• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What non-Final Fantasy Square Enix characters would you like to show up at some point?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

JJ1020

Awards
Could be characters from Tomb Raider or Dragon Quest, or even more of the World Ends With You characters.

okhi12

Awards
Edea and Ringabel from the Bravely series.
Or anyone else but Agnes, I can't stand her.

Chie

Awards
I am waiting forever for Aya Brea, she was cut from KH1 and Nomura designed her so I feel like she's still on the table.

Less realisticly, I want just any Chrono or DQ content at all

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Aya.

Sion Barzahd and anybody from the Bouncer for peak 2000s madness.

More TWEWY.

Chrono Trigger characters. KH3D already pays homage to Chrono Trigger so why not.

Awards
I know this will never, ever happen, but if it did I would be so thrilled. I would love to see characters from the Star Ocean series make an appearance. I know that’s never going to happen, but Star Ocean is one of Square Enix’s most unique owned properties that, in my opinion, deserves a little more representation. I know it’s technically developed by Tri Ace, but it’s still technically owned by Square Enix. Again, I know this will never, ever happen. But it’s fun for me to think about anyways. Other than that, maybe characters from NieR: Automata. I would also love to see some Final Fantasy characters that haven’t made an appearance yet (Noctis, Lightning, etc.) Overall who knows what plans they have as far as cameo appearances, but it’s fun to think about the possibilities anyways.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I could go for an Emil popping up in some form. Even though Nier is a bit dark for KH, Emil has always been a sweet thing and I could see him making a tiny unimportant cameo somewhere.

I have always been really meh about Dragon Quest and the art style (yes, famous designer aside) so I am kinda hoping they never cross them.

Overall I'm gonna say Star Ocean characters would work pretty well.

Sion as Sora's dad.

I love this idea to bits.

mouflon

Awards
I'll third Sion from The Bouncer, simply because seeing him next to Sora would be amusing. Though it makes me wonder if Nomura would alter his design considerably if they did bring him in...

I'd love to see Ashley Riot and/or Sydney Losstarot from Vagrant Story show up somewhere. Especially if it was just as an optional boss or in a tournament/Coliseum type event with no foreshadowing whatsoever. Just, you enter the tournie, get a few dozen rounds in bashing Heartless, then BAM, they show up and wipe the floor with you.

I'm under the impression that Yoko Taro hates Disney so I can't imagine Nier/Drakengard characters being in without them being like, fifty feet away from any Disney character at all times. That's under the presumption he'd have any control on if/how characters from the games he's directed would be represented anyway. Although the Nier games can get dark, the FF games aren't exactly all candy and rainbows. FFVII had stuff like, you know, Jenova being utterly creepy and Cid cursing up the place, but they still put him in KH. Although I don't think I could tolerate a Kainé who wasn't 100% utterly foul-mouthed... Emil, though, yeah I could see him being in KH somewhere. And I'd scream and cry and squeal at how precious he is like always.

I think Mikhail (Drakengard 3) could actually be a pretty good fit, though. Probably because he's one of the few Drakengard characters who isn't a completely horrendously disgusting person. I could see him and Sora getting along well anyway.

Also literally anybody from Xenogears. Maybe Billy. Can't go wrong with a priest with guns.

Chie

Awards
I would assume that Xenogears characters would be off-limits since everyone, even SE who owns the rights, knows that the "series" pretty much continued through Xenosaga/Blade without them. But god, if KH changes its handling of SE characters to be much more free (like a """side""" game mostly made up of SE worlds or something), and somehow they were on the table? I think I'd fall so far in love.

mouflon

Awards
I would assume that Xenogears characters would be off-limits since everyone, even SE who owns the rights, knows that the "series" pretty much continued through Xenosaga/Blade without them. But god, if KH changes its handling of SE characters to be much more free (like a """side""" game mostly made up of SE worlds or something), and somehow they were on the table? I think I'd fall so far in love.

Yeah, I don't think there's a snowball's chance we'll ever see any of them unfortunately, but I'd be the same. Heck, even just seeing them in 3D would be nice. Maybe one day there'll be some tiny little nod via an obscure reference in KH or something, if I close my eyes and wish real hard... Please, Square, feed me even a tiny crumb, haha.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The cast from Live A Live.

Live-A-Live-TM_07-06-20.jpg

The game's soundtrack was composed by Yoko Shimomura and each character comes from a different period of time.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Drakengard characters.

Just kidding, that'd be a terrible idea and I already feel sick that I said it.

Emil as a head because this sweet boy deserves a happy Disney adventure. Sora could take him on a world tour and it would be so sweet.

Yoko Taro and Nomura probably don't like each other, though, and I also feel like Yoko Taro probably has very critical views about Disney as a whole.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Yoko Taro and Nomura probably don't like each other, though, and I also feel like Yoko Taro probably has very critical views about Disney as a whole.

They do? He does? Where’d you hear that from? I like Nier and Drakengard, even if Yoko Taro’s minigames are a nightmare, so it’s a shame that two game directors I really like hate each other. Or that someone actually hates Disney.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They do? He does? Where’d you hear that from? I like Nier and Drakengard, even if Yoko Taro’s minigames are a nightmare, so it’s a shame that two game directors I really like hate each other. Or that someone actually hates Disney.

It is just a feeling...

I wouldn't say Yoko Taro hates Disney, but he's pretty...uh...well, just read this:

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Back