• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's Made You Invoke Fanon Discontinuity?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Smithee

Awards
What do you dislike so much, you're unwilling to even acknowledge it as canon?

For me - the Star Wars Sequels, the Zamasu Saga in Dragon Ball Super, and Season 9 of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.

Veevee

Awards
Digimon Tri as a whole. It was so badly written at some point and ignored the Original Adventure and 02 in so many aspects that I tend to deny it whenever I can.

I'm trying my best to ignore the complete Ux timeline because the game just makes me super angry due to a lot of aspects. The ending of KH3 falls in the same category.

The ending of Rogue Galaxy made me hate the game because it feels like it basically contradicts the whole game and even things that had been said - and I'm not joking - just 5 minutes earlier, so I usually feel sour when I think of this game that started out quite good.

the Zamasu Saga in Dragon Ball Super

I'd like to hear your story on that one. Personally, I dislike Jiren and Ultra Instinct and I can definitely see a lot of glaring flaws with the Zamasu Arc, but it would be interesting to hear which ones you chose. xD

Oh, for Dragonball Super I just happen to hate the Resurrection F movie (and its adaption in the series) and the conclusion of the Boo Saga. I usually rewrite them in my head.

Reactions: Zul

Zul

Awards
Digimon Tri as a whole. It was so badly written at some point and ignored the Original Adventure and 02 in so many aspects that I tend to deny it whenever I can.

This, worthless sack of junk that went from semi-mediocre to outright cringe(fake Gennai and Sora) towards the end.

Within my experiences, FFX-2.5 has got to be the worst thing SE has ever written. The absolute worst of KH doesn't even compare to how bad FFX-2.5 is. It's usually never talked about in FFX/X-2 discussions and mostly regarded as a bad joke by fans.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
The Buu Saga in Dragon Ball Z. I always thought the end of the Cell Saga was great and what they did to Gohan as a character afterwards was terrible.

Anything J.K. Rowling has done in the Harry Potter mythos after Deathly Hallows. Cursed Child especially.

The Lion Guard.

Anything Yu-Gi-Oh after GX

The Last Jedi specifically. I had no problem with The Force Awakens, but the Last Jedi, whether you like it or hate it, is living proof of Disney not planning this trilogy at all and just making three random Star Wars movies.

Smithee

Awards
I'd like to hear your story on that one. {...} I can definitely see a lot of glaring flaws with the Zamasu Arc, but it would be interesting to hear which ones you chose. xD
1. The burnout/overkill after everything Trunks already went through in the Androids/Cell Saga.
2. Zamasu coming across as more contrived/nonsensical than any other villain in DB history - as well as just plain annoying.
3. The ending, which makes the whole Saga feel pointless.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Game of Thrones comes to mind. I ignore everything after the third episode of the last season.

If I ever re-watch The Walking Dead, I'll stop after they drive into Alexandria.

Veevee

Awards
1. The burnout/overkill after everything Trunks already went through in the Androids/Cell Saga.
2. Zamasu coming across as more contrived/nonsensical than any other villain in DB history - as well as just plain annoying.
3. The ending, which makes the whole Saga feel pointless.

1. I can relate. He starts the Androids Saga with the feeling that he won't be able to do this on his own and the will to rely on Goku + friends. Throughout the hardships of his arc, he learns to stand for himself and ultimately manages not only to defeat the androids by his own hands, but also to get rid of Boo before he even gets into life. The Zamasu arc completely undoes his journey by making him rely on other people again, going as far as showing him happy that both Goku and Vegeta became so strong that he basically doesn't have to do anything on his own - up to Vegeta's wakeup call by training, he doesn't see any need to improve himself for his future. I also found that quite frustrating, even though quite realistic. As a person who also goes through permanent struggles with her self-esteem, I can say that this fallback into old behaviour is quite realistic - but Dragonball has never been realistic, shonen anime are rarely realistic in general - when a character has had an arc, the growth sticks. There might be flashbacks, but no fallbacks, so I can totally get where you are coming from.

2. Okay, I didn't find him more nonsensical than for example Frieza who just wanted to reign, King Piccolo who just wanted to reign, Cell who wanted to be the best or Buu who ... didn't want anything in particular and just happened to bring destruction. I liked that they actually gave him a reason to think that way, one, that makes a lot of sense from a god's point of view. I found it quite funny that he fused with a mortal to achieve his ways, but felt that was quite fitting - bringing death to the mortals by using one of their own kind. But I can see what you find annoying about him, I kinda liked that about him. He was so weird.

3. Cannot disagree. Yes, it does.

Topic:
The ending of Digimon Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's memory comes to mind. I felt it was an insult overall and ends on a note of "it would've been better if a particular person never had been born" which kinda resulted in another one not being gay (however that works) which disgusted me as a message. Ugh.

Smithee

Awards
@Veevee
One more, specific thing about #2:
Infinite Zamasu (his "screensaver" in the spacetime continuum) strikes me as more out-of-nowhere than anything else in the franchise.
Say what you will about Super Perfect Cell or Kid Buu; at least they got proper explanations afterward and could actually be fought.

Veevee

Awards
@Veevee
One more, specific thing about #2:
Infinite Zamasu (his "screensaver" in the spacetime continuum) strikes me as more out-of-nowhere than anything else in the franchise.
Say what you will about Super Perfect Cell or Kid Buu; at least they got proper explanations afterward and could actually be fought.

Oh, yeah .. I had forgotten that Infinite Zamasu thing that could only be cleared by eradicating the whole universe through Zeno. Now I faintly remember how weirded out I was when Trunks returned into a time where he would live with a clone of himself.
Yeah, they could be fought .. but I always slightly disliked that they could just regrow their everything (Cell to the point where his head had to survive and Buu had basically no restrictions) because that "we have to destroy them entirely" thing was super vague. Toriyama could precisely dictate which attack would be enough to finish every last bit of these enemies (Vegeta failed, Goku's Genkidama was enough, but the Buu Saga was a pretty mess anyway) - I prefer enemies that die when you inflict enough damage or severe damage (like rushing through their heart during an attack). I honestly dislike most enemies in Super (Hit for being dull and Jiren for being ... even duller with one of the worst backstories I've ever seen and being completely op). Enemies are not exactly Dragonball's strong suit, I guess.

Veevee

Awards
After recently watching Avatar - The Last Airbender for the first time in my life (late to the party, I know, but great show), I was shocked to see that Katara ends up with Aang. From my untainted impression, I could've sworn she ends up with Zuko and tbh, I hate the coupling with Aang because it just feels so wrong.

Back