• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What should be a good completion award?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Perkilator

Awards
Just as the title says. We all tend to have those moments where we just wanna complete a game just to see what we’ll earn from it, don’t we? Well, what do you think would make a good reward for beating a certain game, be it specific conditions or 100% completion? Here’s an example I thought of:

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate:

All-Star (replacing All-Star Smash):
Unlock every character
Boss Battles: Clear Classic mode with all characters (base game only)
3-minute Smash: Clear World of Light at least once
Rival Smash: Clear World of Light with the True Ending
Race to the Finish: Win every Spirit battle in World of Light
Endless Smash: Rescue every single fighter (base game only) in World of Light
Cruel Smash: Clear World of Light on Hard mode with the True Ending
Boss Battles EX: Play World of Light to 100% completion

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Platinum trophies?

I swear XBox needs to get its own plat analog.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Cheat unlocks. Where you can toggle things like unlimited health/ammo/energy/whatever. Preferably they could carry over to a New Game as well. When I've finished a game I sometimes just like to go wild in it for as far as the game allows (remembers fondly the reign of terror he created with unlimited Dark Jak in Jak 2)

Veevee

Awards
I love to (optionally) be able to carry over a save game from a previous game of a series and unlock something in the consecutive one as a reward. For example, Dragonball Xenoverse 2 checked whether you had completed Xenoverse 1 and if yes, there was a statue of your avatar character in the city of the second game and you got some small goodies for a start - nothing really relevant, but a charming little nod to your achievement. Same with Digimon Hacker's Memory which gave you a pretty useful item for the start if you beat the first game.

I also like Homescreen themes like the KH collections did it and I was a tad disappointed KH3 didn't do that. Or avatars, special music, whatever.

Quality of life stuff is also nice, like being able to access certain chapters afterwards or something like that.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I like unlocking new things and I like getting upgrades or aesthetics. Ultimately, whatever makes me overpowered though is best. Borderlands 3 has been "balancing" for their MMO features and it has nerfed so many weapons that made me feel overpowered like, why did I do all this grinding if you're going to take it away? Not to mention how many times they "balanced" FL4K but still keep leaving Zane a terrible mess.

Back