• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► What shows have you dropped?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Veevee

Awards
That's a shame. Kuroko no Basuke is probably my favorite sports anime. The manga is somewhat boring, but the anime is much better. There's a total of 75 episodes. Most of the later matches are pretty great. Especially when they start introducing the Zone. It's basically the Basketball version of Super Saiyan, you know, minus the transformation aspect. It's a state of mind. I suggest giving the anime a go if wanna give it another chance.

Cool. I already thought about that, so I guess I might give it a go. Thanks for the tip!
I love Haikyuu as well. <3

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
I finished the Kuroko's Basketball anime, but was never really amazed by it. My favorite sports anime is easily Eyeshield 21 because it's just so ridiculous and the characters are fun. It's like a perfect translation of football into the wackiness of a Shonen.

I can see why people like Haikyu!. I haven't finished it, but it's definitely been my second favorite sports series. I feel like the characters are really well done, and the opposing teams are practically never painted as stereotypical villains and are instead portrayed as hard working individuals for which getting to continue on means everything to them, thus watching the protagonist team defeat them is always kind of bittersweet. As much as it is still an exaggerated Shonen with sports shonen cliches present, I do appreciate the depth they put into the characters.

JacquelineDeane

I am not a big TV watcher anymore. When I was a kid I watched TV (Pokemon) enthusiastically, but now I have lost interest.

nadivi

A lot of people have a three-episode rule. I personally have a four-episode rule because I've ended up liking shows only after the fourth episode. That said, I also dropped Fairy Gone after two episodes and two minutes into the third, so exceptions are sometimes made when you're pretty confident you won't like something. Do whatever you're comfortable with.
" Tutuapp 9apps Showbox"

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Rillakuma and Kaoru on Netflix was cute but the premise wore thin after Episode 2. It's just so uneventful and boring.

The Shera, Princess of Power remake on Netflix was all hype, but beyond the LGBT representation, it is a very generic show. As decisive as Voltron became to some folks, at least that show was fun to watch.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
"Drop" implies I've been watching it for a long period of time, but...

I did a first-watch marathon of The Walking Dead last summer. SPOILERS AHEAD Zombie storylines aren't really my thing, so I was forcing it through most of the first season to understand why it was so popular. It really picked up after season 2 until I was hooked. As soon as the show got to Alexandria, it slowly started to go downhill. Everything Negan was horrible and went on way too long. I thought the most recent season would be better because he seemed to be finally done with, but then Rick died. I stopped watching after that. There were several others I liked (Carl, Glenn, Maggie, Maggie's Dad, I even started to like Merle at some point), too, but Rick, Michonne, Daryl, Carol, and Carl were the characters that kept me watching for as long as I had. I was especially amazed at what they did (or the comics apparently did?) with the latter three because I didn't like any of them initially and they felt like the types of characters that in any other show would've been shed as fodder along the way: Daryl would've died in the first season as an antagonist, Carol would've been disposed of after they'd wrung out all the drama/tears over her daughter being dead, and Michonne would've died fighting The Governor at some point.

If I were to ever watch again, the episode where Michonne talks Rick into having hope again and they drive into Alexandria would be where I'd stop. That feels like a good ending, especially following not long after the episode with the storm where they call themselves (rather than the zombies) "the walking dead."

Veevee

Awards
I'm seriously thinking about dropping Psycho-Pass. Started it because I heard so many good things about it, had trouble even watching three episodes because I was really bored. The premise feels so constructed and is so obviously flawed from the first episode on out - couldn't you at least pretend the Sybil system had some redeeming qualities so I don't have to bore myself for god knows how many episodes until these bricks of characters finally also realize it's a shitty system? Speaking of characters, I don't feel any appeal for anyone. I really can't see how one can get hooked on this. Does it get much better?

Zul

Awards
RWBY

I tried to like it past season 3, really tried. I managed to make it through Season 4 and 5 without falling asleep. I have now tried two times to make it through season 6 and can't. The show is just boring now, not much else to say.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I've dropped a number of shows and listing them all would take forever, so I think it might be a lot easier to state that I've more or less dropped anime as a genre cept for maybe a handful of titles that have kept my attention.

As far as actual live-action series', I don't think there are a lot that I've actually dropped ...at least none come to mind. I never watched season 3 of Tyrant, so I guess that would be one. Honestly, there are so many shows I watch that I'm so far behind on a lot of them.

...Well, there's Supernatural. I haven't consistently watched that one since season 11 or so. But I think that's it. I hoard shows like it's nobody's business but I don't drop them cause I know i'll go back to them eventually. All it'll take is the right mood!

Back