Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...
I think I would give it a: 44.2/50
Replay Value: 7.0
+ Best battle system in the series
+ Great Storyline
+ Voice actors are amazing
+ Gameplay is smooth with data install
- Loading Times (of course)
- Environments feel too large
- Not much interaction needed
- Not getting the Final Mix in US/EU (this had nothing to do in the rating but I just hate this fact)
Probably an 8.9. Just under that 9, put a fire under Nomura's ass to make the one perfect game in the series that I know he has in him. Seriously if KHIII is anything less than a 9.5, someone dropped the ball. =/
Birth by sleep is another great game from square... Story wise it really good. it Answers some questions that you may
of had regarding the series. But it seems to raise Even more questions making you want more, which can be a bad thing if you are
inpatient =/. The game plays out the way you would expect a kingdom hearts game to play. you get your fast pace battles with RPG leveling
up mechanics. ( i remember when i herd that they were gonna use a command deck system similar it Chain of memories is was like WTF nomura
but then when i actually played the game it thought it worked really good and to compare it to COM would be down playing it. ) Graphically it is one of the
best looking psp games out there. ( others being MGS, GOW and FF7 IMO) the graphics are on par with the ps2. Some scenes look cleaner, some dont =/ but it still excellent. The replay value is up there because there is alot of hidden secrets that you can unlock plus 3 main stores to play through. and it has a few different difficulties you can play @. Music is you normal Disney and Kingdom hearts Stuff which is good.
I'll go with a 9 out of 10. Nothing will ever beat the first Kingdom Hearts which will always be a 10 in my heart, but this was a welcome addition to the Kingdom Hearts series. But as mentioned before, though it answers a lot of questions and origins, it still raises even more, somewhat complicating the story even further. I'm satisfied with this installment, though.
-Spectacular Battle System (the best I have ever used)
-Disney World Scenarios
-The Secret Ending (OMG, so great)
-This was certainly difficult (on Proud at least)
-Voice Acting (I disliked Terra's and Aqua's could've been much better; also Ansem the Wise didn't sound right)
-Awful re-creation of BBS battle fight (I really wish they would've kept the original CG scene in with the original music and added the voices in; it didn't re-create the same feeling as the KH2 Secret Ending, and felt anti-climactic)
-The worlds felt so empty (I hated the lack of people at the ballroom scene in Cinderella, plus no Gus or the rest of the Lost Boys)
-How short and small the worlds were (I'm still waiting to play through a scenario that is actually to similar to Hercules's plot and involves Thebes and saving Mount Olympus from the Titans)
- Adds to the overall story.
- Well written story.
- Beautifully portrayed. (The fact it was emotionally captivating in the end and the graphics.)
- The fact Disney Worlds became a bit more relevant.
- New battle system. (Better than Days. Days kinda sucked. D: )
- Secret Ending.
- Music. Yoko Shimomura is so talented and I love her work. <3
- Braig, Isa, Lea. x) 'Nuff said.
- Hell, throw in little Sora and little Riku. <3
- Empty worlds. Seriously. What? Ghosts in the audience in OC?
- Short scenarios. (It took 20 minutes at most per world, taking my time.)
- Easier than KH2. (For me it was. It was waaay too easy. On Proud. Should've done Critical.)
- There is little replay value. (This goes with the fact the Command Board I found pointless and dull, and actually replaying as each character? Hell no! Not worth it!! I won't be playing it again for quite some time. I'll play again at some point in the future.)
- I'm not sure if it was the Western portrayal of Aqua and Terra or just the VA's, but they seriously lacked for most of their scenarios. Emotionless, bland, etc. Aqua I think was mostly due to the VA. However she nailed a few parts quite well. Terra was just an angsty idiot I was bored with after about two worlds in. Ven was the only one I enjoined playing as throughout the entire scenario. (Personal speculation.)
While BBS was a great game, it's not my favorite, and I won't be playing it again for quite some time. My focus is geared toward Re:Coded for now.