• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would you want out of a KH3D:HD?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
IDK, I think KH3 called dips on that fight.

Honestly I mostly just wanted a Kairi story mode, Lea's just there as an afterthought.

Fair enough. The fight would probably have more of an emotional feel to it if it were in Kingdom Hearts III. At the very least, I can still see him antagonizing him in a similar vein to Xemans and Ansem but without the need to fight - it might make his reaction to Isa/Saix at the end with the other Xehanorts a little weird, but whatever.

Anyway, I completely agree that Kairi needs to have a playable mode. She is one of the more important characters due to the sheer number of titles foisted onto her, if nothing else. Birth by Sleep: Volume II will probably not be a thing, so I'd like to see that part where she was in Twilight Town with Hayner, Pence and Ollete be fleshed out at the very least.

Alecs27

I'd rather have a Mickey story mode. He's the third character on the cover and there are still a lot of interesting side stories to be told about him.
I think that they will save it for Birth by Sleep Volume II (yeah I believe in this project that will be released after KHIII as a DLC).

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I think that they will save it for Birth by Sleep Volume II (yeah I believe in this project that will be released after KHIII as a DLC).

If V2 gets made & Mickey isn't playable in it there would be no limit to my anger. Mickey in BBSv2, Kairi in DDDFM.

Alecs27

If V2 gets made & Mickey isn't playable in it there would be no limit to my anger. Mickey in BBSv2, Kairi in DDDFM.
I wanted a Mickey storyline even in the original BbS, but I think that it would be fine if the king and Aqua will be the protagonists of Volume II (maybe even Riku?).
For what concern a Kairi's storyline in a DDDFM, I wanted her playable in the first place (along with Sora and Riku) to reflecting BbS but with the original trio.. But at this point I think that they could make her playable by extending the secret ending, sort of BbS secret episode, and finish her story with a cliffhanger that will connect closely with KHIII.
At least that's what I want xD

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Oh, I just remembered a few I forgot:

7. Let us keep the abilities gained from Dream Eaters
You would think the game would encourage players switching out DE & trying them out but instead it's the opposite. The player is actively punished for removing a particular DE from the party by taking away associated abilities. This more or less forces the players to stick to particular DEs for certain key abilities & ignore the rest.

But even then there's no such thing as an ideal party. No combination possible will give you every ability, which seems very unKingdom Hearts to me. Afterall BBS lets players have utterly maxed out characters if they put the work in it. This is especially problematic with status effects protection. Quite frankly status in this game are as diverse as in 358, most are just minor variations of "make the player not move". As such, the player may be protected from 1 or 2 statuses, but there is always at least 1 that stops them dead in their tracks. Really infuriating.

8. Disney characters either as guest party members or on-field NPCs.
You ever noticed that after the story is done, the surviving world inhabitants are actually nowhere to be found? Most games would have them wandering around certain areas & would chit-chat with the player but in DDD they're nowhere to be seen. I guess this could be an aspect of the dream world setting but really it's just a jarring design oversight.

Additionally, DDD is a bit lacking in side-quests. To kill 2 birds here I think they should take a page from RE:Coded's book & have the NPCs give the player world specific side-quests to carry out.

The fundamental downside to DEs has always been that they replaced normal & guest party members. Quasimodo, Pheobus, Quorra, the Musketeers, Sorcerer Mickey, of course Neku were all prime candidates for in-gameplay allies & the fact that none of them were is a big waste.

I wanted a Mickey storyline even in the original BbS,
Well he is the only other character on the cover besides TAV. Hm, maybe a RE:BBS R/R with both Mickey & Vanitas story modes...

Gram

Banned
Awards
7. Let us keep the abilities gained from Dream Eaters
You would think the game would encourage players switching out DE & trying them out but instead it's the opposite. The player is actively punished for removing a particular DE from the party by taking away associated abilities. This more or less forces the players to stick to particular DEs for certain key abilities & ignore the rest.

But even then there's no such thing as an ideal party. No combination possible will give you every ability, which seems very unKingdom Hearts to me. Afterall BBS lets players have utterly maxed out characters if they put the work in it. This is especially problematic with status effects protection. Quite frankly status in this game are as diverse as in 358, most are just minor variations of "make the player not move". As such, the player may be protected from 1 or 2 statuses, but there is always at least 1 that stops them dead in their tracks. Really infuriating.
I could not agree more with this! It's one of the several reasons I disliked DE's. The only way to make this perfect idea better would be to have the abilities gained carry over to a new file like the DEs do.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
It'd have to be PS4. PS3 titles aren't doing too well anymore, especially in Japan.
Don't get me wrong, it's not as though I wouldn't love to buy and play it on the ps4, but I would be kind of upset. I do actually think that there is a possibility that BBS v2 may get made (probably as cutscenes, but who knows) and put on the disc with DDD. I'm fine with X(Chi) being how it is and not apart of the collections despite it being canon, I really am. But if DDD HD and BBSv2 were to come out on ps4 I would be upset for the principle of the matter. One of the purposes of these collections was to get all the titles onto one system so that they may all be played.

If they do a HD remaster for DDD I have a hard time believing that it wouldn't be for the ps4. Which, like I said, I'd still pre-oreder the s**t out of it if that were the case. I'd just be disappointed that their attempts to get all the titles onto one console would falter towards the end.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'd just be disappointed that their attempts to get all the titles onto one console would falter towards the end.

I'd say that this has more to do with them simply doing the HD collections either too late (doing them earlier would have put them all firmly on PS3 soil) or doing them too early (waiting a bit could have put all collections directly and firmly on PS4 with the additional benefit of them all being on the same medium as KH III itself).

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I'd say that this has more to do with them simply doing the HD collections either too late (doing them earlier would have put them all firmly on PS3 soil) or doing them too early (waiting a bit could have put all collections directly and firmly on PS4 with the additional benefit of them all being on the same medium as KH III itself).
Yeah I agree with that and understand what you're saying.

kreezy64

Awards
^Unless they end up porting 1.5 and 2.5 to PS4 within the next 2 years, then they would all be on one system. That is, if DDD was to be released on the PS4, which I think it should be, personally

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
^Unless they end up porting 1.5 and 2.5 to PS4 within the next 2 years, then they would all be on one system. That is, if DDD was to be released on the PS4, which I think it should be, personally

Which will happen. I don't think Nomura and Yasue's "we'll see" hinted towards anything, but it just makes sense to put all of the games together in one package on one generation of systems to bring the Xehanort Saga to a close. The Osaka team doesn't even have to do it themselves. There are companies like Hexadrive that can do the work, or SE could just go and do what should have been done and create a department or team solely dedicated to remastering games in order to not take away staff from other projects.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I don't think we'll see 1.5 & 2.5 on the PS4 (or XboxOne) anytime soon. There are several technical reasons why the games were only remastered for the PS3 (and not even the Vita) and doing another port in one or two years seems very unlikely. If a HD port of DDD sees the light of the day it will definitely be for the PS4, that's practically a given at this point.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I'd like for 3DHD to be available on disc. If it became a movie like Days and Re:coded, I wouldn't be too bothered. Though if that's the case, I want it available in the menu for KHIII​.

As for what I'd want out of the game itself?
- New cutscenes to elaborate on the game's events (such as how Ansem was able to give Young Xehanort the ability to time travel) and perhaps tie χ[chi] further into the main narrative
- New items or mechanics to make gaining Affinity and Link Points easier or just get rid of it entirely I don't mind
- Don't make me get Rank 20 in Flick Rush for a Trophy or you could also get rid of this entirely I seriously wouldn't mind
- More than two save slots pls

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I'd prefer the game to be on PS3 AND PS4 if and/or when it gets released. They've had mulch-generaltional games sold before (The Last of Us comes to mind), so it's possible (that doesn't necessarily mean probable) that they may sell this is a late PS3 title as well as a somewhat early PS4 title.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'd prefer the game to be on PS3 AND PS4 if and/or when it gets released. They've had mulch-generaltional games sold before (The Last of Us comes to mind), so it's possible (that doesn't necessarily mean probable) that they may sell this is a late PS3 title as well as a somewhat early PS4 title.

It certainly is possible, but yeah. PS3 hardware and software sales have taken a nose-dive this year due to the PS4's growing library, and support by any dev is dropping. Many developers are already abandoning last gen versions of games considering how well sales have been in the west for PS4/XB1.

I'd like for 3DHD to be available on disc. If it became a movie like Days and Re:coded, I wouldn't be too bothered. Though if that's the case, I want it available in the menu for KHIII​.

As for what I'd want out of the game itself?
- New cutscenes to elaborate on the game's events (such as how Ansem was able to give Young Xehanort the ability to time travel) and perhaps tie χ[chi] further into the main narrative
- New items or mechanics to make gaining Affinity and Link Points easier or just get rid of it entirely I don't mind
- Don't make me get Rank 20 in Flick Rush for a Trophy or you could also get rid of this entirely I seriously wouldn't mind

I don't mind Flick Rush because I actually really loved the minigame, but yes to all of that. Affinity is terrible and the fact that there is an in-game trophy to max EVERY SINGLE DE's AFFINITY! Such bs.

Also the two save slot thing was crap, too.

Hm... Maybe they would make it on the kingdom hearts III disc. I can live with that. And I'm OK with just cutscenes too. It's definitely not enough to just be it's own game if they made it for the ps4. And khIII is the only game it could go with.

I'm not certain I understand what you mean by it not being enough to be its own game. Nowadays you get 15 hour games for full price. KH3D is a 30 hour game in full 3D, and would likely be much cheaper than most retail titles if released on the PS4. Indie games are relatively small and look at how many there are for the PS4 alone. There is no quantification that can be made as to why KH3D wouldn't be enough of a game on its own, and one shouldn't be made.

SCE (specifically SCEA) doesn't have any restrictions for HD remasters on the PS4 like they did with the PS3 which required HD collections to contain more than one game.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I don't mind Flick Rush because I actually really loved the minigame
Flick Rush is alright, but getting to Rank 20, which you need to get all item completion, is a nightmare. It wouldn't be so bad if the game weren't just RNG, but it is and that's no fun when you need to get something out of it.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Honestly, this will likely be the best part of 3DHD. I'm a boss addict & like to have a separate save before every boss in a game if there's no built-in means to re-fight them. Sure, 3D does have such means for most of the bosses, but the full version of Chill Clawbster, TT boss rush, Tyranto carriage defense, 1st Beagle Boys battle, Riku's Beagle Boys' encounters, Chernabog, ABC, & Ansem are not and there simply isn't enough saves to cover all of them.

hlc1988

Awards
I'd want KH3D HD on the PS3... but if I have to buy a PS4 earlier then I wanted to (mainly getting one closer to KH3 release) then I will... but if they release it on PS3 and PS4 then I'd go for the PS3 version. I won't ever sell my PS3 console. I still have my PS2 console though haven't used it in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back