• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What themes to incorporate into a Female Player theme?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

RonaldPoe

Awards
I'm a musician and I'm thinking of writing a musical theme for Union X's Female Player some time. The biggest problem probably would be too many similarities between the Female Player and Player X/Male Player (they have very similar powers and personalities along with taking the same journey). I guess her theme could just be a cuter version of a general Player (Union X) theme. I'm also wondering what themes to incorporate (besides Daybreak Town's field theme)?

This thread was inspired this one. Also Female Player is fun, badass, and the closest thing we'll get to a female version of Xehanort (given the game's ending). She's probably not going to be canon but is liked by many of us.
"Before the Daylight" (Daybreak Town's theme)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I think it'd be neat if her theme isn't like all the other female character themes in this series. Something that plays to her strengths and her journey rather than "she is a -insert adjective here- girl".

FeMC is strong, brave, kind, gentle, quirky, a bit dense, and above all else, she endures. No matter what pain she experiences, she finds a way to make it to the other side. Her traumas do not define her. She keeps fighting, no matter what.

Last edited:

Willow A113

Awards
I think it would be cool if there was a short portion of the song that mixed together the themes of all the Disney worlds we visit in the game. Disney worlds are an important part of player’s journey, so it would be good. It definitely shouldn’t take up the whole song, but a short little part would be nice.

RonaldPoe

Awards
Thanks for the suggestions. I was going to go for a more energetic character theme rather than just a pretty and/or melancholy one. Also love the idea of incorporating some Disney world themes (such as Wonderland and the Candy Kingdom). Any more tips would be appreciated.

Xagzan

Awards
Welllllll, given certain events we just saw in the UX ending, you could always throw in the faintest fragment of the X-Blade motif, which of course, more to the point, is also Xehanort's.

The sad thing is you know Nomura's gonna make the canon Player a guy, if anything.

TrueTroper

Awards
Welllllll, given certain events we just saw in the UX ending, you could always throw in the faintest fragment of the X-Blade motif, which of course, more to the point, is also Xehanort's.

The sad thing is you know Nomura's gonna make the canon Player a guy, if anything.
This, buddy. We all know that KH doesn't exactly let its female characters "shine" (poor Aqua). And that's not even getting into the Kairi treatment...

Which is why I came up with the idea to create a day dedicated solely to celebrating the Female Protagonist. Even if she isn't allowed to be a Protagonist, at least fans have a day to recognize her importance and celebrate her, making her the "star" of her own special day. You know?

TrueTroper

Awards
Thanks for the suggestions. I was going to go for a more energetic character theme rather than just a pretty and/or melancholy one. Also love the idea of incorporating some Disney world themes (such as Wonderland and the Candy Kingdom). Any more tips would be appreciated.
Hand in Hand is a nice, energetic theme that has some powerful elements. It's certainly used as a "battle theme" in Daybreak Town.

AegisXIII

Awards
How about taking all sad female character themes (which mostly are in minor key) and play them in major key so that they sound happy? Aqua's theme would be a perfect fit, in my opinion.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Adding on to the suggestion about using world themes, maybe you could incorporate elements from Daybreak Town's "Before the Daylight" and/or "Wake Up, World!"?

Yeah, we've pretty much all accepted the reality of that. It's a shame; the protagonist is a hell of a lot more unique as a girl than a boy. He struggles (and that's being generous) to stand out among all the other male characters.

I take one look at FeMC and see why I would sympathize and relate to her.
I take a look at MC and just turn my attention towards one of the other guys instead lol

In any case, it makes me really happy to see how strongly people here feel about FeMC, the MVP ☺️

Back