• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would you change for the KHIII story?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

magic713

Awards
What would you change about the latest main numbered KH game? Big, small? Plot, characters? etc.

I know next to nothing of this game. I may play it someday, but need money and system to play it first. Your thoughts?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
- I would’ve had Aqua be rescued midway (the point at which 100 Acre Wood is) instead of just before the final level. Well, I suppose I need to start before that—Radiant Garden would have been in this game, like it should’ve been. Then Aqua would’ve been rescued by Sora midway in the game to “recover” at Radiant Garden while the group waits to accrue the number of members they need for the final battle. Kairi, Lea, and Merlin would’ve been at Radiant Garden. Together Merlin, Aqua, Squall, Aerith, and Yuffie would’ve helped them train. Aqua and Kairi could've had a scene or two together, for example.
- TRON would’ve appeared, even if it’s only in a cutscene where SDG visit the computer room, just as a resolution to that character after The Grid’s appearance in 3D.
- Maleficent and Pete would’ve found the box in this game instead of that plot getting pushed off to another installment yet again.
- Seifer would’ve been at Twilight Town.
- Namine should’ve been more present than she was. Perhaps the Apprentices could’ve revived her midway at Radiant Garden somehow? She wouldn’t have done very much, but at least everything wouldn’t be packed there at the end.

Nothing else coming to mind right now. Maybe something will later though.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Definitely would have brought back the FF characters as well. And would have introduced Lightning in Olympus and had her partner up with Hades to save her sister. Rinoa could have returned at the end to reunite with Leon as well.

I'd also resolve the Cloud, Sephiroth, and Zack subplot. Sora, Donald, and Goofy could have teamed up with Cloud help finish of Sephiroth once and for all and save Zack from him. If it couldn't have been done in the base game I'd of made it a DLC episode.

I'd definitely change more in terms of certain Disney worlds but I'll save that for when I'm less busy

disney233

Awards
k416etdy38n11.jpg

AIGHT, LET'S DO THIS.

To start it off, I understand that the length of the worlds remedied why there aren't that many Disney worlds in KH3, but...idk. Even then they just still feel empty. Maybe just...bloat the numbers up a bit. I want the idea of adding at least...a few returning worlds to finish their arcs, completely. I kinda feel there's still room for story in 2 worlds - Agrabah & Neverland for their respective sequels (or Pan's sequel & Aladdin's threequel)

Next possibly the inclusion of 2 new Disney worlds. Atlantis (Atlantis - the Lost Empire) & the Crescent City (The Princess & the Frog). Both of which introduce 2 of the plot points - 2 candidates of the new 7 Lights, Tiana & Kaida, and Atlantis would be a perfect place to have some sort of connection between the Atlantean War & the Keyblade War.

SOMETHING To ACTUALLY involve SDG in Arendelle. Idfk confront Elsa, tend to the actual town, ANYTHING.

This probably goes for the Caribbean. Have Sora more involved in the shit that's happening in regards to Davy Jones, Beckett, the Brethren Court, Sao Feng...honestly if Beckett was more involved here the same as he was in At World's End, I might actually be reminded of his existence. And in all honesty, just...have everyone go here after the chest. Have Maleficent & Pete ally with Beckett & Davy Jones to make things interesting.

The Pixar worlds have done a MAGNIFICENT job in making it FEEL like the Disney worlds seem actually...relevant. At the expense of a non-fightable Randall or Zurg. So perhaps just have them tag team with the Heartless you fight. Like Zurg, discarded and brought back by Young Xehanort riding alongside the King of Toys, and either Randall, Vanitas, or both fighting Mike, Sully, & SDG alongside the Lump of Horror.

I've Seen the Light at the lantern scene in Corona. We got Let it Go AND Do You Wanna Build a Snowman, I don't get why we didn't get that song along with them.

Lastly San Fransokyo. At least...SOME sort of connection from Donald & Goofy in regards to the Darkubes & the Blox from Re:Coded. I don't think we even got a single reference to them. Also, another opportunity to include Maleficent & Pete into the world instead of just....inserting them there just to remind us that they exist. Maybe the Darkubes can pique Maleficent's interest, given they look similar to the blox in the datascape. Perhaps Maleficent can conclude that they're the key to the mystery behind the data world she needs.

And THOSE Are just the Disney aspect. Literally the ONE thing I could change in regards to the original story is just...scatter the story arcs around. Like...have Aqua & Ven's rescue earlier in the game instead of shoving it ALL at the end of the Disney rollercoaster ride. I'd say get to this part of the story after say...the 2nd wave of worlds. (In this change it seems to be...1st wave - returning worlds, 2nd wave - new worlds.)

LASTLy, an IMPORTANT THING, HERE. 3 lacked something that 1, and to an extent, 2 has. A MAIN world base...if that makes sense. A world in which the group goes back to, to either restock on potions & equipment or reconvene with the main and Final Fantasy characters. KH1 has this with Traverse Town, and 2 has this (to an extent) with Hollow Bastion. 3 had Twilight Town, but it didn't feel like it had any incentive....go there a 2nd time, let alone more than once. I mean...there's doing 100 Acre Wood and all, but idk.

That being said, as much as I like 3's Twilight Town, Radiant Garden fits this category the best. The exploration of all the areas we've been through of this world, throughout the series. The lush castle gardens and the very town itself of BBS, the outskirts of the town & the Great Maw of 2, and the castle itself of 1(With...less platforming). You can reunite with everyone in either both the castle and Merlin's house, with the FF cast, and Ienzo, Aleus, and Dilan. It'd be the perfect 'hub world' of KH3.

I've thought way too much of this. Some points probably don't make sense. But as we're just one (or 2 I guess) games away, I enjoyed participating in this. Even if my points are probably all just...gibberish.

Zackarix

Awards
First and foremost, rewrite the story to have a three act structure and delete the textbook fridging.

Have the Diseny worlds actually be important. Don't settle for thematic importance, let plot events happen in them. Imagine if the story of the Toy Story world had been about actually resurrecting Xion instead of foreshadowing it. This would also have the benefit of making it so that the plot isn't so backloaded.

Have Radiant Garden be a playable world. There are so many plotlines running through it that the fact that it didn't make the cut is baffling. How is the restoration committee reacting to the return of the people who destroyed their world? Why didn't we see Aqua get her Keyblade and armor back? And so forth.

Last edited:

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Hundred Acre Wood felt like a waste of a world, they should of got rid of it or at least made it similar to the KH1 and KH2 versions

Someone should of told Sora about Castle Oblivion as I think it would of been cool when Sora realises who Marluxia and Larxene are he starts to become angry as he realises there the ones who hurt Namine, then they say something that makes Sora summon his Keyblade but before Sora can do anything they summon some Nobodies to fight him and then leave through the Corridor of Darkness

I was disappointed that Marluxia and Larxene didn’t get a funny scene with the Disney characters like the other Organization members who appeared in the Disney worlds did as I found moments like Sully throwing Vantias through the door or Luxord being knocked of the ship by Jack Sparrow’s bad breath funny, so I would of really liked to see something similar in the Tangled and Frozen worlds

A cutscene showing Kairi and Lea training with each other or let us play as Kairi for a bit as we have a short fight against Lea.

Let the KH characters interact with the Disney plot in the Frozen world instead of just watching it.

Should of been able to visit Radiant Garden and actually get to go to the area in Twilight town where the Clocktower is.

Zackarix

Awards
I just remembered the one thing I thought would really have rounded out KH3's story.

Flashback Xehanort should have been the second playable character. Maybe make it like FF8 where you have a present player character in Sora/Squall and a past one in Xehanort/Laguna. This is where Xehanort's history should have been explored instead of exiling it to a failed phone game. Show me why I should care about Xehanort, his goals, or his relationship with Eraqus. Show me why he's more than the guy who ruined the lives of all the characters I care about. Show me that he's an Anakin-esque fallen hero instead of a Palpatine-like villain to the core.

If they had taken this approach then maybe Xehanort's final fate wouldn't have fallen flat for so many people.

Back