, and peter pan. the second group(days party) is roxas, xion, and axel. the third group(bbs party) is aqua, ven, and terra. fourth group(ddd party) is riku, meow wow, and komory bat.

Abilities can be separated as 3 main features, physical, magic, and support. Sora has ars arcanum for his physical, thunage for his magic, and curage for support(for co op).
roxas has black hole for his physical, firage is magic. aqua has spell weaver for her physical, her magic has not been shown yet but i believe its bizzage. riku has dark slicer for his physical, dark firage for his magic, and curage for support(for co op). items such as potion, hi potion, and mega potion is used when your groups hp is low at a certain percentage.

Things i wished they did was clothes switching like soras kh2 and ddd outfit, and rikus kh2 and play as kh1 riku in his group. and switch parties like example sora, roxas, ventus. sora, riku, meow wow. or sora, aqua and xion.

tell me your thoughts and things you wished that wanted in kh mom.

Foxycian

Awards
MoM has plenty of missed opportunities

1. not allowing us to make our own team... I wanted to group up Sora,Roxas,Ventus as a team

2. you play with 4 teams but you can’t change their places, you can’t put the ones you like in the middle

3. You can’t change your keyblade. like it would have been cool to change our keyblade just for fun purposes

4. Kairi should have been playable in the rhythm game, they already have her Kh1 and Kh2 model that fit with this game just reuse Xion animation on her and that’s that...

5. You can’t change skin of your characters, they all at least have one skin or two

Based on the characters models
•Sora Donald and Goofy team

1. Kid Sora Can have:
DDD Sora
Halloween town Sora
Mermaid Sora (just for fun)
The Grid Sora

2. Donald and Goofy can have:
Disney castle Outfits (which is their original outfits)
Halloween town outfit
Atlantica outfit

• Dream team

1. DDD Riku Can have:
KH1 Riku (he got it in the Co-op)
Organization Coat Riku
The Grid Riku
Dark Riku

2. Meow wow and komory bat can have:
Nightmare forms

• Sea Salt Team

1. Roxas can have:
twilight Casual Clothes
hooded Roxas
Roxas’s pajamas (just for lols)

2. Axel can have:
None (adult Axel had nothing until kh3 unfortunately or just give him his kh2 hooded model)

3. Xion can have:
Hoded Xion
Xion final form Armor (there is a model for it in 358/2days movie)

• Wayfinder team

1. Terra can have:
Keyblade Armor
Terranort

2. Ventus can have:
Keyblade Armor
Armored Ventus nightmare
Ventus Armor with No Helmet
Possessed Ventus-Vanitas?

3. Aqua can have:
Keyblade Armor
Aqua with No Helmet (no anti aqua form for the old models unfortunately)

You see? Soo many missed opportunities

Edit: I know Nomura said no plans for dlc but let’s hope he actually change his mind, this game can satisfy us for years like kh2 but it need a DLC (final mix version) to make it perfect.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Well the actual game isn't out yet, so I can't comment fully on missed opportunities. However Kairi seemingly not being playable in some form is sad. They could have used her KH2 model and she does have a Keyblade at that point. They would just have to tweak her animations, use Xion as a base.

Skins is another thing. With the exception of Axel all the characters have at least one or two different outfits to use. That could have been fun to switch around. DLC bonus maybe?

Speaking of DLC bonus, in addition to Kairi and skins, maybe some hidden new teams can be added. Team Paopu, Team Xehanort, Team CO, just saying :D

the red monster

Awards
Well the actual game isn't out yet, so I can't comment fully on missed opportunities. However Kairi seemingly not being playable in some form is sad. They could have used her KH2 model and she does have a Keyblade at that point. They would just have to tweak her animations, use Xion as a base.

Skins is another thing. With the exception of Axel all the characters have at least one or two different outfits to use. That could have been fun to switch around. DLC bonus maybe?

Speaking of DLC bonus, in addition to Kairi and skins, maybe some hidden new teams can be added. Team Paopu, Team Xehanort, Team CO, just saying :D
They already said multiple times no plans for a DLC. they might be lying but i won't get my hopes up.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I enjoyed what I played of the demo but I wish they just did it like a traditional Theatrhythm game with lots of characters, tons of songs and DLC, and Monster Octopus's chibi art style through and through. That this game has so many restrictions is such a bizarre choice to me, like they've intentionally handicapped it.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
They already said multiple times no plans for a DLC. they might be lying but i won't get my hopes up.
I know, but let's see how successful the game is. If it's a major success and people are playing it and it's getting loads of praise everywhere, I wouldn't rule out them changing their minds on DLC. That being said that's a lot to hope for, lol.

Katsagu

Awards
I don't know, skins, changing teams and stuff like that, while cool sure, doens't seem that important to me. The game already has plenty of collectibles as it seems and content. Still it's a shame that such a, seemingly, easy thing to do is not implemented.

What I want is a good selection of tracks that capture each game well with no songs that I really feel like they should have been there missing (looking at Re:Mind with worry), if this could be fixed with DLC it would be great and I would gladly pay for it if the full game keeps up with the quality of the demo. But we still don't know the full tracklist so I'll wait and see.

alolansentret

Awards
As much as I love collectables, I think they should have cut back on the cards and instead included some of those other things like character skins and different keyblades. I'd like it if it was like the actual games where you get the keyblade after beating the corresponding world, and the alt skins would be milestone bonuses or given to you for getting a certain amount of..something? Total points? idk

Also, really sad about no inclusion of Kairi, she's supposed to be the central character of this game. I really hope they change their minds about DLC and add in the sora/riku/kairi team. They even said they reworked and added some new animations to the old engine models specifically for this game, so why not just put Kairi in?? Like said above, it would be super easy to just give her Xion's animations and maybe change them a tiny bit.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
As much as I love collectables, I think they should have cut back on the cards and instead included some of those other things like character skins and different keyblades. I'd like it if it was like the actual games where you get the keyblade after beating the corresponding world, and the alt skins would be milestone bonuses or given to you for getting a certain amount of..something? Total points? idk

Also, really sad about no inclusion of Kairi, she's supposed to be the central character of this game. I really hope they change their minds about DLC and add in the sora/riku/kairi team. They even said they reworked and added some new animations to the old engine models specifically for this game, so why not just put Kairi in?? Like said above, it would be super easy to just give her Xion's animations and maybe change them a tiny bit.
Xion's animations correspond to her own character rig, which makes them unusable for Kairi considering how different their models are. It would not be "super easy" at all. This isn't a copy/paste job.

alolansentret

Awards
Xion's animations correspond to her own character rig, which makes them unusable for Kairi considering how different their models are. It would not be "super easy" at all. This isn't a copy/paste job.

Sorry, I meant 'super easy' in like an idea way, as in they could use Xion's animations as a base. I know their models are different and not exactly the same, sorry that was unclear, I more meant that it would be easy to look at how Xion moves and uses her keyblade and apply those rules to Kairi and then tweek it from there. But you do make a point, it wouldn't be easy to that, considering how different they are. Sorry bout that

Foxycian

Awards
at least they should have given us the option to switch leader positions among the main playable teams

cause notice only the leaders soo far are shown to be able to use
1. Smash enemy with their weapon
2. Limit break attack
3. Cast spell (like heal or range attack)
4. Jump
5. Glide

while the other characters are stuck doing nothing and your only option with them is to use R1 and L1 to just smash smash smash... Nomura seriously thinks this game will satisfy us (me) for years? Cause soo far (other then Kairi not being playable) this leader restriction is what disappointed me the most

Edit: he changed his mind before when people complained Kairi wasn’t playable in kh3 so hopefully he hears the complaints and changes his mind, this game is already good but will be better with a dlc.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
at least they should have given us the option to switch leader positions among the main playable teams

cause notice only the leaders soo far are shown to be able to use
1. Smash enemy with their weapon
2. Limit break attack
3. Cast spell (like heal or range attack)
4. Jump
5. Glide

while the other characters are stuck doing nothing and your only option with them is to use R1 and L1 to just smash smash smash... Nomura seriously thinks this game will satisfy us (me) for years? Cause soo far (other then Kairi not being playable) this leader restriction is what disappointed me the most

Edit: he changed his mind before when people complained Kairi wasn’t playable in kh3 so hopefully he hears the complaints and changes his mind, this game is already good but will be better with a dlc.
1. I mean the sidekicks are smashing the enemies with their weapons too. From what I saw on the trailers at least, Axel and Xion are more animated then Donald and Goofy when attacking. I'm sure Terra and Ventus are the same, since they have attack animations from BBS to use.

2. They could have put triangle stuff on the sidekicks path. Because everyone has a special attack that would be cool to use. I can see your point here and it would be cool to see Terra, Ven, Axel, Xion, Donald, and Goofy using their special moves too.

3. Same as point 2. This might be the only game Donald never uses magic. Shocker.

4. Only the leader should be jumping since it's only one button. I suppose for harder challenges you could press circle and a directional button to have the sidekicks jump. I do think the leader should have some exclusive things to them and jumping/gliding should be that.

5. Same as point 4.

As far as satisfy for years, I suppose that varies from player to player. I'm personally addicted to the game's demo which just makes me hungry for the actual game. But I do hope they change their mind on DLC bonus stuff. This game could be truly legendary with the right stuff.

Foxycian

Awards
1. I mean the sidekicks are smashing the enemies with their weapons too. From what I saw on the trailers at least, Axel and Xion are more animated then Donald and Goofy when attacking. I'm sure Terra and Ventus are the same, since they have attack animations from BBS to use.

2. They could have put triangle stuff on the sidekicks path. Because everyone has a special attack that would be cool to use. I can see your point here and it would be cool to see Terra, Ven, Axel, Xion, Donald, and Goofy using their special moves too.

3. Same as point 2. This might be the only game Donald never uses magic. Shocker.

4. Only the leader should be jumping since it's only one button. I suppose for harder challenges you could press circle and a directional button to have the sidekicks jump. I do think the leader should have some exclusive things to them and jumping/gliding should be that.

5. Same as point 4.

As far as satisfy for years, I suppose that varies from player to player. I'm personally addicted to the game's demo which just makes me hungry for the actual game. But I do hope they change their mind on DLC bonus stuff. This game could be truly legendary with the right stuff.
Yea I know what you mean but still they could have given us the option to pick who ever gets to be the leader, It’s like the game only has 4 playable characters cause those who are not in the middle barely do anything other then smash enemies.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Yea I know what you mean but still they could have given us the option to pick who ever gets to be the leader, It’s like the game only has 4 playable characters cause those who are not in the middle barely do anything other then smash enemies.
Think of it like a regular KH game in that case. Most KH games have a lead character you play as too and don't switch to the party members.

Foxycian

Awards
Yeah true... I can coop up with it, still i think it’s a waste, we had 6 (7 if we count kh2 playable Mickey) playable protagonists in the main story

“In the order we got to play as them for the first time”
Sora (kh1)
Riku (Kh:Com)
Roxas (kh2)
Mickey (kh2)
Ventus (bbs)
Terra (bbs)
Aqua (bbs)

We have 7 playable characters from the old KH models, also if we can count Axel and Xion who were playable on side missions from 358/2days then it goes up to 9 playable models, for a game that has soo much continent having only 4 characters fully useable is just lackluster.

Last edited:
Back