• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► What shows have you dropped?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I also dropped Fairy Tail - definitely loved the anime, but I mean, I kinda got sick of the weird fan service. I know it's pretty common in anime, but it just kinda got excessive. I also got sick of Attack on Titan. Loved the first season, but when it finished, I just stopped caring. Never watched the second, or read on.

moonstar_xo

I honestly don't watch very much TV, so I can't say there are many shows I've fully dropped. The only two I can think of are Glee (which I'm glad I did because it seemed like it got much worse after I stopped watching) and Degrassi (which is apparently kind of good now that it's on Netflix?). I lost my interest in both shows.

I also haven't consciously dropped Black Mirror, but I just haven't gotten around to finishing it. I'd like to at some point this summer though!

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I honestly don't watch very much TV, so I can't say there are many shows I've fully dropped. The only two I can think of are Glee (which I'm glad I did because it seemed like it got much worse after I stopped watching) and Degrassi (which is apparently kind of good now that it's on Netflix?). I lost my interest in both shows.

I also haven't consciously dropped Black Mirror, but I just haven't gotten around to finishing it. I'd like to at some point this summer though!
I guess, DeGrassi Next Class just doesn't feel the same as the Next Generation. I kind of stopped watching after JT got killed by a student from the rival class and after Liberty gave their kid up for adoption.

keyblademaster42

Bronze Member
Awards
ive fallen behind on criminal minds i was thinking of starting it up again but, ive become slightly hesitant due to the fact that they fired Thomas Gibson i really liked his character, and thats made me very meh towards not wanting to watch it

moonstar_xo

I guess, DeGrassi Next Class just doesn't feel the same as the Next Generation. I kind of stopped watching after JT got killed by a student from the rival class and after Liberty gave their kid up for adoption.

Yeah, the show had its ups and downs after that season. Overall it was the best in the early seasons though.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
So after reading all of the horror stories of Once Upon a Time, I ended up getting stuck watching it while visiting some relatives. I wanted to roll my eyes after reading everything I read here, but decided to push through it because I drove for three hours to visit, so I didn't want to just get up and leave because they turned on something I didn't want to watch.

Oh my god though, they ended up marathoning that shit. I sat through like, 3 and a half episodes before I said diddly this shit and went and read a book I brought in the guest room instead. That show is. so. bad. The horror stories are true. I understand that I was coming in midway through the most recent season, but Jesus the special effects and the acting/writing were all just first rate garbage. I will never watch it again.

The worst part is that my cousin and I were about to watch Logan on bluray, but I guess I took too long pooping and when I came back in the living room she and my aunt had decided on watching that instead. Story of my life.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
Anime-wise:

I dropped the OVAs of Seven Deadly Sins. Honestly, that series was pretty bad bad to begin with, I don't know why I was watching filler. I can say that if a true second season comes out I will not watch it. I dropped the series. It followed pretty much every single Shonen cliche that I'm sick to death of seeing, and then there was also the fact that the main character was constantly groping the main female character and the way it portrayed, I just can't stand it.

I dropped Space Dandy because it was really dumb, to say the least. Expected a lot better from the creators.

I dropped Sailor Moon because it was just too formulaic. I enjoy parts of it and really don't like having dropped it, but I just couldn't keep on watching because the episodes were all the same. They all ended with Usagi facing a monster, looking like she's going to show some character development, but then she gets scared and the Tuxedo guy comes to save the day by just throwing down a rose. Sailor Moon would work better if it would cut out all of the "filler" episodes, because I really did enjoy it when it went into actual story.

Otherwise:

I dropped Family Guy (and pretty much every show like it) a long time ago because I just got really sick of the mean-spirited characters. I have no idea what is up with that in this kind of show. Attempted humor by characters just being really cruel to each other for absolutely no reason. Of course Family Guy and the other shows by Seth have a lot of other issues, such as just really bad over-the-top shock "humor" if it can even be called humor.

I wish more adult cartoons were like King of the Hill.

I actually don't have anything else. Lol.

Smithee

Awards
Dragon Ball Super -- basically the DBZ version of Family Guy.

Give me GT any day.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm dropping Bob's Burgers.

The plots feel done, the voice acting is really grating, and I don't enjoy the show any more.

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
Rick and Morty.

After finishing season 1. I just dropped it completely. Just not up to par of my taste. Watching it makes me wish I'm watching Futurama instead.

Eromanga Sensei

Basically after 3 episodes, I rage-quitted that I did not even bothered watching the the rest of episode 3. The plot gets lower and lower each passing episode. I am fully aware that it was made by the same author as Oreimo, but I gave that mess a benefit of the doubt. Boy was I wrong. It's just another incest, harem unfunny romcom with juvenile perverted jokes and unlikeable protagonist

*Urrr... it's not incest because it's his half-sister... durr...*

Ah.... no---just no. I could go on a full blown rant about this but I'll just keep it under wraps.

Veevee

Awards
I dropped a lot of shows due to typically japanese things. Too much fanservice, incest, harem, females being bland, things like that. I don't want to say that this is only in anime, but I haven't seen incest in other Western shows than GoT yet (truth be told, I mainly watch anime, so correct me if I'm wrong). It's a shame that so many anime get ruined for me by characters constantly groping each other (Seven Deadly Sins), girls whose primary objective is hitting on their own brother (thanks, Selector Infected Wixoss) or plainly throw in fanservice that wasn't necessary (One Piece, pretty much every female character). This might not sound like much, but I really have trouble taking characters seriously who dress like they came straight from a brothel. And then there's Sword Art Online who features all of the things mentioned: Fanservice, incest, harem, females being bland.
All of this is just my opinion, I'm not trying to anger someone. ;)

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
It's a shame that so many anime get ruined for me by characters constantly groping each other (Seven Deadly Sins)

It was never really consensual, either. Especially the first time where he did it to her while she was knocked out (IIRC). It was just flat out disgusting. He just kept on doing it over and over again. The show tried to act as if it was normal and 'cute', because the way she would just 'accept' it, although there was never any enthusiasm from her.

It's not like the show behind it was particularly great, either. Just move on, nothing to really see there.

Veevee

Awards
It was never really consensual, either. Especially the first time where he did it to her while she was knocked out (IIRC). It was just flat out disgusting. He just kept on doing it over and over again. The show tried to act as if it was normal and 'cute', because the way she would just 'accept' it, although there was never any enthusiasm from her.

It's not like the show behind it was particularly great, either. Just move on, nothing to really see there.

Yeah, that's what bothered me too. "Pervert" seems to be an actual characteristic in Japan like it is in no other country because the japanese seem not only to accept that but to like it / find it funny, judging from the many times I see a character in anime groping someone else. It's not even limited to shows for adults, but you can find it in many shows / manga for adolescents which is pretty disturbing if you think about it. The first volumes of Dragonball are so full of sexual stuff that would never pull through in other countries. I might be mistaken, but I believe to remember they cut / changed a lot of stuff like this in my country - for example when Oolong wishes for girls underwear, they changed his wish to "a cap with two holes for my ears" (which is rather irritating considering underwear falls on his head, but eh. They tried). I have never seen a Western show where it's good for a joke that a man keeps groping and plainly harassing a woman, it's usually depicted as creepy and if not, I consider the show being quite creepy while in anime, I've gotten so used to it that I hardly roll my eyes anymore and wonder if the show will get any better than that.

Back to topic:
I recently dropped Digimon Appli monsters even though I once tried to watch all seasons. I couldn't bear the whole show, the digivolution "song" that sounds like Chipmunks on crack killed it completely.
I also tried Monster Hunter Stories, but I can't get accustomed to CGI in normal drawn environments, I always think it looks just horribly wrong. Also, I couldn't imagine an anime about Monster Hunter being really interesting and more than an advanced game advertising. I seriously love the games, but the story ... well, yeah.

ImVentus

Awards
Dropped Attack Of Titan did not like the overall tone and found the characters to be really boring for my taste. Dropped Gravity Falls after watching like 16 episodes it just got old. Watched Star Vs Forces Of Evil all the way until season 3. Season 3 was so dragging and un-original.

Patricier

For those who have dropped or are thinking about dropping it, what are your thoughts on Season 2 of Shadowhunters? Although I still have to see the last 8 episodes, I personally find this season to be a HUGE improvement over Season 1. Although a little clunky at the beginning and still a bit clunky at some parts, I can tell that they seem to have finally found their footing and feel more confident in what they are doing, including the acting, which has definitely gotten a lot better, and overall capturing the overall essence of the series while also making it its own thing.

Last edited:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
For those who have dropped or are thinking about dropping it, what are your thoughts on Season 2 of Shadowhunters? Although I still have to see the last 8 episodes, I personally find this season to be a HUGE improvement over Season 1. Although a little clunky at the beginning and still a bit clunky at some parts, I can tell that they seem to have finally found their footing and feel more confident in what they are doing, including the acting, which has definitely gotten a lot better, and overall capturing the overall essence of the series while also making it its own thing.

Interesting. Came here to mention that I dropped this after liking the first episodes (without knowing why) and then feeling like it got weaker. Might actually try giving it another chance then.

I also dropped the series to how to train your dragon quite fast. Somehow I expected something else, can't even say what.

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
I’ve been waiting that long for Westworld S2, it feels like the show has dropped me. :rolleyes:

Howver, shows that I have dropped are thin and few. I really don’t know how I feel about Netflix Original - Riverdale - after a great season 1. However, writers have promised the show will go back to it’s Archie Comic roots for the second half of S2 so I will continue on in the hopes it does.

Veevee

Awards
I just dropped the manga of Kuroko no Basuke. I basically like Sports anime but this one just doesn't hit a nerve, I can't even exactly specify why because it's not bad, but reading it is exhausting for me and more like a chore than fun so I'll drop it. Plus, it's a money factor, I buy every manga that I like and this series has just so many volumes and if I'm not fully convinced it feels like a waste.
And I dropped Shirobako. I liked the promise of seeing how the anime industry works but felt underwhelmed after the first four episodes. The characters are hardly distinctive, the plot feels like it could become repetitive quite fast and again, it's a money thing. I'd have to pay 40 bucks for four episodes and it has 24, so if it doesn't hit my nerve, it's way too expensive.

Now I think about what to watch next, tried Gurren Lagann and Durarara, neither amazed me yet, so I'm still unsure whether I'll give 'em a few more episodes or just get myself something else to watch.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
I just dropped the manga of Kuroko no Basuke. I basically like Sports anime but this one just doesn't hit a nerve, I can't even exactly specify why because it's not bad, but reading it is exhausting for me and more like a chore than fun so I'll drop it. Plus, it's a money factor, I buy every manga that I like and this series has just so many volumes and if I'm not fully convinced it feels like a waste.

That's a shame. Kuroko no Basuke is probably my favorite sports anime. The manga is somewhat boring, but the anime is much better. There's a total of 75 episodes. Most of the later matches are pretty great. Especially when they start introducing the Zone. It's basically the Basketball version of Super Saiyan, you know, minus the transformation aspect. It's a state of mind. I suggest giving the anime a go if wanna give it another chance.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I dropped both Free! and Kuroko no Basuke after really trying to get into them. I love Haikyuu, and a lot of my friends who do like those two as well, but I just couldn't get into them. :l

Back