• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What should the next mobile phone game be like?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zackarix

Awards
We all know it's inevitable, freemium phone games are a license to print money. With KHUX officially dead there will be another coming down the pipeline sooner or later, the best we can hope for is that it will be better than KHUX. So with the in mind what should it play like, what should the plot be, who should develop it, etc.?

I know that this probably isn't going to happen, but I'd actually be optimistic if the team that developed Mobius Final Fantasy was put on the next KH mobile game.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I want to see a 3D game like Genshin Impact

Like Genshin Impact, the new mobile game can be on consoles & PC as well

Maybe Kairi can get her own Mobile game which takes place after Melody of Memory: You start in the Land of Departure and eventually go to a few Disney Worlds.

Roxas, Lea and other characters can be playable as well. I feel like this would be a good way to advance the KH story while Sora & Riku are in Quadratum.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
A 3D game is fine, but I'm more concerned about content.

If they're going to leave some characters behind anyway, they could at least give them a grand adventure for the sake of lore. For example, Namine.... Kairi..... etc etc.

If you're gonna make the mobile games plot relevant, then give characters their relevance back.

Barrett

Awards
I just want another game where I could be able to create another player character from scratch like UX with even more customization. If it's a 3D game, maybe also voice acting for our characters too with different voice options?

Zackarix

Awards
Some potential plots:

Terra, Aqua, and Ventus in the Realm of Darkness: They must have something planned for this plot point, otherwise why introduce it?

Slice of life with the Twilight Town crew: A Days sequel would be very popular.

Or they could make it a general "what happened during the timeskip" game.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I want to see a 3D game like Genshin Impact

Like Genshin Impact, the new mobile game can be on consoles & PC as well
Square's definitely taking notes from GI. Whether that results in a KH or a FF/DQ or something else entirely remains to be seen.

okhi12

Awards
Terra, Aqua, and Ventus in the Realm of Darkness: They must have something planned for this plot point, otherwise why introduce it?
I really wanted a game about that but as of now I don't think it will happen, that plot point was a red herring.

In the postcredits cutscene of Melody of Memory Yen Sid said something like ''we must reach to those in the Land of Departure and Twilight Town and tell them to halt their respective efforts''. They were also trying to find Sora, but after Melody of Memory it was made clear they wouldn't find any clue in the Realm of Darkness or the data in Twilight Town so whatever they were doing was essentially worthless.

With the Quadratum plot, Mickey going to Scala ad Caelum and Kairi training under Aqua's guidance I think the plot point of the BBS trio in the Realm of Darkness won't be touched again aside from being mentioned by them. Of course there is still the possibility that they found something else there and it turns out to be important enough to make an actual game about it, who knows.

SuperNova

Awards
I don't feel like we will be getting a game starring the BBS or Days trio anytime soon considering that Riku is on the "Sora is missing case." However I would love a mobile game starring Kairi, even if it is just to fill in the Disney quota while the main boys are in Quadratrum.

MoM was meant to be her game and she didn't even finish off the final boss. Girl desperately needs some spotlight and a mobile game would be the perfect way while the boys take on the next console game.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
At this point I'd even take a Mobile Kairi game. The girl courld really use a game to develop as a character and get her in a similar range to Sora and Riku.

That said I also wouldnt mind a game taking the idea from Blank Point's Fragmentary Passage where we explore different event and characters at various points in the KH timeline.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I really wanted a game about that but as of now I don't think it will happen, that plot point was a red herring.

In the postcredits cutscene of Melody of Memory Yen Sid said something like ''we must reach to those in the Land of Departure and Twilight Town and tell them to halt their respective efforts''. They were also trying to find Sora, but after Melody of Memory it was made clear they wouldn't find any clue in the Realm of Darkness or the data in Twilight Town so whatever they were doing was essentially worthless.

With the Quadratum plot, Mickey going to Scala ad Caelum and Kairi training under Aqua's guidance I think the plot point of the BBS trio in the Realm of Darkness won't be touched again aside from being mentioned by them. Of course there is still the possibility that they found something else there and it turns out to be important enough to make an actual game about it, who knows.
It's amazing how Limit Cut set up like 3-4 possible game scenarios & then MoM shut them all down later the same year.

SuperNova

Awards
I'm not surprised MoM shut those down, Nomura seems like he just wants to get the 2nd phase on the road as quickly as possible.

okhi12

Awards
It's amazing how Limit Cut set up like 3-4 possible game scenarios & then MoM shut them all down later the same year.
Maybe Nomura wanted to keep several doors open until he decided which plot points he wanted to focus on.
It's not like it didn't happen before... BBS volume 2 was an abandoned concept until it was repurposed as 0.2

Zackarix

Awards

If this is true it's really lame. The Wayfinder trio and Nobody group literally just got their lives back then they put said lives on hold for a year. For those efforts to amount to nothing, not just in finding Sora but in any other area, feels like a slap in the face. It certainly doesn't help that nothing so far has justified a timeskip, if Riku had realized that his dreams were a lead earlier he could gotten started as soon as a few weeks after KH3 .
Non-existent
Should be here
Can we not? This thread isn't "Should there be another phone game?" It's about discussing the fact that with SE's current business practices there will inevitably be one. "Skippable" would have been fine, but answers like this are just derailing.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
It won’t happen, but I could be on board for something in the vein of FFVII: Ever Crisis, serving as a retelling of the entire series with a uniform art style and gameplay. I’d love to see a KH game with the isometric world design and 3D chibi-ish character models along with 2D character art for the dialogue.

I guess Melody of Memory already kinda did the retelling thing in its own way, but honestly we’ve had so many rehashes in this series I don’t really care at this point and this would be more in depth. And this way it could be ignored by not adding to the canon.

Chie

Awards
I'm not sure why it's supposed to be inevitable. If it was profitable, they wouldn't have shut down UX + DR.

Remember, Dark Road was the "next" one (despite being launched from the same program), and it barely got started before the shut down was announced.

There truly should never be another one, and the Genshin route (making games that feel like real games but are still calculated to take advantage of people) is astronomically even worse. If SE ever wants to do another one, Nomura should refuse to participate, but he might not be able to resist taking the opportunity to get some writing in. This is what the death of handhelds brings.

Back