• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What you Want/Don't Want/Expect in the next game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Never too early to start this kind of thread!

Whether it be scenarios, characters, "twists", gameplay, what have you. You know the drill, fam. (Though worlds should probably go in the Worlds sticky.)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Assumimg next game is DDD.2 I want Dream Eaters to be the primary enemy group since they didnt get a chance in KH3. Riku might be fighting Gigas in Shinjuku though. As for what I dont want it's kind of hard to pinpoint at the moment. Stupid twists and reveals are probably a given.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Wondering if I should have the title changed to "future games" instead of "next game."

Assumimg next game is DDD.2 I want Dream Eaters to be the primary enemy group since they didnt get a chance in KH3. Riku might be fighting Gigas in Shinjuku though. As for what I dont want it's kind of hard to pinpoint at the moment. Stupid twists and reveals are probably a given.
They barely even had a chance in DDD in a way. We fought them a lot, but most of the time they were just...there. Not seeming to be causing any trouble. You'd think with an enemy group that causes nightmares, that they'd be, you know, causing the worlds in slumber to have nightmares. Even Spirits had no real purpose. The only time the story remembers what Dream Eaters do is during the World That Never Was. Giving Dream Eaters a second chance I'm all for.

I expect a lot of dialogue centered around the words “heart” and/or “darkness”, Kairi doing nothing, and lots of ice cream eating.
EvergreenImperfectAgouti-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
What I want.

1. More RAX of course! I want to see Roxas transform both his Keyblades in battle. Dual Keyblade transformations FTW! I really hope they go the Blue Mage/Kirby route with Xion. Set her apart from Sora and Roxas. And I want to see their Twilight Town lives! Where do they live? Has Axel pulled out his hair yet dealing with two children? I also want them as party members if we go to Twilight Town, and when not using Keyblades they use Struggle bats. Have Roxas dual wield Struggle bats.

2. For TAV to start training the next gen Keybladers. Great way to introduce new characters. Maybe a potential new villain can be introduced here as a good apprentice but go bad after the Foreteller Saga? Would be fun.

3. Better story pacing. People say they miss the "crossover" aspect of Kingdom Hearts. I do too, but not from the Disney/Final Fantasy side. I miss it from the Disney/main story side. I want Disney Worlds to all be relevant to the ongoing story from this point. Doubt this will happen.

4. Something unexpected for Kairi to do. With Sora gone, now is the time for Kairi to be heroic. That doesn't mean I want her to be a Aqua clone. In fact I want her to be relevant without a Keyblade.

5. Data Sora returns.

6. For the Foretellers to be just as good if not better then Org13. Org13 is one of my fave elements of KH, so these guys have big shoes to fill. Hopefully Sora's got some spares for em. But other then MoM I'm indifferent to them. Hope that changes.

What I don't want.

1. More bad story pacing

2. Characters to disappear forever. I'm fine with them taking backseats, but if KH3 is the very last game for half these characters then wow, what a lame way to go.

3. Disney Worlds to continued to be filler and limited. I hope I'm wrong here. I miss when important characters would show up in Disney Worlds. Remember how cool it was we got to see both Riku and Kairi in Neverland? Sure, Kairi was out of it, but at least we learned what state she was in IN A DISNEY WORLD!

What I expect?

I don't know. All we have is a teaser of Sora and Riku, so we know Sora's still alive somewhere. Way to spoil that. But we'll see I guess. I'm still a Kingdom Hearts fan and will remain one for as long as I can. I don't want to see things shrink with the series. I want to see things grow and expand.

Zach2

I want Kairi to have a larger role, and for her and Sora to finally be together

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
What I want: More Isa, Riku, Riku-Sora interaction, Larxene, Even, Namine, the FF characters, Frozen, hand-drawn Disney films, flowmotion, The Little Mermaid, more Disney worlds in general, serious!Maleficent. Maybe Dream Eaters and Radiant Garden again. Riku Replica's return. I only expect a few of those to actually happen.

What I don't want: more of Xehanort, more spin-offs, more new characters rather than Sora in the driver's seat, and the mere idea of a Kairi-centric game can DIAF.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
What I want: More Disney worlds (the minimum should be 10 KH3-sized Disney worlds), more focus on Sora/Riku/Kairi relationship, more focus on the original characters' roles (IE giving them a bigger role in the main story), a self-contained story that also builds to the next game (rather than solely existing to build to the next game), an original hub world being prevalent again (whether it's Twilight Town or Radiant Garden, I don't care, once it's large/explorable/has its own plot). Final Fantasy characters, the world map not listing the world locations/names in Proud/Critical mode (IE you need to fly around with the Gummi ship in open space to find the worlds and you don't know where you're going to end up), Disney villains as boss fights, Disney worlds playing a bigger role in the main plot, more Disney summons (and MAYBE a Final Fantasy one), more explanation about the nature of Kingdom Hearts and keyblades, more explanation on "darkness", explanation on Xion's return, and explanation on Demyx's disappearance.

What I don't want: Dream Eaters ever again, Marvel/Star Wars, more clones of Sora (or any other characters), giant heartless bosses in Disney worlds (unless they're the mid-world boss/before the Disney villain), Eraqus/Xehanort returning (unless it's backstory to clean up prior games), KHUX overload, and Kairi being wasted.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
As said by everyone on this thread these are the ones I would like to see in future games:

What I want:
  1. Returning KH3 mechanics:
    • KH3size Disney worlds and open-world Exploration
    • Cooking (This time with Tiana instead of Little Chef)
    • Keyblade Transformations
    • Gummi Ship world Exploration
    • Attraction flow
    • Shotlocks
    • Command Deck
  2. Going inside a building/structure just like in previous KH titles.
  3. Reaction Commands from KH2.
  4. More Disney worlds (in particular the classic traditional animated films)
  5. Have the Disney worlds more involved and relevant in the story plot of KH
  6. More Exploration on Twilight Town and Radiant Garden
  7. More character interactions and development from Kairi, Xion, etc...
  8. Future Disney worlds based on Wreck-it Ralph, Moana and especially Zootopia by having SDG feeling more involved and relevant to the plot of the movie's world (original plot or a retelling of the movie) compared to what happened to the Frozen and especially the Tangled world in KH3 (which I can get into detail on the "What I don't want" section)
  9. More varied mini-games
  10. More Disney Summons
  11. More Disney bosses
  12. Making Maleficent and Pete more relevant than a nuisance.
  13. Some new original characters, around 1-4.
  14. Sora interacting with the rest of the cast, especially Kairi

What I don't want to see:
  1. KH3 mechanics:
    • Less flow motion
    • Less glowing walls for wall-climbing/wall-running on structures and buildings.
    • Minimize the KH3 world size by allowing us to go inside houses & buildings like in the first game, KH2, BBS and DDD.
    • Making the buildings inaccessible to enter in and ONLY be viewable in cutscenes (The Old Mansion, Rapunzel's Tower, Elsa's Ice Castle, and the forthcoming Nice Land Building)
    • Have attraction flows appear less frequently during battle.
  2. Sora interacting less with Riku (not that their's nothing wrong with it, it just felt more like Sora spend to much time interacting with him in KH3 than the others (aside from Donald and Goofy).
  3. Maleficent and Pete switching plans in each game (seriously both of them mainly Maleficent tends to switch plans in almost every game: KH - Open KH to rule the worlds; KH2: Searching for a Castle; Coded & DDD: Getting Jiminy's Journal; KH3: Looking for the Black Box)
  4. Not making certain Disney Antagonists as bosses and making them a complete "joke" and having these particular villains suffer the same fate as CLU and Randall either due Nomura and his crew being lazy (CLU) or being restricted by Disney or Pixar (Randall)
  5. In regards to worlds based on Wreck-it Ralph, Moana and especially Zootopia I want SDG feeling more involved and relevant to the plot of the movie's world (original or a retelling of the movie) and not having them go to what happened to the Frozen and especially the Tangled worlds in KH3 where they act as strangers and have little interactions between them (for Frozen) or having the story feel "forced and linear" by making SDG involved for a time being then not be involved until the very end of the world (in Tangled's case), making changes by changing characters personalities and replacing certain characters from those films with one of the Foretellers or Luxu (e.g. Marluxia replacing the Stabbington Brothers, Making Flynn/ a lone thief without Empathy, Gothel a pawn to the Organization) and leaving so many plotholes out from the original film, that will confuse players who haven't seen these movies.
  6. Nomura putting in new plot point early on that tease for the next saga, just like what happened when he forcefully put in X/Union x stuff after the release of DDD
  7. Time travel
  8. Having to wait 5-7 years for a new KH game.
  9. Marvel and Star Wars worlds in KH (Seriously I don't get the want and need to have them in the game. Let Nomura stick to just Disney (animated and Live-Action) and Pixar).
  10. No Olympus/Olympus Coliseum (After KH3's story of the world, I think we're done with that world and aside from the Coliseum matches there isn't anything that they can do with it story wise, not to mention Hades coming up with a plan to destroy Hercules or taking over Olympus would feel tedious already)
  11. Having ONLY one female Disney character join Sora's party. Honestly we need more female Disney characters joining Sora’s party like Moana, Judy Hopps, Sgt. Calhoun, Elastigirl, Violet, Anna and Elsa instead of just getting ONLY one in a specific world Sora goes to. Because I’ve been noticing in the numbered KH titles we get a different female Disney character in Sora’s party: KH - Ariel; KH2 - Mulan; KH3 - Rapunzel (until her hair is cut).
  12. Inserting more original characters. I like if they Limit the amount of original characters, so they can just focus on the existing characters we got and having their stories be concluded for the forthcoming saga, let it be quality over quantity.
  13. Having the amount of Disney worlds be just only 7-8 each game. We want 10 -11 Disney worlds.

Last edited:

NoWay

Awards
I actually wouldn’t mind having 7-8 Disney worlds in a possible KH4 IF we had 3-4 proper/large/expanded/explorable Original worlds.
11-12 worlds in total are fine for me. I mean, I needed like 40hrs for the main story in the Disney worlds + exploring them. I actually still haven’t fully explored San Fransokyo because I wanted to play the Aqua segment.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Want: Full-length playable Kairi scenario
Don't Want: Kairi to only get 2 minutes of screentime
Expect: Kairi to get 1 minute of screentime

Want: Disney characters to play bigger parts (Mickey scenario, Disney villain final boss, characters can leave their worlds)
Don't want: All worlds going forward to be written like Arendelle
Expect: All Disney characters get replaced by weird little aliens cosplaying as them because that's the most Disney will allow.

Want: Star Wars and Avengers worlds
Don't want: KH fans continuing to have a no-fun-allowed attitude to SW/Marvel properties.
Expect: KHI to still cry about it years after it happens

Want: Most of the OCs retired so the next saga is a fresh start
Don't want: The series to act like KH3 was just another stepping stone of ever piling convoluted lore
Expect: Xaldin is Gula's grandmother & Luxu's spirit dream eater

redcrown

Awards
I'm ready for KH to drop TAV, RAX, and Kairi altogether. Bring back the Shibuya crew with it's villains, sleeping realm shenanigans with Sora and Riku, and have Joshua and Namine (especially neglected Namine) come back and be omniscient together.

Also someone mentioned character customization, since KH3 completely dropped the ball on using it for Sora, let the next game make up for it.

If Disney worlds are coming back please let them be old school and off beat properties like they were in DDD. And for the love of all that is beautiful and sacred, bring back Fantasia.

allenleonardo

Awards
Well I do want to have even more of the greatest trio that is Sora, Donald and Goofy and I also want more Riku and Sora scenes because I like their friendship.

I would also not say no against Dreameaters. A scene with Sora and his heartgang would be nice too maybe have Roxas and the other truly be thankful to him or just hang out for a day.

I do not want a Sora that loses part of his character and becomes more serious because I believe that we have more than enough characters like that in this game and in gaming in general.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
We went like thirteen years without a proper Sora, Donald and Goofy adventure. I fear that we're going back to that effective immediately. Kingdom Hearts lost it's way when they started making us play as 'cool' 'mature' and otherwise brooding characters like Aqua, Terra, Roxas, and even Riku. Give me a break. Stay in your fucking lane, Square. We're traveling to worlds based on children's movies.

Even Sora and Ven, both being more traditional upbeat shonen protagonists, can't seem to carry the load of traveling to Disney worlds all on their own and having non static interactions with characters. Donald and Goofy are the key to the formula's success, but with Sora in another dimension and Riku following him, I'm afraid we're in for another humorless elaboration on just how great Sora and Riku's friendship is. They're friends! They have a strong bond! They just happen to have no banter, no chemistry, and don't enjoy doing anything fun with each other.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
We went like thirteen years without a proper Sora, Donald and Goofy adventure. I fear that we're going back to that effective immediately. Kingdom Hearts lost it's way when they started making us play as 'cool' 'mature' and otherwise brooding characters like Aqua, Terra, Roxas, and even Riku. Give me a break. Stay in your fucking lane, Square. We're traveling to worlds based on children's movies.

Even Sora and Ven, both being more traditional upbeat shonen protagonists, can't seem to carry the load of traveling to Disney worlds all on their own and having non static interactions with characters. Donald and Goofy are the key to the formula's success, but with Sora in another dimension and Riku following him, I'm afraid we're in for another humorless elaboration on just how great Sora and Riku's friendship is. They're friends! They have a strong bond! They just happen to have no banter, no chemistry, and don't enjoy doing anything fun with each other.
Bit of a shame Sora refused Donald and Goofy's offer to aid him in finding Kairi. He could have used the company in Shibuya, lol.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Don't want: All worlds going forward to be written like Arendelle

Want: Star Wars and Avengers worlds
Don't want: KH fans continuing to have a no-fun-allowed attitude to SW/Marvel properties.
Expect:
Don't forget Kingdom of Corona as well in fact I also don't want future Disney worlds that suffer the same problem on not just Arendelle but especially Kingdom of Corona.

Also please no Marvel and Star Wars worlds imao.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Want:
-Better integration of the main plot in Disney worlds. The story can't keep coming to a screeching halt every time it's Disney time. KH3 "tried" to do better, but most of the time it was just reintroducing characters, not really moving the story forward.
-More interactions between the original cast
-The protagonists not name Sora to have more personality. Riku is almost there, as he's always had his moments, like casually trying to murder Sora with a log, grabbing Mickey's face to see he's real, getting the wrong idea from Shiki's "Mr. Knight" comment, getting the wrong idea from Mickey's "Aqua's just like Sora" comment. But it needs work.
-Puzzle bosses. Have me do other things besides hitting them a lot. Be more creative!
-Maleficent to be cool again
-Greater focus and playability of original worlds
-The Restoration Committee! ;A;

Don't want:
-For the Foretellers to be dull as dishwater
-Gameplay more focused on flash over substance
-More non-commitments in the story
-Demyx being the Master of Masters

Expect:
-For the Foretellers to be dull as dishwater
-Gameplay more focused on flash over substance
-More non-commitments in the story
-Demyx being the Master of Masters

I just figured out what I want for all of the games in the next saga. Character customization.

Each Hub world should have a clothing store that gives you more options the further you progress
Shibuya is all about fashion, so I better be able to put Sora in a frilly dress.

Back