• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► What shows have you dropped?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

TheAuronSavior

I dropped The Flash like at the 7th episode since I wasn't able to catch up and I lost complete interest. I also dropped some anime series since I also lacked an interests in some or they were just too long. One Piece in particular is a valuable example because that show has way too many episodes that I wonder how does anyone expect me to catch up with all that.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I read through every post in this thread and learned that pretty much everyone can agree that OUAT is garbage haha. I've never tried it, and probably never will. It looked like a not-so-good version of Fables.

The most recent show I dropped was Orange is the New Black after 2 seasons. I hate every character in that show.

I dropped Girl Meets World 6 or 7 episodes in. I felt like I enjoyed it a little at first, and then I just really didn't. It didn't have the same magic.

I dropped The Walking Dead because I'm that guy that draws way to many comparisons and contrasts between the show and the comics. Other than Daryl, there just really is much left for me to enjoy in the show sadly. I stopped in the middle of season 5 or 6, I don't remember.

I dropped Shuffle! after 8 or so episodes. That anime just sucked in my opinion.

I dropped Attack on Titan after 9 or 10 episodes because my friend finished it before me and was so disappointed with the ending (because you know, there isn't one yet).

I could probably go on and on about dropped anime honestly, so I won't. For the most part with tv shows, I stick with them for the long haul though unless I watch like, one episode and hate it.

Awards
Someone had previously mentioned this, but I'm seriously contemplating dropping Bones. I got to the point where
Spoiler Spoiler Show
and I'm just bored. Not to mention, their previous antagonists have been kind of...unrealistic to the point of ridiculous.

Something else I might drop is Criminal Minds. I'm really curious to see how they handle
Spoiler Spoiler Show
I could see myself sticking with that show if they do it right since I've watched it since literally season 1 and it's one of my favorite shows of all time, but they'd have to handle those changes the right way for me to stick with it.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
I've nearly dropped all network television. I dropped Blacklist, Once Upon A Time, Agents of SHIELD, Mr. Robot. I just don't have time for crappy television. Especially when I have such a massive catalog of anime that I actually want to watch when I finally get time to sit down and relax.

I primarily stick with Netflix, Star Wars Rebels, Walking Dead, and Game Of Thrones. Oh, and I started Designated Survivor, but I'll follow Kiefer Sutherland anywhere. I love him.

Ayu

The ones I remember at the top of my head: Once Upon A Time, The Walking Dead, Dexter.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Once upon a time. I followed that show so closely, then the fifth season happened. And man did it seem like they were making it up as they went. If people think the KH series is overly complicated and not planned well, they've never seen OUaT. I could go into specifics about how that season ruined the show, but I'll spare the spoilers.

Kounelli

Awards
I gladly dropped Sleepy Hollow after the hailstorm that was the season 3 finale (which I didn't even watch, I just read spoilers and was completely and utterly angry). After trying to defend the show for so long and remaining hopeful that the mistakes from the 2nd season were going to be fixed, I just felt utter betrayal from the third season. Soooo disappointed and frustrated from the way it was handled and the treatment of the actors. I haven't been following up what they are going to do now after THAT, but do not know how on earth they are going to take it from there. I think they should just end it and forget it.

I dropped Gravity Falls, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, and similar cartoons too not from lack of interest but just not enough of time. I was watching Bates Motel for a little while and then got bored after the 1st season.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think it's finally time to drop Westworld. It's a complete and utter bore to sit through. I really thought it would pick up, especially since they had a big break in creating the show to course correct the problems. I dropped it after episode 5 but then all the media sites I follow were like "this was so shocking i can't believe it westworld is amazing" and I watched to episode 7 but I'm still just struggling to care about any of it.

Sorry Westworld, but I won't be returning to you next holidays.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm dropping The Walking Dead. I just really simply put don't care anymore.
I never even reached this season. I was waiting for my friend to watch season 6 together, but we agreed we would just watch on our own. And I just don't care anymore. It just feels like such an effort to watch this show.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Dunno why this just came to my mind but I remember dropping the anime Deadman Wonderland after like 5 episodes, reading a summary of the ending and just rolling my eyes on how stupid it would've been to watch the rest of that shit. Such a boring anime, even though the first episode was sooo promising...

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I dropped Doctor Who after Season 8 because the pairing of Capaldi and Moffat was toxic.

Dropped Hannibal after falling in love with the first season. Second season was an alienating dredge through self-important "art house" television with no sense of focus and the third season had a decent premiere then promptly forgot its only lifeline was Gillian Anderson. What a waste of potential and talent. :(

Every season I check out all of the sports anime to see if anything can serve as decent filler for Haikyuu!!'s gaps in broadcast but, alas... I think Days was the most recent disappointment.

Dunno why this just came to my mind but I remember dropping the anime Deadman Wonderland after like 5 episodes, reading a summary of the ending and just rolling my eyes on how stupid it would've been to watch the rest of that shit. Such a boring anime, even though the first episode was sooo promising...
I feel you. Sometimes I think about this show and remember how much I wanted it to be good. It just never got all of its moving parts to work in tandem. :/

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Once upon a time. I followed that show so closely, then the fifth season happened. And man did it seem like they were making it up as they went. If people think the KH series is overly complicated and not planned well, they've never seen OUAT. I could go into specifics about how that season ruined the show, but I'll spare the spoilers.

I second this notion, ever since the Underworld was introduced, the show just gotten boring. I can't be bothered to catch up with it anymore.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I dropped Doctor Who after Season 8 because the pairing of Capaldi and Moffat was toxic.

/

I dropped it in Smith's last season. Something about it just bored me around then. The last episode I watched was the weird Cybermen Chess episode. Great acting on Matt Smith's part. But just something that put me off the series. I haven't even seen Capaldi in it aside from when its on TV briefly when flicking through channels. It's a shame, because I really like Capaldi. Having a Glaswegian Doctor just makes me feel oh so represented.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I second this notion, ever since the Underworld was introduced, the show just gotten boring. I can't be bothered to catch up with it anymore.

The underworld was just the last straw for me. It was the entire first half that was so poorly written that it made me upset. No one reacted the way they should have, the series disregarded its own lore just to be able to make a stunning reveal *looking at you Killian* that if it were in fact true, it could have been used to surpress the darkness in anyone, including the dark one. Then the fact that someone says "thanks for saving my life" by deciding to try to murder your family. So what do you do? You kill him then decide to bring him back again. Cause the last time you brought him back, it worked out so well. Thank God he didn't actually succeed in killing everyone you love. I mean, it was very very poorly written. Then entire Camelot (including Storybrook) arc is what ruined it for me.

And yes, the Underworld was not enticing at all and very forced. I was severely disappointed when it got renewed. Let it die in peace. Don't over do it to where the show leaves a sour taste in everyone's mouth. But oh well. What do I know?

PS, season 3 was perfection and the high point for the show. Don't want to only give the negatives.

KeybladeOrder

Awards
I dropped The Flash after the Season 3 premiere because I'd been steadily loosing interest over the course of Season 2 and Season 3 failed to recapture my interest, in contrast to Arrow where Season 4 hooked me back in after a disappointing Season 3 and kept me invested all season, and Season 5 kept me invested.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I've definitely dropped all my interest for Once Upon A Time. The earlier series were so good because they distinguished the Fairy Tale world from the real world, but now that the real world is entangled with the Fairy Tale world, and the fact that some characters over-stay their welcome, it's been more of a chore to watch as opposed to a joy.

I'm also heavily considering dropping Crazy Ex-Girlfriend after I came to the realisation that Santino Fontana is not coming back to the show. Don't get me wrong, Racheal Boom steals the show (partly because she co-wrote it), but Greg was just too good of a character. I know that it's all to do with business, contracts and real life, but a part of me just feels so empty that he ain't coming back.

KeybladeOrder

Awards
I'm dropping Once Upon A Time this year as well. Season 5 was meh. I decided to give the show one last chance to recapture my interest with Season 6, and Season 6 was actually an improvement and the way they tied up most of their loose ends and brought everything to a close as if it were the series finale was the perfect place to leave off. But then they had to end on a cliffhanger and add more pointless drama. I won't being going back for Season 7 this year.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I dropped Vision of Escaflowne because the characters, especially the main female lead, Hitomi got on my nerves. She is pretty much selfish and obsessed with chasing after Allen, because he looks like a guy that she has a crush on.

Andriux

Website
kingdomhearts.be
House of Cards, unfortunately. I was watching mid-way into season 5, but after the whole Will Conway bit was starting to die down the whole show just got way too exaggerated (as if it wasn't already exaggerated enough) to the point where you start laughing at the actual plot because it just started to seem so dumb. Maybe I'll finish it, but I heard there might not be another season, so what's the point.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
KeybladeOrder said:
I'm dropping Once Upon A Time this year as well. Season 5 was meh. I decided to give the show one last chance to recapture my interest with Season 6, and Season 6 was actually an improvement and the way they tied up most of their loose ends and brought everything to a close as if it were the series finale was the perfect place to leave off. But then they had to end on a cliffhanger and add more pointless drama. I won't being going back for Season 7 this year.
I had the opposite experience. I really enjoyed S5, but I thought S6 was more or less a boring wreck. You could tell ABC was screwing with the show in preparation for the reboot and it made the last season with the original cast unwatchable. I wish we'd got more of Hyde and Zelena. I did like the musical episode and the finale though, but that's all I'd recommend anyone. I'll watch the reboot just because I've come this far and I doubt it could be worse than 6 anyway.

Back