• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would you like to see in KH III, as far as the characters maturing?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ok sunny

Awards
It's been talked about a lot over the internet now, and probably even this website at one point, but what would you guys/gals like to see in the growing maturity of Sora, Riku, Kairi, and the gang? Maybe even a romantic relationship could be part of the initial story line of the game? Such as Sora and Kairi's relationship. Or (Here's an idea of my own), Riku's own relationship with someone... :confused:
One day, Riku is adventuring through the worlds with King Mickey and they are in trouble at one point. They are about to lose a fight, when all of a sudden a young woman comes to save the two. Riku is shocked by the way she fought off whatever they may have lost to, but Mickey is on edge with her appearance, skills, and keyblade (maybe?). Eventually, Riku starts gaining feelings toward this woman and Mickey tries to stop him. *Here's the twist* It turns out that the young woman is someone working for/or is one of the new Organization XIII members who is leading Riku on. Mickey turns out to be right in the end. Riku, torn apart by this, still tries to save her from staying into the organization's grasp and he might even convince here to join him, instead. I forgot to mention that at one point even the young woman would start to care for Riku as well, due to the fact that he overcame the darkness in such a brutal way, which might impress her and may make her feel a bit bad.
Sorry for this long paragraph, but it was a clever idea of mine just to help you think about them growing up. It would also be a good plot twist that effects the story line. So, tell me what you guys would like to see as far as Maturity goes in KH III! :biggrin:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Something I noticed about Sora is at this point he's kind'uv a friend to all things and doesn't seem to have romantic feelings for Kairi anymore. I would kinda like to see Kairi go through this. Realizing the guy she likes doesn't like her that way. Goes to Riku for comfort. Maybe try to start a relationship with him. Riku pointing out that it wouldn't work because he will always be second place to her and Sora is still number one in her heart, blah, blah, blah.
I think this is the first time I sounded fangirly. Forgive me. I just mean that I like the game to actually deal with the trio's relationships.

Seighart

Awards
I'd want to see Sora with his KH1 attitude. In KH3D, he seemed very silly and slow. I do want to see his serious side throughout the game, with silly moments. As for Riku, I can see him becoming the batman of the group lol, but I want him to stay the same, since he's gotten the most character development. Kairi is becoming the cliche story girl. Damsel in distress becomes potential hero spouting "This time, let me protect you!", like Sakura does from Naruto. Im hoping she can at least go through the game saying how much she's been through and explain the driving force in fighting. Saying something like, "I just wanted to be with you two" would feel so much better.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
One day, Riku is adventuring through the worlds with King Mickey and they are in trouble at one point. They are about to lose a fight, when all of a sudden a young woman comes to save the two. Riku is shocked by the way she fought off whatever they may have lost to, but Mickey is on edge with her appearance, skills, and keyblade (maybe?). Eventually, Riku starts gaining feelings toward this woman and Mickey tries to stop him. *Here's the twist* It turns out that the young woman is someone working for/or is one of the new Organization XIII members who is leading Riku on. Mickey turns out to be right in the end. Riku, torn apart by this, still tries to save her from staying into the organization's grasp and he might even convince here to join him, instead. I forgot to mention that at one point even the young woman would start to care for Riku as well, due to the fact that he overcame the darkness in such a brutal way, which might impress her and may make her feel a bit bad.

Change a bunch of details and you have Xion described pretty well...

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Sure I wouldn't mind seeing sora and kairi develop their romance in kh3. I also wouldn't mind seeing sora become a more mature character and kairi becoming active rather than a damsal in distress. though if riku were to get a love interest, I would rather it be saved for the next saga

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
It's been talked about a lot over the internet now, and probably even this website at one point, but what would you guys/gals like to see in the growing maturity of Sora, Riku, Kairi, and the gang? Maybe even a romantic relationship could be part of the initial story line of the game? Such as Sora and Kairi's relationship. Or (Here's an idea of my own), Riku's own relationship with someone... :confused:

*bordes the "nope" train*

Sorry for this long paragraph, but it was a clever idea of mine just to help you think about them growing up. It would also be a good plot twist that effects the story line. So, tell me what you guys would like to see as far as Maturity goes in KH III! :biggrin:

Riku's already in a love triangle with Sora and Mickey, he's got enough rabu rabu to juggle.

Sora:
Firstly what I'd like to see from him is what was mentioned earlier: have him be more like he was in KH1 and/or CoM. In those games his personality was pretty well balanced. After CoM his personality became grinding. He can still be naive and happy-go-lucky, I don't want that to change, just even him out about a bit so that he doesn't reach the levels of inanity he did in KH2.

As a result, I'd like to see him be more open to inner change. What I do like about what they've been doing with Sora's character is that the best and worst part about him is that he doesn't change much. It's his inability (or refusal) to change that's allowed him to keep a sense of childlike wonder that'll ultimately save people, but at the same time he has a hard time learning and adapting.

Kairi:
Kairiiiiii...I couldn't care less about. I'd just be happy if they have Sora not be the center of her universe and have Kairi focus on something else.

Riku:
There's not much to say about what they could do to further him in maturity because he's pretty much a fully realized character at this point. At this point the only thing they have left to play around with is his new found master status. I'd like to see them handle this without making Riku take a step backwards in order to make it work.

Aqua:
Oh, Aqua, Aqua, Aqua...your scenario vexes me so. What I'd like from her is to eventually realize that what much of ME taught her was wrong. She's been referred to as a "stubborn girl" from some of the other characters and it shows. Out of TAV, for better or for worse, Aqua was the one who took ME's teachings to heart the most and it's her persistent, straight and narrow, views that didn't help matters in BbS. She's the sort of person who means well but doesn't always go about things the right way, the kicker being that she's often not aware that she's wrong. She just needs a huge reality check.

Ven:
Ven is the equivalent of a puppy suffering from separation anxiety and is desperate not to be left home alone while his master is at work. In BbS they tried to make it his "coming of age" where he goes through life altering experiences and comes out more mature and worldly as a result but it ultimately felt half baked. What I'd like to see from Ven is take on a greater sense of self reliance. Something that never really sat well with in BbS was how he decided that he wanted to be a Keyblade Master...why? With Terra it's hinted at that he initially wanted to become a master because he wanted more power before straightening out his priorities while Aqua...well Aqua's a goody two-shoes. Ven just seems to want to be a master because all his friends/almost everyone who has made an impact on his are masters. After trying to establish that Ven need to spread his wings, forge his own destiny, and all that schmoozy stuff having Ven want to be master because he wants to be as close to Aqua and Terra as possible feels like a step backwards in a way.

Mind you, I don't have a problem with Ven's goal in itself, it's the reasoning. Despite all he went through in BbS, because of his amnesia and living at LoD and "Keyblade Culture" being all he knows his world (inner world) still comes across as small. He learned and experienced a lot but not enough that I feel that he can function fully as a independent person. What I'd like to see is either have his current goals evolve and be more geared towards self improvement or have a change in goals altogether.

Xion:
Who?

Most of the other characters I either need to mull over more, don't have expectations for per say, or I don't care enough about. p:

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
All I really want is Sora to be at least some resemblance to his kh1 attitude but matured to match his age and experiences.

I can't really say for other characters cause I dont really think they have a problem in the department or in most cases that they have enough development in those areas to judge.

The ones that do have development seem to have already matured fine, like Roxas.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Hair cuts count as development right? Because Sora needs to clean up a bit around the ears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back