• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Outrageous KH Theories Did You Used To Believe In/Still Hope For

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

aqualight

We all like to pat ourselves on the back when we guess plot twists but surely i mustn't be the only one who theorised things that just... completely missed the mark.

For example as a kid i was obsessed with the idea that Kingdom Hearts could be personalised as well, a person, that i jumped the gun and thought that Xion would be Kingdom Hearts... It's a little cringey.

I'd be lying if i said that i still wish that Kingdom Hearts would be some sort of remnant of an actual place that once existed. (maybe some sort of 'first world' or something idfk) So it would be like a collection of the lives who lived there, and all this heart collecting business is all in effort of reawakening them or something idk.

(i haven't looked into KH for a while so soz if something about that doesn't work with current lore, i apologise)

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Back with Birth By Sleep was revealed in KH2 Final Mix: I assumed that Terra was the son of Sora and the "Original Xehanort" aged.

WaveK89

I remember a point in time where I thought the series was going the 'Digi-Destined' route where practically every kid/person is a keyblade wielder. Of course, my thoughts were a bit exaggerated, but I was still worried.

An example being, the BHK has a keyblade which probably means those other kids are getting one, and everyone else just keeps getting keyblades. Don't get me wrong, the way the series is now, I've no issue with the main cast and their keyblades. I'm just glad it didn't pan out the way I had imagined.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I remember when I was a lad that I believed the "ventus is sora, riku is terra but with dirty hair, and kairi and aqua are the same person just blue?" theory because i was a little kid and couldn't comprehend the thought of there being new characters xD

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I remember when I was a lad that I believed the "ventus is sora, riku is terra but with dirty hair, and kairi and aqua are the same person just blue?" theory because i was a little kid and couldn't comprehend the thought of there being new characters xD

I suppose that "The Foretellers reincarnated" theory may get you to believe in something like that for Kingdom Hearts 3 ;)

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Uh... well, I started the series with Re:Coded and Days with absolutely no context or background info to make sense of anything. Even though I can't really remember them, I'm pretty sure I had some pretty off-the-mark ideas of the events of past games and the histories of certain characters.The two I do remember aren't so outrageous as they are just kinda silly.

When I first started, the first Heartless I saw were Shadows. They resembled ants, and they were in this so-called datascape. So I quickly assumed that they were the bugs. And before I actually started the games at all, I thought that Sora was Mickey Mouse transformed into a human. I mean, same color scheme, always seen hanging out with Donald and Goofy... sure, playing the game quickly corrected that, but still...

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
And before I actually started the games at all, I thought that Sora was Mickey Mouse transformed into a human. I mean, same color scheme, always seen hanging out with Donald and Goofy... sure, playing the game quickly corrected that, but still...
Way back in the day when I knew nothing of KH, I thought Sora was an anime version of Pinocchio...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I thought Sora was special ;-;

But no, I remember pre-KH2 era I read a really long and (at the time for me) good fic about how Riku got out of the Realm of Darkness and went on his own journey of redemption and he traveled to a bunch of worlds and it was fantastic until it got to the end where Riku's darkness essentially takes him over and he becomes the villain of his own story and Sora has to kill him. I thought for awhile that Sora would have to kill Riku in KH2 because we wouldn't see him in trailers.

I fell into the theory briefly that BHG (Brown/Brunette Haired Girl when they refused to show Kairi's face back then) wasn't Kairi and BHG and BHK were gonna be super integral to the story for like a huge portion of the game. Haha...Kairi being important to a story. That's a novel idea.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I didn't really go into theories very much, but I remember at one time when we were just getting pictures for Chain of Memories with several characters talking about not remembering Sora and I thought perhaps the restoration of the worlds/walls at the end of KH1 had erased everyone's memories of what had happened during the time since the worlds' walls had fallen in order to help prevent people like Maleficent, Hades, etc. from causing the same problems all over again.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
back in 2008 i thought terra would become xehanort. my only basis was the picture of AX hanging from a wall in II and demo footage of terra had similar hair. of course i thought it would be more anakin-to-the-darkside and less bodysnatchers but hey, i was close!

i also thought kairi's grandma was aqua for a minute but i outgrew that one.

Smithee

Awards
back in 2008 i thought terra would become xehanort. my only basis was the picture of AX hanging from a wall in II and demo footage of terra had similar hair. of course i thought it would be more anakin-to-the-darkside and less bodysnatchers but hey, i was close!

i also thought kairi's grandma was aqua for a minute but i outgrew that one.

The Anakin-to-the-Dark-Side deal would've been far more interesting than the just-Old-Man-Aizen's-puppet deal we got slapped with.

namine_ftw

I remember theorizing about the identity of the mysterious KH1 tutorial voice. At one point I thought it was Kingdom Hearts itself, and after seeing the KH2FM ending I thought it was Ven's spirit/heart or something.

I used to believe that Xion was going to be Aqua's nobody whose appearance was influenced by Sora's memories of Kairi or something along those lines. Or that she was Kairi's nobody formed when her heart was lost on Destiny Islands.

I used to think Terra himself would become the apprentice Xehanort after giving into darkness. I never thought they'd actually go with the body possession idea (or, more accurately, I hoped they wouldn't).

I also used to think that the KH2 secret ending took place A LONG time before KH1, and that the keyblade graveyard/crossroads would eventually become the area where Castle Oblivion was. I also thought the ending took place right after the keyblade war.
The Anakin-to-the-Dark-Side deal would've been far more interesting than the just-Old-Man-Aizen's-puppet deal we got slapped with.
Agreed 100%

For example as a kid i was obsessed with the idea that Kingdom Hearts could be personalised as well, a person, that i jumped the gun and thought that Xion would be Kingdom Hearts... It's a little cringey.
Haha I used to think KH could personify itself too. I used to think it was Sora or Ven, and Sora was KH's personal chosen one or something. *still kind of hopes that if KH does take the appearance of a person it appears as Walt Disney*

zekro94

Awards
When I finally finished the first KH years ago (9 years huh? time sure flies) and saw the post credit cinematics I was like:Why is Sora in a black coat dual wielding and fighting Riku? After the scene where something falls from the sky on destiny islands I tought it was a meteorite and that Kairi would die.At that time I didn't know that KH 2 existed, never watched a trailer.After seeing a commercial for KH 2, I tought to myself:Wha- wait what?
It was a short cm so I didn't even have time to theorize XD

Awards
Days was the first title I played, and I didn't know there were actually multiple games. All I knew going in was that there was supposed to a Sora, a Kairi, and some strange group called Org XIII (who I knew of entirely from fan comics my sister showed me). As such, I did not know who Namine was or why Sora wasn't there, but I thought it was pretty obvious that Xion was Kairi's nobody and thought of myself as super smart because the people in the game didn't seem to think of that possibility.

Rosebudx

Awards
My friend and I were convinced that Kingdom Hearts 2 was going to be set ten years in the future. No point of reference (except for that random shot of Kairi from Another Side whereupon she looked older than 15), we just arbitrarily decided that it would take ten years for SDG to find and rescue Riku and the King from the RoD, and during those ten years all would go to absolute shit and Kairi would be kidnapped, and that the girl in Another Side was actually another girl from the Destiny Islands who would become the successor to Kairi's PoH position, Sora's Keyblader position, or both.

Also, we originally surmised that BHK was Sora with bleached hair, but we eventually decided that he was the main antagonist, something like the Realm of Darkness personified, fighting Riku to keep him from leaving.

This was back before we knew of the online Kingdom Hearts community, so we had no guidance and no exposure to the theories of the day.

Last edited:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

I can't agree with that, since Anakin's turn to the darkside was followed by some of the worst storytelling I have seen in my entire life. At least Terra's possession was followed by a little background, while Anakin's turn was from "I'm turning you into the jedi council where you will be tried by a fair jury" to ten minutes later "oh, sure, slaughtering children? why not, sounds like a party!" At least Terra's turn made a little sense. (but if that turn was done cleverly and well then I might agree more)

Anagram

Banned
I can't agree with that, since Anakin's turn to the darkside was followed by some of the worst storytelling I have seen in my entire life. At least Terra's possession was followed by a little background, while Anakin's turn was from "I'm turning you into the jedi council where you will be tried by a fair jury" to ten minutes later "oh, sure, slaughtering children? why not, sounds like a party!" At least Terra's turn made a little sense. (but if that turn was done cleverly and well then I might agree more)
To be fair the possession story we got wasn't much better than Anakins turn. =/
At least Terra going dark would've been more interesting for the KH series than just some old man puppeteering everyone like some type of Aizen.

I'd much rather have Terra being the example of damnation to Rikus salvation than any villain taking nods to Aizen. That may be an argument for another thread though.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't know if we could call it outrageous since it has neither been proven or disproven but I believe it was Grass who hypothesized that Namine was not Kairi's Nobody in the normal sense, but instead was Kairi's light in a bodily form (thus the white clothes and blond hair and unique abilities)

I still hope for this.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I've been watching The Clone Wars and marveling at how they managed to make Anakin into a sympathetic character with totally believable motivations. RotS is positively Shakespearean in light of it. Begs the question why Attack of the Clones couldn't achieve the same caliber of storytelling as a Cartoon Network TV show.

I don't know if we could call it outrageous since it has neither been proven or disproven but I believe it was Grass who hypothesized that Namine was not Kairi's Nobody in the normal sense, but instead was Kairi's light in a bodily form (thus the white clothes and blond hair and unique abilities)
Homigod I would actually love this, if only because it would explain the part in KH2 where Namine touches Kairi's hand and there's a big flash of light without handwaving it as "generic KH magic and stuff."

In the early days of my youth in the post-KH2 pre-BBS era, when I was still young and naive, I developed a long-winded theory with a friend regarding the PoH which placed Kairi in the central role for every game to come. I don't remember a single part of it except that she was mad OP and would have been running rings around Sora and Riku by now. Imagine my disappointment at having to hope that she actually manages a line that beats "I'll wait for you 'til you come home, Sora!" in the last game of this saga.

I'm also still partial to my pre-DDD conviction that Young Xehanort is not Xehanort but something taking the form of Xehanort specifically to screw with Xehanort, but given that it looks like YX might actually be a backstabbing spiteful h8er I may get part of my wish in a roundabout fashion.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I've been watching The Clone Wars and marveling at how they managed to make Anakin into a sympathetic character with totally believable motivations. RotS is positively Shakespearean in light of it. Begs the question why Attack of the Clones couldn't achieve the same caliber of storytelling as a Cartoon Network TV show.

Maybe the fact that most of the Clone Wars-TV Episodes weren't written by George Lucas directly had something to do with it. George was still heavily involved in it and thus it is also considered canon withhin the new Disney-continuity, but he didn't really write all the scripts himself. George Lucas may be a man of great creativity and ideas, but he's really not a good script-writer.
If you can look past some early-installment-weirdness for some episodes of the first season (especially in regard to Ahsoka Tano), Star Wars: The Clone Wars delivers practically everything the Prequel-movies should have been quality-wise. Both in regards to Anakin Skywalkers character and the Jedi in general and in regards to powerful, but not overpowered interesting villains like Asajj Ventress, Count Dooku and General Grievous.
The TV series manages even to give several individual Clone Troopers very interesting character traits and some side stories focused on them, Padmé also has a much better and expanded role (together with Bail Organa and Mon Mothma).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back