• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would you change about KH:coded story?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

magic713

Awards
Up next, thoughts on the story for KH:coded? What could be improved, what should be changed? Is it fine as it is? Thoughts? Any ideas of how to improve it?

This story I know pretty much nothing about, so I have nothing to contribute.

Last edited:

Zackarix

Awards
People hate on Coded for being a skippable side story, but I can forgive it for that. Why? Because it was originally released on a phone model only available in Japan. If we must have games on every system then I would prefer it if they were side stories instead of unmissable puzzle pieces.

But as for the story itself, Data-Kairi should have been involved somehow. Data-Roxas exists despite not being involved in KH1 or CoM because he and Sora are two halves of a whole and one can't exist without the other, but Data-Namine can exist without a Kairi counterpart?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Nothing that I can think of, actually. I thought it was a fun diversion of a game, even if its story was mostly inconsequential.

D

Deleted member 246005

I'd do a story where Ven wakes up in Sora's subconscious. He has to defend it from Vanitas.

Or a Kairi centered story where her training gets interrupted by Lady Tremaine and Larxene.

My big issues was the focus on Sora and the rehash of KH1's structure. So scrapping Sora and retooling the worlds with an easier to grasp scenario would help.

I don't need Coded to tie into the Xehanort Saga. But if you still wanted it to....that's my pitch.

Last edited by a moderator:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
There was a story?

Alright, alright, fine. I wouldn't do the whole Data-Sora losing his memories at the end. & jumping ahead a bit it would be the same Data-Sora in Limit Cut instead of a new one Cid made. Just say Cid upgraded him.

Plus I wouldn't have had the heroes go out of their way to rescue Maleficent & Pete. They brought on themselves, let 'em die.

Zackarix

Awards
Alright, alright, fine. I wouldn't do the whole Data-Sora losing his memories at the end. & jumping ahead a bit it would be the same Data-Sora in Limit Cut instead of a new one Cid made. Just say Cid upgraded him.
If there's one thing I absolutely hate about Coded's story it's Data-Sora losing his memories. The story emphasizes that he's a fully sentient being with a heart of his own but it's okay to mind wipe him because the journal is being reset? I know this franchise is no stranger to thematic inconsistency, but when it's in the same game it's just confusing.

magic713

Awards
Plus I wouldn't have had the heroes go out of their way to rescue Maleficent & Pete. They brought on themselves, let 'em die.
But then we wouldn't have anyone say "Looks like Team Rocket is blasting off again!"

Wow, I'm so old

Last edited:

Grey Skies

Awards
I would add Riku and Kairi as party members for most of the game, add 100 Acre Wood (so we would have book characters interacting with book characters from a book within the book, along with it being a light and fluffy location), not wipe data-Sora's memory, replace Castle Oblivion with Twilight Town, and give the cast a happy ending. The game was intended first and foremost to be fun (and make money, of course), and I think the story should have reflected that better instead of becoming jarringly dark in the last world especially.

PrettyGuard

Awards
I never knew Re:Coded was hated so much. I just thought it was overlooked far too often. One thing I heard is that in Japan, back when Re:Coded was first introduced, Birth by Sleep Final Mix was released 3 days later, so it got completely overshadowed.

Back