• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's the big problem with KH2 plot wise

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
Plus when you seem to have a discussion with anyone this game seems to be the only one they've played, asking them about Kingdom Hearts 1 they're always like "Man I couldn't even get past those Destiny Islands."
This. THIS. I feel so frustrated that nobody I know outside the computer has ever gotten past KH1's Deep Jungle, and thus are unable to feel the epicness of the game nor would they be able to see how dark Kingdom Hearts can get in terms of atmosphere. But it's not like they would ever care about the story, and they ended up liking KH2 anyway, so it's not too bad. Still, grrrr.

Like Keyblade-War said, KH1 had a spark that made it unique, and that spark still exists even after countless replays. In comparison, playing through KH2 and BBS the first time already seems like a tired affair. New environments, new story yes, but no feeling.

Last edited:

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I dare say I manage to play through KH2 better than BBS story wise, if I must play the devil's advocate. At least there, revisiting the worlds served a semblance of importance and actually linked back to the larger plot in some places during the second visit (Port Royal, for instance).
BBS had worlds that were as redundant as KH2's Pride Lands or even more, like Aqua's Dwarf Woodlands. And at least in KH2, it was the same characters going through all the worlds, thus making the worlds themselves as well as whatever impact it had on the characters feel a lot better.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Plus when you seem to have a discussion with anyone this game seems to be the only one they've played, asking them about Kingdom Hearts 1 they're always like "Man I couldn't even get past those Destiny Islands."
Really. Just really.

lol the reason I got into KH was because my cousin didn't even play it and just gave it to me at his graduation party when I saw it in his PS2 collection. And do you know the funny part? There was only one save point at Destiny Islands.

The Organization didn't even feel like villains...they were just douches

This lol. Especially Xaldin. Saix becomes more of a douche in Days.

Yeah the only problem I have with it is its just a Disney filler. Only some of the worlds actually become part of the story in the second playthrough.

Last edited:

FantasyKing

I think KH2 was perfect, too bad some characters were there just as fillers and fan service instead of having a bigger role like *cough* Tifa *cough* for example. I'm fine about the worlds and the rest. Sora was cool as always, perhaps more mature but still naïve, the enemies were attractive, the plot was interesting and the ending really touched my heart as it was supposed to be. About the dialogue, yeah some lines were confusing I admit that, but isn’t Kingdom Hearts a giant maze of riddles where confusion is the primary thing? It’s up to you to find out the meanings behind things hardly explained so you can think about it and giving some value to it.

Dionysus

Plot-wise I didn't see anything wrong with KHII at all. Then again, I'm really biased since KH is my favorite game. I even liked Atlantica in the second game. /shot

I think KH2 was perfect, too bad some characters were there just as fillers and fan service instead of having a bigger role like *cough* Tifa *cough* for example.

I also wish they had incorporated more of Tifa into the plot than just have her wandering around, doing practically nothing. Heck, they gave Tron a bigger part than Tifa! =/

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I also wish they had incorporated more of Tifa into the plot than just have her wandering around, doing practically nothing. Heck, they gave Tron a bigger part than Tifa! =/

Because Tron was
1) the main character of his Disney movie and thus of his Disney world whereas despite being part of Cloud's plot, Tiffa was still an FF cameo in another FF cameo's story.
2) Tiffa was for lulz in Cloud's story whereas Tron and his world actually related to the bigger plot.
It's only understandable Tiffa'd be minor.

The Organization was big. I mean did it really need 13? I mean fuck there was so much potential and they pretty much wasted it (save for Xigbar/Braig) and Xemnas. Everyone else was just a back-stabbing douche save for Roxas and Xion.

FantasyKing

The Organization was big. I mean did it really need 13? I mean fuck there was so much potential and they pretty much wasted it (save for Xigbar/Braig) and Xemnas. Everyone else was just a back-stabbing douche save for Roxas and Xion.

Marluxia also had his purpose, the same for Larxene, Axel, Saix, Vexen and Zexion now the other 4 were completely useless.

FantasyKing

I'm not so sure Larxene had a purpose beyond being a bitch.

Exactly that was what I had in mind when I said she had a purpose haha XD, she was the only female villain within the Organization and she did just fine as antagonist, she was better as villain in comparison with other Organization members XD

Maxyli138

I personally thought it had a good story besides the unrelated Disney worlds (atlantica was just plain pointless), but it felt rushed and didn't rlly focus on explainin things, sora just kinda jumped into it without a lot of explainin and it confused me wen I first played the game

Also sora just pissed me off in this game. seriously the main hero of the series shouldn't b so stupid

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Quite a few heroes are stupid. What I found to be annoying with KH2 Sora is that he went from being innocently clueless (beach-kid with a happy childhood, gotta lower my expectations) to being a complete idiot x.x;;;

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Yeah Sora was clueless before because he really didn't know anything in KH1..but in KH2 he seemed really really slow. I think the most mature Sora thus far was CoM even though he was a total ass.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I think the most mature Sora thus far was CoM even though he was a total ass.

Can't say it was uncalled for. He displayed bursts of it in KH2 as well and even in KH1 there was basis for it. Him losing his patience with Riku in Neverland for once, and then in Hollow Bastion. Throw in then the stress of everything that's happened and the urgency of thinking he needed to save Namine that badly and you get quite a logical turn of events with the kid, especially since KH1 showed he does NOT handle bad things all that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back