• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would you like to see in a KH1 HD remaster?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
i want all the final mix content we didnt get from japan if that not in it i wont buy it

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
-HD collection on PS3, 360 & Wii U
-DS/3DS games exclusive in PS3/Wii U versions, using Vita & Wii U controller as the bottom screen for those games. 360 unfortunately lacks a viable substitute plus DVD-9 might not be large for all of those games.
-World/Boss/Cutscene replay
-Drop-in co-op where another 2 players can take control of AI party members.
-New Game+: all levels & equipment carry over to a new game. The levels of all enemies increase by 50
-New Game++: All enemies from beginning to end are level 100
-Minions for every world:
Wonderland: Card Soldiers in more than just 1 battle
Olympus: Centurians or centaurs
Deep Jungle: Clayton's crew
Agrabah: Palace guards
Atlantica: More electric eels
Halloween Town: Werewolves & vampires
Neverland: Pirates
Hollow Bastion: Maleficent's goons
The World That Never Was: Chernabog's ghosts

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Considering this is a what I would "like" to see, I would like to see:

-Everything Shamdeo said
-Everything MATGSY said
- A scenario to play as Donald or Goofy instead of Sora
- An option to refight any boss in the game and replay any world with cutscenes
- A remake of the whole series from KH1 through Re:Coded (they don't need to include the original CoM or Coded)
- Enhanced audio and songs
- A way to interact with the characters using AR functions on the Vita and/or 3DS
- Playable Disney Castle
- Addition of Pinocchio world into Days
- Way to play through the BbS worlds as Sora and a way to play through the KH1/KH2 worlds as TAV

That is what I would LIKE, what I think is possible on the other hand is:

- KH1, KH2, BbS, Re:CoM (possibly) HD remasters
- Final Mix additions

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
- Final Mix
- if they call the collection "Reconnect" I want lots of extra cutscenes and perhaps a few new abilities and stats (ignite/posion enimies etc) and maybe some new magic if that's not to much.
- all released trailers, a few sketches and interview etc.
- KH 1 better camera

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
I don't get why people are so bothered about the fish faces. In fact, the asseverations people make about it sound worse than it actually is.

- A remake of the whole series from KH1 through Re:Coded (they don't need to include the original CoM or Coded)

lol

Youniquee

Awards
I don't get why people are so bothered about the fish faces. In fact, the asseverations people make about it sound worse than it actually is.

lol

The fish faces are seriously annoying. It's like the character's face just became flat and they lack expression, life. Y'know?

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
The fish faces are seriously annoying. It's like the character's face just became flat and they lack expression, life. Y'know?

No. It's no different than the expressionless faces from the PSX era or the constantly constipated face of Max Payne. This sounds like something trivial to be annoyed about.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No. It's no different than the expressionless faces from the PSX era or the constantly constipated face of Max Payne. This sounds like something trivial to be annoyed about.

It is just rather off-putting once you see them with detailed faces in one scene then the next they are just pre-rendered. If it was constant it wouldn't have been anything but the switch between the two stands out a lot.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
It is just rather off-putting once you see them with detailed faces in one scene then the next they are just pre-rendered. If it was constant it wouldn't have been anything but the switch between the two stands out a lot.

I can understand that to some extent, but weren't these fish-face scenes the ones that also had no voice acting? Outside of the work it might take to redo the faces, it would look more awkward if there was no voice acting in scenes with detailed faces. I can see people complaining about that and it's not worth all that trouble.

The thing about this is that it all sounds superficial to me.

Youniquee

Awards

And the expressionless faces were annoying for that Era too. But that was PS1. We expected less. >.> and I was about what 6/7?

A cut scene should be nice to look at. Why should I get distracted by the detailed faces to the fish faces? I think I would improve the cut scenes as it'll add more expression rather than those fishy faces.

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
I can understand that to some extent, but weren't these fish-face scenes the ones that also had no voice acting? Outside of the work it might take to redo the faces, it would look more awkward if there was no voice acting in scenes with detailed faces. I can see people complaining about that and it's not worth all that trouble.

The thing about this is that it all sounds superficial to me.

Fish-faces are used in voiced cutscenes. Quite extensively in KH1, particularly Disney worlds. Though, some non-voiced scenes had detailed faces in the games.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
And the expressionless faces were annoying for that Era too. But that was PS1. We expected less. >.> and I was about what 6/7?

A cut scene should be nice to look at. Why should I get distracted by the detailed faces to the fish faces? I think I would improve the cut scenes as it'll add more expression rather than those fishy faces.

Because graphics aren't important? Like I said, this sounds superficial. Your dislike of non-detailed faces and wanting for everything to look super nice is your own problem. The quality of cutscenes rarely has to do with how pretty and detailed the character models, background, etc., look.

Fish-faces are used in voiced cutscenes. Quite extensively in KH1, particularly Disney worlds. Though, some non-voiced scenes had detailed faces in the games.

Ah, then I stand corrected. It's been a while since I've played the game.

noheartx

Because graphics aren't important? Like I said, this sounds superficial. Your dislike of non-detailed faces and wanting for everything to look super nice is your own problem. The quality of cutscenes rarely has to do with how pretty and detailed the character models, background, etc., look.

I disagree, graphics are a pretty important part of gaming. I love looking at the aesthetic parts of games. It can really make or break a game.

Youniquee

Awards

So graphics aren't important at all? Let's all be truful to ourselves, graphics are important to a degree. In this day and age, if there was a game on PS3 and it looked like a PS1 game, no effort put into graphics at all...would you pick it up?

Anyway, I'm not saying that graphics are 100% important, I'm just saying that if it can be improved, then it should be since it's a remaster...Why not anyway? Quite a few people complained?

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I disagree, graphics are a pretty important part of gaming. I love looking at the aesthetic parts of games. It can really make or break a game.

I think graphics in KH are only important to an extent. I mean, it's not like we need FFXIII graphics. From what I remember, KH2 did go with no fish faces - I'd like to see that improved on that past titles, but honestly I wouldn't reallyc are if they didn't improve them. I play KH for the game itself, not the graphics.

See: Days.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

That's an asinine notion. A game that looks like garbage and has gameplay that is enjoyable and good is better than a game that looks beautiful and has crappy gameplay design. Graphics won't make or break a game. You're just being neglectful of what makes a good game.

So graphics aren't important at all? Let's all be truful to ourselves, graphics are important to a degree. In this day and age, if there was a game on PS3 and it looked like a PS1 game, no effort put into graphics at all...would you pick it up?

Yes, I would. Don't assume that my dismissal of the importance of graphics is to that extent though. While it is nice to have gorgeous graphics, a game is only going to be better because of it if it has a good game design.

Anyway, I'm not saying that graphics are 100% important, I'm just saying that if it can be improved, then it should be since it's a remaster...Why not anyway? Quite a few people complained?

Because most people are inane. People make half-baked complaints about the silliest thing and the greatest example is whiny characters. That a character whines a lot doesn't make him a bad character and people don't seem to understand that.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't except KH to have a FFXIII look to it, but if they are going to remaster, fixing fish face just seems like something they should do.

noheartx

That's an asinine notion. A game that looks like garbage and has gameplay that is enjoyable and good is better than a game that looks beautiful and has crappy gameplay design. Graphics won't make or break a game. You're just being neglectful of what makes a good game.

How is that asinine. They wouldn't focus so much on graphics if they weren't important. Are you telling me that if everything is blocky and pixelated and completely unreal that as long as it has good mechanics you would play it? It needs to be an even balance. No one wants to play a game with bad graphics but good gameplay, and vice versa. Looking at the game is what makes it realistic. (well as realistic as you can imagine some games, but you get what im saying)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back