• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What scene in any Kingdom Hearts game was the saddest to you?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stars

リク
Re: What scene in any kingdom hearts game was the saddest to you?

Ending of KH:BBS and during KH2, axel fade away

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Not necessarily in this order.
1) Xion's death
2) Sora going to sleep and parting from Namine and having to make that promise to keep her from fading away from his life completely.
3) Sora stabbing himself after basically failing as a Keyblade Wielder to save his friends.

Hm. Sounds about right.

In_a_Quandary

Don't another couple of threads like this one already exist? Nevertheless, I'll reply.

- Xion's death: I spoiled this one, having accidentally came by a cutscene of it on Youtube before playing the game. I couldn't stop watching... and crying. The scene caught me unawares; I had not expected such a potent combination of tragicness and tenderness. (Yes, I succumbed to the game developers' intention of having my heartstrings yanked. Who with a heart wouldn't?)
- Repliku's death: To have only so brief a moment of existence, not to mention one that was ultimately inconsequential and filled with nothing but anger and hate... His was truly the saddest of fates.
- Axel's death: 'I wanted to see Roxas...' So the indecipherable, smart-mouthed double-crosser from CoM falls too to the trappings of the heart...
- When Sora stabbed himself to release Kairi's and the Princesses' hearts: After that difficult and exhausting fight with Ansem Riku, my nerves were already at straining point. Then Sora had to go and be noble. The beautiful piano instrumental of Hikari playing in the background only heightened the drama.
- When Sora chose to go to sleep and regain his past memories, forgetting the ones he had of C.O in the process: I felt really bad for Namine, despite she being the one who manipulated him (even under coercion as she was).

Dr_Mario64

This one's a little unorthodox, but I would say the end of the massive prologue of kh2 where DiZ forced Roxas to reunite w/ Sora. Roxas suffered so much during his time w/ Org XIII only to be shoved into Twilight Town with no memory of anything except his three good friends: Hayner, Pence, and Olette. After all this he finally discovers that his existance was meaningless and that he was never meant to exist in the first place. In the end he is forced into a person he doesn't believe he is and wraps it all up with "Looks like my summer vacation...is over." sniff sniff WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! |::(

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member

This one's a little unorthodox, but I would say the end of the massive prologue of kh2 where DiZ forced Roxas to reunite w/ Sora. Roxas suffered so much during his time w/ Org XIII only to be shoved into Twilight Town with no memory of anything except his three good friends: Hayner, Pence, and Olette. After all this he finally discovers that his existance was meaningless and that he was never meant to exist in the first place. In the end he is forced into a person he doesn't believe he is and wraps it all up with "Looks like my summer vacation...is over." sniff sniff WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! |::(

Yeah, I hated it when Roxas' memories were ripped away from him. It was even meaner that DiZ couldn't have let him keep at least some of his memories, like his friendship with Axel and Xion, right? I can't stand the Organization or DiZ's motives. They both seemed self-centered. DiZ wanted to wake Sora, so that Sora could defeat the Organization and the Organization wanted to use Roxas, Xion, Sora, or anyone that could wield a Keyblade to accomplish their goal of completing Kingdom Hearts.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member

Yeah, I hated it when Roxas' memories were ripped away from him. It was even meaner that DiZ couldn't have let him keep at least some of his memories, like his friendship with Axel and Xion, right? I can't stand the Organization or DiZ's motives. They both seemed self-centered. DiZ wanted to wake Sora, so that Sora could defeat the Organization and the Organization wanted to use Roxas, Xion, Sora, or anyone that could wield a Keyblade to accomplish their goal of completing Kingdom Hearts.

But, the part I found the saddest was when Axel had to blow himself up.

Fallen Prince

Any of the sappy scenes with Roxas....I'm a fanboy lol

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards

Xion's imminent, though still heartrending death, in conjunction with the final battle with Riku as Roxas is determined to embrace her memory-even as she is slowly effaced from his consciousness. The presentation of the distortion and "static" as the memories languished-and how Xion suddenly disappeared from Axel and Roxas on the top of the tower in Twilight Town. This was the saddest I have felt in any Kingdom Hearts game. Roxas' morose fate and literally losing all of his memories towards the end, and becoming Diz's pawn made it ever worse. Now when I play Kingdom Hearts II in the beginning-I RAGE. **** you, Xemnas!

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member

Yeah, I hate DiZ's motives behind his plot to get rid of the Organization. He didn't care that he was hurting Roxas, until towards the climax of the game. But, I wish that things could have turned out different.

Shinra

Banned
Awards

Sora's sacrifice
Ventus Frozen...
BBS ending
Re:CoM Sora ending
Xion's death
End of Roxas' story in KH2

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member

Yeah, and there's when Aqua fell into the Realm of Darkness to save Terra. Because, she knew she couldn't save them both.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member

When Aqua has to take Ven back to Enchanted Dominion and transforms it into Castle Oblivion.

Last edited:

LoLWuTT

When Goofy Get hit in the head with a rock. :eek:

Grey

I always thought one of the saddest scenes was when Roxas reunited with Sora in the beginning of Kingdom Hearts 2. I felt awful for him when he said, "Looks like my summer vacation is... over." Plucks at the heart strings, it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back