• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would you want out of a KH3D:HD?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
However saying that preferring the theatre modes (and therefore preferring DDD to only be cutscenes) because it allows insight into the characters since the scenes are fully voiced cutscene is redundant since all of the cutscenes are fully voiced already.

Gram

Banned
Awards
However saying that preferring the theatre modes (and therefore preferring DDD to only be cutscenes) because it allows insight into the characters since the scenes are fully voiced cutscene is redundant since all of the cutscenes are fully voiced already.

OR he could just be referring to enjoying the insights said voiced theater modes give to the characters in general, not that they weren't fully voiced before.
Until he clarifies what he meant we're both just making assumptions.

digimikej

Awards
I was actually thinking about 2.5 when I said that, because I haven't seen the re:coded scenes yet. and honestly, I hadn't even realized DDD was fully voiced. im just so used to the text based cutscenes, I guess my brain just assumed there were some, even though there wasn't. with that realization, I think an HD remaster of DDD would be pointless, unless it is also a new version of it, such as a final mix. I mean, we HAVE a theater mode for DDD already, in the game.lol.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I was actually thinking about 2.5 when I said that, because I haven't seen the re:coded scenes yet. and honestly, I hadn't even realized DDD was fully voiced. im just so used to the text based cutscenes, I guess my brain just assumed there were some, even though there wasn't. with that realization, I think an HD remaster of DDD would be pointless, unless it is also a new version of it, such as a final mix. I mean, we HAVE a theater mode for DDD already, in the game.lol.
The difference between Days/Re:coded and DDD was that the first two needed to be completely remade to be released as games, whereas DDD only needs a HD upgrade and reconfigured controls which is much easier to do. Days/Re:coded needed the cutscenes made (which even then wasn't enough for Days), but they also needed to have new areas built, gameplay constructed etc. Dream Drop Distance is a much easier project to make as a fully playable game, and since it's only one game Osaka would need to focus on instead of three, they can have a smaller team HDifying it than 1.5/2.5 AND at the same time have more people dedicated to it (since they'd all be focusing on one game instead of everyone split over three games).

You are right in saying that DDD has a theatre mode with the game, and all the cutscenes add up to I think roughly 6-7 hours. Not to mention it's weird to suggest that they should take away an entire game that just needs to be upgraded to HD and just leave the cutscenes when it's much more profitable and makes sense from a business point of view to release it on the PS4, as an actual game, and as the lead up to Kingdom Hearts III.

axel95

Awards
If we do get a DDD:HD, I'd like it to be a Final Mix. If they are going to go through th trouble of remastering the game, they might as well add a few new scenes and secret bosses in my opinion. I could care less when it comes to retail disc or PSN. As for platform, if they waited a year or two to release this, they could do something similar to Type-0 and FFXV on the PS4. Anyway, if it comes to the PS4, I would be shocked if the Remixes didn't. Fingers crossed for a worldwide collectors edition of KH3 with both remixes, DDD:HD, and an art book. I'd pay $100 for that.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

For future reference, main installments haven't had speech bubble scenes since KH2 as they were absent in BBS and DDD, they've probably done away with them for good.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
For KH3D:HD, I just want a theater mode. At this point, all I care about is KHIII. In fact, I'd only get HD 1.5 ReMiX just to replay the beauty that is the original Kingdom Hearts as I honestly couldn't care less about replaying KHII or BbS (the latter of which I've recently finished and can easily rewatch the theater mode on my PSP).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Not to mention it's weird to suggest that they should take away an entire game that just needs to be upgraded to HD and just leave the cutscenes when it's much more profitable and makes sense from a business point of view to release it on the PS4, as an actual game, and as the lead up to Kingdom Hearts III.

The more I think about it the more I start to believe that this will be the "KH game" for 2015 as they can offer the DDD HD (possibly bundled with an X[chi]-Theatermode) as the "third and final step of preparation" for KH III, going with the symbolism of the number "3" (as in three trios SRK, RAX, TAV, three HD bundles as preparation for main game number "III") all out to milk it for all that is worth it.
Not to mention that when they forego X[Chi], the amount of games covered in the HD bundles would amount to seven.

bankai8299

Awards
I'd just like them to fill in more of what's done in the shadows, a bit more information on kairi's role in kingdom hearts 3, and i'd kinda like them to sorta add like 30 minutes of cutscenes to try to make the game a bit longer maybe a extra boss battle against a mysterious figure for 1 of the seekers of darkness etc.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'd want a Final Mix. I want new Dream Eaters, Sho Minamimoto as a secret boss, and more cutscenes. Especially the more cutscenes. Extend the Icky Jobs scene and also have a few cutscenes of Aeleus and Ienzo sometime afterwards so they get some more screentime and we see more of what's going on their side of things.
They only had a minute of screentime in the game and I want moooore of them!
Also more of Xemnas and Ansem. They had a good amount of screentime near the end but not so much earlier in the game. I mean Xemnas had a couple at least but it was just to walk in, confuse Sora, and walk out. And Ansem had one. So I want scenes of them have conversations with Young Xehanort during the course of the game. Or something.

Last edited:

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I would like a Final Mix version as well. Another secret boss fight and extra keyblades would be nice. But mostly it would just look amazing to see the Flowmotion in HD. :wink: The only problem would be the trophies (as I love getting the KH trophies) and I can only imagine the trophies they would include for Dream Eaters and Flick Rush.

Extend the Icky Jobs scene and also have a few cutscenes of Aeleus and Ienzo sometime afterwards so they get some more screentime and we see more of what's going on their side of things.
They only had minute of screentime in the game and want moooore of them!
Also more of Xemnas and Ansem. They had a good amount of screentime near the end but not so much earlier in the game. I mean Xemnas had a couple at least but it was just to walk in, confuse Sora, and walk out. And Ansem had one. So I want scene of them have conversations with Young Xehanort during the course of the game. Or something.

All of this. These are good ideas.

DoctahFaz

Awards
Continuing the trend of having a Kingdom Hearts game released each year, I think once 2.5 is completely out of the way by the end of 2014, I predict a late 2015 release of a 1.5 and 2.5 bundle for Playstation 4 that comes with a new HD cutscene theater mode for Dream Drop Distance. (Remaking the whole game from 3DS to a console might be seen as a hindrance on the KH3 production)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
(Remaking the whole game from 3DS to a console might be seen as a hindrance on the KH3 production)
The wouldn't need to remake the whole game, they just need to do exactly the same thing they did to Birth by Sleep. And since it's only one game they can have less people working on it (and therefore more people on KH3) but at the same time have more of a focus on HDifying the game (since they're not split over 3 projects like they have been for 1.5 and 2.5).

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
The wouldn't need to remake the whole game, they just need to do exactly the same thing they did to Birth by Sleep.
On top of that DDD uses only a slightly improved version of BBS' engine, so SE probably has all tools by now to make a full-fledged HD Remaster without problems.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
1. If you ask me, there's like a bossfight missing from every world in the game:
TT-TWEWY boss
Notre-Frollo
PP-Monstro, Coachman, maybe a thunder-themed clawster?
Grid-CLU
CoM-Full bodied Holey Moley
SoS-Chernabog (that didn't count), Yen Sid?

You could make a whole extra character scenario or 2 out of this many MIA bosses. so....

2. Reverse/Rebirth styled Kairi/Lea story mode
Set after DDD main story but before KH3, Kairi and/or goes into the RoS as part of their new training. The MIA bosses are fought by them in this mode. In my vision, TWTNW is replaced with RG on the night of its fall, as Kairi & Lea both recall what happened that night in their dreams. AX serves as the"rival nort" to Kairi in the way Ansem/Xenmas were to Sora/Riku. Haven't gotten Lea's final boss figured out quite yet.

3. Donkey dream eater
Someone please explain to me how there's a Pinocchio world & no jackasses? How do you screw up something that obvious?

4. Absent Silhouette Xion
Since Days isn't playable in the HD sets, might as well throw her in somewhere else. Perhaps have each of the 4 playable fight a different 1 of her forms?

5. Dream Sword & Soul Eater as bonus weapons for Sora & Riku

6. Drop meter doesn't deplete during bosses
I guess the drop meter can stay for regular gameplay but let's all agree that it had no place in bossfights.

Last edited:

DoctahFaz

Awards
The wouldn't need to remake the whole game, they just need to do exactly the same thing they did to Birth by Sleep. And since it's only one game they can have less people working on it (and therefore more people on KH3) but at the same time have more of a focus on HDifying the game (since they're not split over 3 projects like they have been for 1.5 and 2.5).

Honestly, I'd love to play the entire game. If you're right, I hope they do make it. I don't have a 3DS, so I only watched the game on YouTube.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Honestly, I'd rather just a 3D video collection in HD, with added videos of Kairi/Axel's training behind the scenes. If they do it, they need to get rid of the drop meter during boss fights. Also, they need more bosses and a mode where Kairi/Axel are playable.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
1. If you ask me, there's like a bossfight missing from every world in the game:
TT-TWEWY boss
Notre-Frollo
PP-Monstro, Coachman, maybe a thunder-themed clawster?
Grid-CLU
CoM-Full bodied Holey Moley
SoS-Chernabog (that didn't count), Yen Sid?

You could make a whole extra character scenario or 2 out of this many MIA bosses. so....

2. Reverse/Rebirth styled Kairi/Lea story mode
Set after DDD main story but before KH3, Kairi and/or goes into the RoS as part of their new training. The MIA bosses are fought by them in this mode. In my vision, TWTNW is replaced with RG on the night of its fall, as Kairi & Lea both recall what happened that night in their dreams. AX serves as the"rival nort" to Kairi in the way Ansem/Xenmas were to Sora/Riku. Haven't gotten Lea's final boss figured out quite yet.

3. Donkey dream eater
Someone please explain to me how there's a Pinocchio world & no jackasses? How do you screw up something that obvious?

4. Absent Silhouette Xion
Since Days isn't playable in the HD sets, might as well throw her in somewhere else. Perhaps have each of the 4 playable fight a different 1 of her forms?

5. Dream Sword & Soul Eater as bonus weapons for Sora & Riku

6. Drop meter doesn't deplete during bosses
I guess the drop meter can stay for regular gameplay but let's all agree that it had no place in bossfights.

^THIS! THIS right here pretty much sums up what I was thinking of, especially the MIA bosses department!

Pertaining to MATGSY's post, I think it might be possible to have Saix/Isa as a rival 'nort for Lea. I can see something working with that.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
^THIS! THIS right here pretty much sums up what I was thinking of, especially the MIA bosses department!

Pertaining to MATGSY's post, I think it might be possible to have Saix/Isa as a rival 'nort for Lea. I can see something working with that.

IDK, I think KH3 called dips on that fight.

Honestly I mostly just wanted a Kairi story mode, Lea's just there as an afterthought.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I'd rather have a Mickey story mode. He's the third character on the cover and there are still a lot of interesting side stories to be told about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back