• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What side games do YOU want?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
D

Deleted member 246005

I'd add an alternate Twilight Town but its under siege by some bad guy. There are alternate versions of the townsfolk but they got alternate designs that made them look like Avalanche members.

Bonus points if Seifer calls Hayner a chicken wuss.

I'd probably add a Marvel or Star Wars world just for laughs.

Beyond the live action remakes, I'd add a more comedic world like Emperor's new groove.

Yozora seems to be a more serious dude so allowing him moments of levity could give him more range to play with.

I wouldn't mind an FF world.

I'd be curious about a game solely built with original worlds. It's just less fun to theorize about.

I'm iffy about a Yozora-solo game. His appeal is mostly him being Noctis-kinda. Verum Rex works more as a tongue in cheek reference. Granted I'm not a Nomura-stan so maybe I'm just cynical.

He could surprise me.

Yozora teaming with Oswald the Rabbit would be fun.

People joke about Dream Drop Distance being inspired by Inception. So I want a Tenet based level.

Or atleast an unlock able outfit ie.

I'd add Mortimer Mouse as a side villian and an Epic Mickey world ;).

I wouldn't mind something like this-

Or dead or alive venus vacation ;).

A game with Nintendo based worlds would be epic.

Verum Rex: luck of the heavens?

These were ideas for a Yozora based spinoff from another thread. It could be too much for one game but there's always a sequel.

@MATGSY there's a whole graveyard of keyblades. There's plenty to go around. ;).

Last edited by a moderator:

HAWTSAUCE

Awards
As that other poster mentioned, it's something they did with Final Fantasy that was originally an idea Nomura had for KH but he never asked Disney because he assumed they would say no. There are a roster of characters--including both evil and good characters--and you can play as whoever you choose in one-on-one matches. How fun it would be to play different Disney characters, like fighting as Maleficent versus Minnie, Elsa versus Ursula, Aladdin versus Chernabog, Donald versus Jafar, Rapunzel versus Hades, Jack Sparrow versus Oogie, Hades versus Maleficent, Aladdin versus Tarzan, and on and on. Concept art even included a character like the Queen of Hearts, which is surprising because you wouldn't think of her as combat-worthy! I miss when the series was creative in that way and picked characters everyone thinks wouldn't be able to fight (usually female characters) and makes them party members with RPG-style spells and so on.
aaa it sounds so cool :,-) kinda makes me mad we never got it

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Ugh, I knew I was forgetting one, I finally remembered:

8. LEGO Kingdom Hearts

With a number of Disney characters already in mini-fig form & a multitude of sets based on SW, Marvel, Toy Story 3, PotC, & Simpsons, there's certainly precedent for LEGO & Disney/Square to collaborate on KH themed sets. This is especally likely to happen if the rumored D+ series happens & is a hit. & where there's the physical toys, a video game tie-in is sure to follow.

HAWTSAUCE

Awards
i know im the one who made this thread but I'm throwing in another one.... as an auistic guy, sharing my special interest is like a love language so I wish their was a multiplayer kingdom hearts game! i want to be able to play with my husband or my friends instead of hogging the tv to play a kh game they can only kinda watch and be confused by :-( also dam just wish any of my friends were into kh in general
idk what it would be about,,, maybe one where two players can choose to be sora or riku? I'm biased tho since my husband reminds me of riku 👉👈

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
i know im the one who made this thread but I'm throwing in another one.... as an auistic guy, sharing my special interest is like a love language so I wish their was a multiplayer kingdom hearts game! i want to be able to play with my husband or my friends instead of hogging the tv to play a kh game they can only kinda watch and be confused by :-( also dam just wish any of my friends were into kh in general
idk what it would be about,,, maybe one where two players can choose to be sora or riku? I'm biased tho since my husband reminds me of riku 👉👈
As is local splitscreen co-op? I know the feeling, when my SO & I first started dating I introduce her to my games & basically sat there watching her play through them. Times I've wondered why I can't just plug in a 2nd controller & take control of Donald. The Tales of games got co-op & that's a hella underrated feature.

EDIT: OK, you know, what? This is obsolete nowadays but since we're down this road...

#9 3-player KH on Wii U

QhkRaX2.jpg

Nintendo never even made a single game using 2 gamepads despite promoting the feature that 1 E3.

Last edited:
Awards
Some genre ideas
One of my favorite genres is the classic Metroidvania and I think Kingdom Hearts could work really well in that particular genre. Another that comes to mind is a game developed by Platinum Games ( KH has always been an ARPG but something even more action focused would be awesome). And last but not least, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem and Persona have all received a Dynasty Warriors spin-off and I think Kingdom Hearts should be next.
My Kingdom Hearts Warriors pitch
I've been thinking about how it could work and have come up with a solid idea. In the interest of learning more about the Keyblade War, The Foretellers, The Master of Masters, Luxu etc. our heroes once again turn to the Datascape where they upload all known information on the aforementioned subjects and enlist the help of Data Sora. But somehow Data versions of Xehanort(all of them),Organization XIII and Vanitas, as well as Heartless, Nobodies, Unversed and Dream Eaters all show up. So Data version of all our heroes are created to help Data Sora and since this is the Keyblade War they also recruit characters like Ephemer, Skuld and the others. Playable heroes would consist of Sora, Riku, Kairi, Roxas, Lea, Xion, Aqua, Ventus, Terra, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Isa (maybe some other former Organization members) and Master Eraqus. Playable villains would be Master Xehanort, Young Xehanort, Terra-nort, Ansem, Xemnas, Vanitas, Xigbar, Larxene, Marluxia and the rest of the Organization plus Maleficent and Pete (because those two always show up to make things difficult) and maybe some more Disney villains depending on the worlds featured in the game. That's what I've got so far. If anyone else would like to add on to it or polish what I have, go for it. I think it would be a lot of fun to collaborate with you guys to build up this theoretical game.
I really want this one to happen
Soulsborne Hearts (Dark Hearts?)
You wake up in the Realm of Darkness with no memory of who you are or how you got there. The only thing you do know is that the weapon in your hand is called a Keyblade. Surrounded by Heartless (much stronger versions since they're in their natural habitat) you struggle to survive and start to lose hope until you reach Sanctum, a safe haven created by others that are trapped in the dark realm that also serves as your hub. It's here where you learn that in order to return to the light you must defeat Guardian Heartless, extremely powerful beings that are scattered across the Realm of Darkness. As you set out on your journey, you find the Keyblades of wielders who tried and failed before you. Each Keyblade still emanates enough light for your heart to retreat to when you're defeated (much like the bonfires in Dark Souls) as well as granting you a new keychain. With each Guardian Heartless you defeat the darkness holding the portal closed weakens and a memory is restored to you, giving you access to a new ability and getting you one step closer to the light. But remember "The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes". And when faced with your own darkness, will you prevail, or will it consume you?
A joke idea but I think it would be fun
Jumping Hayner:The Game. A stealth focused adventure where your only hope of defeating enemies (including bosses) is to surprise jump kick them from behind. The mandatory photo mode would allow players to capture Hayner in these godly moments.

Awards
Devil May Cry but with the Sea Salt Fam.

Roxas' dual wielding moveset gets expanded and over the course of the game gets new "weapons" in the form of transformations for Oathkeeper/Oblivion.

Xion can mimic the moves of bosses she defeats, somewhat more in line with how weapons in DMC3 and DMC5 are based on bosses.

Not sure on Axel or Saïx outside of what they already have.

Developed by Square Enix and Capcom.

D

Deleted member 246005

I'm still hoping it's a spinoff with new characters and a story. Similar to Star Wars Rebels or Vigilantes the MHA spinoff. It can be in the same universe but a different corner.

Pairing him/her with Max Goof and Friends is an interesting hook. Other options include Oswald the Rabbit, Donald's friends the other two Caballeros, Horace and Clarice, an older Huey, Duey, Louie etc.

You can have Lady Tremaine and the Evil Queen pop up as the main Disney villians. They both wanna be the next Maleficent but disagree on who should be it. Having them fighting each other as much as they fight the main characters could be fun.

Kinda like when The Joker fought The Riddler in the recent Batman comics.

s-l300.png

There are probably gonna be an oc antagonists like the Organization. There are alot of cool ocs on DeviantArt. I'd be down for a new Organization with different goals than the Xehanorts.

Etc..... it's a rabbit hole.

Ps. Thank you for reading my late night rambles.

I'd have an older male teenager (15-17) from the poor side of town.

He's a g-rated version of Hyde from that 70s show. Let's call him "Jekyll".

He's a fighter or a Black/red mage.

He reminds Sora of Riku and Sora tries to figure out what's going on with Riku through him.

He becomes Sora's pessimistic older brother. In my headcanon, Sora grew up sheltered by his parents so Jekyll tries to teach him the hard knocks of life. In return Sora helps him be optimistic and believe in bigger things than his own safety.

If anything you could ship him with Yuffie. She tends to get shipped with older men who are introverted or damaged. He scratches that itch but it's more believable because they are closer in age and he is more extroverted.

@KeybladePenguin
This is a pitch I had for an animated spinoff and an OC I created for a roleplay that never kicked off.

So you can condense them and do them as a game.

Grey Skies

Awards
I want all the spinoffs. They won't all be smash shits to me, but they allow a good amount of creative freedom, can be made cheaply, and have good potential to be cult classics and be well worth playing.

I would especially like a spinoff focusing on platforming, exploration, and puzzle solving. Make it Disney, make it fun, give some focus and character development to some underutilized original characters, expand on mundane parts of the worlds and the lore, and I'll buy it. Not every KH game needs complex combat and a grand story about saving the universe.

magic713

Awards
I kinda lost track of the latest games, but if lore hasn't been covered yet, I'd like to see a game following Mickey during the events of the first Kingdom Hearts.

palizinhas

Awards
Naminé dating sim in Twilight Town post-kh3. You can date Roxas, Xion, Hayner, Pence and Olette. Riku has a secret unlockable route.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Dissidia Kingdom Hearts, but set it in an alternate reality with its own storyline using all of the characters in the franchise so we can get some new character dynamics.

Turn based KH based on coded/Re:coded’s system from Olympus. Maybe a press-turn system like SMT? This can be a side game based on the main universe. In my mind I can see something like Child of Light, so maybe make it a Kairi or Namine game?

But my biggest want is a dating sim/visual novel. You choose your lead and can romance whoever tf you want because everybody is within the same age range. It would have mystery, intrigue, probably murder, and it would be hilarious.

D

Deleted member 246005

I'd make Star Wars native to the realm of darkness. Aqua gets involved in one of the sagas while she is stuck.

the red monster

Awards
BBS type game with Kairi, Ventus and Lea as the leads. each with different story and worlds to go to.
Kairi training with aqua
Ventus dealing with UX stuff, involves lauriam and elrena.
Lea and isa searching for skuld, have roxas and xion helping them.

all of these stories will never get games on their own, so just bundle them all up for a single game.

Awards
A game with Mickey as the lead, with worlds based on old shorts, Disneyland attractions (Haunted Mansion is a must) and other games like Castle of Illusion and Epic Mickey. And Oswald will finally make an appearance.

D

Deleted member 246005

They did an interesting amalgam between DMC and KH. So I'd be interested in exploring it more. Just a fun non-canon romp.

DC and Marvel did something similar called "Amalgam" back in the 90s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back