• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What were your thoughts on KH3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sora x kairi

Hi what are your thoughts about kh dream drop distance what did you like about dream drop distance and what were your favorite parts in the game

CelestialSodaPop

Re: What were your thoughts to kh dream drop distance

I beat it over a month ago and I must say that I found it to be amazing!
The game play is pretty awesome, I really like the flowmotion, Love the graphics and the music!
The Grid and Symphony of Sorcery would have to be my favorite worlds :smile:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

i thought it was pretty solid. though the addition of time travel only further convoluted things

Gram

Banned
Awards

My favorite parts were largely the story bits, such as TWTNW or the ones focusing on Micky and gang. Also really loved the Grid world! xD
Though the part that shined most to me was Riku's story in this, his development came full circle.

Though we could've honestly done without time travel to make things more convoluted than they are. xD

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

My most favourite part has to be Sora's time in TWTNW. It was one huge mindscrew, what with the appearances of past characters, one after another... I was also quite worried that time when Sora succumbed to the darkness of his own heart, because thus far we had always seen him as a hero of light.

Overall, I liked the game. In terms of importance to the series it sits high up there along with BbS, and with an ending like that, it made for a perfect transition from KH2 to KH3.

EDIT: And we fought against Ventus in his Fever Pitch style. My life was momentarily complete at that instant of time. :D

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Storywise, it makes me angry. But the game is still pretty solid, and a worthy follow up and interlude to KH3.

The gameplay was fun, and the worlds were a good size. Didn't like how empty everything was, but I hope KH3 fixes that. I hated the drop system, but it was a good way to switch things up. I think they could have used this game as an excuse to get really out there with the disney world choices, but for the most part I liked it.

Storywise, it makes me angry. But the game is still pretty solid, and a worthy follow up and interlude to KH3.

The gameplay was fun, and the worlds were a good size. Didn't like how empty everything was, but I hope KH3 fixes that. I hated the drop system, but it was a good way to switch things up. I think they could have used this game as an excuse to get really out there with the disney world choices, but for the most part I liked it.
I know what you mean by that XD but its a great game

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I'm gonna scum it like IGN just to be fast

+Gameplay used Birth by Sleep as a base to jump off from, added mobility is great
+Drop system lended to the flow (heheh) of the game better than separate scenarios
+Plot pulled together all the disparate elements of the preceding games into a single focus for the finale

-Worlds tended to feel very empty
-Stat Abilities being bound to Spirits, while reasonable, wasn't entirely intuitive
-Spirit menu is incredibly tedious

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
The story of DDD is far too convoluted for anyone to reasonably follow without extensively researching and discussing the series online. This isn't helped by how much the game doesn't explain and how frequently it seemingly contradicts itself. I'm a huge fan of the KH series, and have never considered it all that complicated, but DDD definitely changed that. I also love time travel stories, but this one was executed poorly, with few rules clearly established and several seeming rule-breaks in that very game. Further, the game is a fountain of retcons. Ansem SoD and Apprentice Xehanort's motivations make little sense now. Retcons are fine, and I'm no slave to past canon if a change is needed to tell a good story, but this game's story is sloppy and confused, and it sacrifices some of the most powerful material in the rest of the series to build up some poorly conceived master-plan.

As far as gameplay, I enjoyed it, but it was a step back from BbS (like most everything since BbS). The Flowmotion system is very fun and exciting, but it was balanced poorly and mars the series' move toward more strategic combat. It also wrecks DDD's only feeble attempts at platforming. Similarly, the lack of command fusion was disappointing, especially after Re:coded's very clever system. Spirits were fun as companions, but linking commands to them was a bad idea. I mostly kept and trained the same Spirits the whole game (which I thought was the point of having cute, cuddly companions), so I never obtained a solid library of commands. The spirit links were very cool, though. I especially enjoyed utilizing Sora's links. I'm pretty neutral on the Drop system. I never really used the Drop bonuses, and dropping during a boss fight was stupid, but the system generally functioned well.

On a more positive note, I thoroughly enjoyed the difficulty of the game, and the visuals were fantastic. The music was also (in my opinion) equal to the best Yoko Shimomura has yet produced. The minigames and sidequests were also better than average for the series as well.

tl;dr: The story was awful but the rest was decent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back