• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Whats the big deal with Spoilers anyway?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Have you spoiled yourself?

• Yes

Votes: 52 68.4%
  • No, but I might

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • No Im not going to either

Votes: 19 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Personal opinion. I'm feeling a little bit empty and disappointed because I speculated TOO much on what'd happen. So, I spoiled myself by theorising, I guess.

There are still thousands of people who visit the site who don't want to be spoiled, so that's why spoilers are kept from titles. If nobody cared about being spoiled, then we wouldn't have the "no spoilers in title" rule. We're not tempting people, we're just making sure people aren't spoiled if they don't want to be. There is no other way around it.

Yeah, still thought it was anti-climatic.

Oh... I wasnt really saying that this site was tempting people. Im talking about pretty much every other site. Gamefaqs especially. I just mean that you see so many things that you want to read so badly but you dont.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Oh... I wasnt really saying that this site was tempting people. Im talking about pretty much every other site. Gamefaqs especially. I just mean that you see so many things that you want to read so badly but you dont.

Oh, I know that, and I didn't imply you were saying that. XD I just meant that the "no spoilers in title" rule generally can act as a temptation and many people view it as such.

Chris211

I don't really see how it matters if you spoil the game. If you don't know anything about the game at all then how do you know you want to play it? I find out everything I can without finding out what's being said and it gets me more interested in it than not knowing if it's going to be boring or exciting.
Most of us following that have been following BbS know about the game decently enough to want to play it, we've seen magazine scans and videos of gameplay from the BbS site, thats more than enough to make us want to play.

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
I've decided that I'm not gonna spoil this game for myself. It's really just a matter of opinion.
I play games in the hope that they will be generally enjoyable to go through, and that there will be some sort of plot I can get into. So, by spoiling myself, I lose about half the fun of a game.

Plus after reading a few spoiler free reviews, I'm pretty excited about this game, but I still keep realistic hopes =D

zero123

I don't really see how it matters if you spoil the game. If you don't know anything about the game at all then how do you know you want to play it? I find out everything I can without finding out what's being said and it gets me more interested in it than not knowing if it's going to be boring or exciting.
We would know enough by basing it off of gameplay videos, and the past games of the series.

And OP, of course spoiling the game matters. If you're halfway through a book, someone comes up to you and summarizes the ending for you, what's the point in reading it? You already know what happens after all.

Blobbit

Awards
I, for one, am not going to spoil myself. Imo, it's like you're expecting what happens and I compare it to finding out the ending of a book or movie.

In Harry Potter, you won't really get the OMG DUMBLEDORE DIES effect as you're reading, since you already know it.

Roronoa Zoro

Always on the lookout for aliens
Don't really see why you should care but I might b
I spoiled KH1, CoM, KH2 and the ending of Days for myself before I had even completed the first one. I still enjoyed the games very much (except maybe Days, but not because I spoiled it), but not to the extent I possibly could have. I've accidently seen a few spoilers for bbs but I'm sure there are plenty of other surprises in this game, so I'm not too upset.

And if you're really worried about running into them, just play another series you're into.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I'm really REALLY trying not to spoil myself. It's not like I'm looking for them, they just come at me. Over on Youtube, I think I accidently spoiled myself by reading a comment about Ventus, Sora, and Roxas. But it might just be a dumb theory, I wasn't sure.

But what really tempts me is when I see those blurbs in the Spoiler boards that say stuff like, "wtf...Nomura is an IDIOT"
Man I can't wait for this game! :D

Sora^Fan

I think that it is worth it ^.^ The surprise factor is what makes a game interesting and if you spoil yourself, no matter if you buy it regardless, the gaming experience will not be the same.
I spoiled myself with Days, watched the whole ending and it just wasn't the same =\ so I don't plan to do that with BBS ^.^

Z

Zulkir

Also, if you spoil the game, you're more likely to not like it. The "oh, Lord!" moments you have are pretty amazing. Nocturne and I were pretty much squealing to each other when we were watching the end of the live play-through of Terra's scenario, but the hype has gone for me, unfortunately. I wouldn't recommend spoiling yourself if you're looking forward to the game because really, you're just depriving yourself of an experience.

I have to agree now, but I don't know what I would do if I could go back, I was really, really wanting those questions answered.

This will probably be the last time I spoil myself in anything, movie/gamewise.

I recommend to you all, do not spoil yourselves.

And PLEASE do not enter the spoilers sections, enter threads IN the spoilers sections that you THINK won't have a spoiler that you don't want, and then complain when it's spoiled.

633502042425783160-what-has-been-seen.jpg

A

Azrael

What's there to spoil about?

Kingdom Hearts isn't that kind of series to surprise us really. We all have an idea who Xehanort is.

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
And PLEASE do not enter the spoilers sections, enter threads IN the spoilers sections that you THINK won't have a spoiler that you don't want, and then complain when it's spoiled.

This I agree with. It's like... who do you think you're kidding? You spoiled it for yourself, just accept it.

I really hope all the hype is worth it =)

ventus12

i spoiled a few cutscenes and acidentally saw the secret ending but since most of it was in japanese it didnt matter too much. i do regret that endning though i was able to find out that sora has a big role to play(even though that should be obvious) but bigger than i thought but i have no clue what the rest is about. but waiting make is fun. like when i waited for mw2 and got 2 day earlier ^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back