• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would Kingdom Hearts be like if it was primarily about Disney?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
So, this is just a random question I thought up (inspired by a fanfiction wiki thing I saw that seems….not quite good and which I won’t name for politeness sake) and thought it made be interesting to see what answers people have; what do you think Kingdom Hearts would be like of Disney was truly front and center in it?

That is to say, if the majority of the original characters were gonezo, and the main cast was made up of characters from all across Disney’s vast library of media. The universe, cosmology, and “rules” (Heartless and Nobodies, Keyblade) would remain, but not everything else.

Personally I’m not entirely sure it would actually be as good or at least interesting as the Kingdom Hearts we have. At the very least it’d definitely take out a lot of the charm and make the setting a little “hollower”, but that’s just my initial thoughts. Very interested to hear what other people may think on the matter.

Awards
This is very difficult to answer. I'm racking my brain trying to figure out how people would react to this. I think people would think it's super weird. All the original lore and story is very much JRPG story telling and not like disney at all. Having the original characters who's designs blend JRPG character designs with disney make them connect together better. KH1's story is less JRPG than the rest, so it still might work fine with just disney characters. All the subsequent games would not work as well, though. I think the story and lore would be completely different past the first game if there weren't any original characters.

D

Deleted member 246005

So, this is just a random question I thought up (inspired by a fanfiction wiki thing I saw that seems….not quite good and which I won’t name for politeness sake) and thought it made be interesting to see what answers people have; what do you think Kingdom Hearts would be like of Disney was truly front and center in it?

That is to say, if the majority of the original characters were gonezo, and the main cast was made up of characters from all across Disney’s vast library of media. The universe, cosmology, and “rules” (Heartless and Nobodies, Keyblade) would remain, but not everything else.

Personally I’m not entirely sure it would actually be as good or at least interesting as the Kingdom Hearts we have. At the very least it’d definitely take out a lot of the charm and make the setting a little “hollower”, but that’s just my initial thoughts. Very interested to hear what other people may think on the matter.
It would be a mix of Epic Mickey and the House of Mouse. Mickey is a prankster who becomes a keyblade apprentice. He decides to fight the Heartless before they destroy the universe. Along the way he meets his future friends Donald and Goofy as well as future enemies like Pete.

It would probably be more episodic like Sonic the Hedgehog. It probably would have more anthropomorphic characters than human.

Last edited by a moderator:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'd say more along the lines of Super Mario RPG/Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi games in terms of tone. There's a story but it's mostly an excuse plot for a series of set piece moments & nothing of overly emotional weight.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Probably similar to Castle of Illusion. Maybe a different Disney villain would be the main villain of each entry--Maleficent first, then Jafar, maybe Ursula or Hades after.

Personally, I wouldn't have wanted a KH without original anime-esque characters and the FF characters involved. I just don't like that post-KH1, all interaction between Disney and the original story ended.

D

Deleted member 246005

The Xehanort saga tanked alot of my love for Kingdom Hearts. So I'd prefer an Episodic Mickey/Disney series over it.

A middle ground would be a more episodic KH. Which would fit Sora better to me. He's not suited for longterm storytelling.

I think Nomura's tangents and sporadic worldbuilding are easier to forgive in a more episodic series.

Last edited by a moderator:

disney233

Awards
Disney....is at a weird fucking place in this series. Because a KH that's primarily about Disney is pretty much full-on KH1. Disney used to be the driving force of the series, but...now the driving force is much...MUCH more on the ocs than the actual Disney worlds & characters. Divorcing either aspect from the game will only result in a completely different game that'll probably end up a bit blander than the former.

At the same time, it almost seems like the Disney & the FF aspect of the series is in purgatory because the spotlight's shining down on the ocs, and I HIGHLY doubt it'll ever be shared with the two aspects that made this series.

Barrett

Awards
If the majority of the original characters were gone, I'd say that like really the only ones that I think will still appear are Sora, Riku, and Kairi, especially since they're so integral to the series. If not them, I'm not sure how the series would've fared if it was really just about Disney and only Disney.

Back