• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What makes a Christian, a Christian?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipporahss

Okay here's the problem with people, they think that being a Christian is going to churhc, carrying a cross round thier neck or reading the Bible but here's the problem with that, ANYONE can read the Bible, heck an Athest (I can't spell for my life forgive me) can read the Bible. So a REAL Christain is a person whom gave thier life to Christ, of course there are some still growing, some still a little confused about what they should do.

And some... that think they're Christian when they're not. Listen, Being a Christain is not easy, a real Christain is hard to fing now a days because people call themselves Christians.

Christians show whom they are by being what they should be bassed off the Bible.

So whatever that class of yours was thinking it's very different from all religions.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
Okay here's the problem with people, they think that being a Christian is going to churhc, carrying a cross round thier neck or reading the Bible but here's the problem with that, ANYONE can read the Bible, heck an Athest (I can't spell for my life forgive me) can read the Bible. So a REAL Christain is a person whom gave thier life to Christ, of course there are some still growing, some still a little confused about what they should do.

And some... that think they're Christian when they're not. Listen, Being a Christain is not easy, a real Christain is hard to fing now a days because people call themselves Christians.

I think you're on the right track, lol, but don't put yourself on a pedestal with the generalizing "people" comment. It's not that easy to tell if someone is or will be devoting their life to Christ, because it really is a journey, and you can't exactly reflect over everything and change overnight.

So whatever that class of yours was thinking it's very different from all religions.

In terms of general morals, it really isn't THAT different from, for example, Judaism and Islam.
The biggest differences pretty much lie in details of the Trinity, etc.
Christianity and other religions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Zipporahss

I think you're on the right track, lol, but don't put yourself on a pedestal with the generalizing "people" comment. It's not that easy to tell if someone is or will be devoting their life to Christ, because it really is a journey, and you can't exactly reflect over everything and change overnight.

In terms of general morals, it really isn't THAT different from, for example, Judaism and Islam.
The biggest differences pretty much lie in details of the Trinity, etc.
Christianity and other religions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, I was taught that our Relgion is different. I'm not going by general morals I go by what we believe in general. For example, Christains are to believe that Jesus died for our sins and rose again. Jew (hardcore ones) don't believe that at all. They believe that Christ didn't come yet.

Also, I wasn't putting myself up high, I get excited answering questions like this, that's all. But dont' worry I didn't think you insutled me, no need to apologize. ^_^

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Well, I was taught that our Relgion is different. I'm not going by general morals I go by what we believe in general. For example, Christains are to believe that Jesus died for our sins and rose again. Jew (hardcore ones) don't believe that at all. They believe that Christ didn't come yet.

And Buddhists believe you should take the Middle Path to reach Nirvana, and Muslims believe Gabriel told Muhammad what to rite in the Qur'an. What's your point?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
That what he said is what makes a Christian a Christian, lol.

True, forgot the thread I was in. Responded to the "our religion is different" thing, really.

Queen of Hearts

I can't believe how long this thread has gone on for... all over a piece of homework that was due quite a while ago... Thanks for comments and stuff anyway people :D

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
lol yeah, so how did that assignment go anyway? <.< Did you actually use anything from the thread?

Katsuno_Hitomi

Just to set the record straight, I believe that the Father, The Son, and the Holy Ghost are three distinct personages that are one in purpose.

Back on topic, a Christian is someone who believes in the divinity of Jesus Christ and his mission, and tries to act how Christ would act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back