• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's the possibility of a leak?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
I find it so hard to believe that many story elements have remained a mystery until this point. We have the unresolved mysteries (e.g. MoM and his black box, legacy of Demyx/Luxord/Ilrena), and new storylines (DR/ Melody of Memory (MeoM?) .

How does the team manage to keep it a secret for this long? What causes leaks and how likely is this to happen for KH? How can a staff member break a NDA without getting in trouble?

Also, if there was a leak, what things would you keep yourself from seeing, and what others would you not mind spoiling for yourself?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Recent leaks have come from sloppy use of systems to transfer assets and images, systems that aren't protected and public.

I'm not a fan of leaks in general, especially since the blame goes onto the fans when we aren't the cause of the leaks (outside of the instance of theft.)

NDAs are also very serious business. I have had to sign them both in relation to working with Square Enix and for my own career in television and the idea of letting something slip would have me face catastrophic consequences, so it's just not worth it to leak story details imo.

Also leaks mean people want to talk about that stuff, and without spoiler tags so I'm often spoiled by assholes through moderation.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I find it so hard to believe that many story elements have remained a mystery until this point. We have the unresolved mysteries (e.g. MoM and his black box, legacy of Demyx/Luxord/Ilrena), and new storylines (DR/ Melody of Memory (MeoM?) .

How does the team manage to keep it a secret for this long? What causes leaks and how likely is this to happen for KH? How can a staff member break a NDA without getting in trouble?

Also, if there was a leak, what things would you keep yourself from seeing, and what others would you not mind spoiling for yourself?

Well for one thing people like having jobs. These businesses take their NDAs very seriously. It's not just some tap on the wrist. They do investigations to find out who is to blame when there are major leaks. People get fined, terminated, or in the worst case they have to face litigation.

Of course it also just depends on who is leaking and what is being leaked. It varies case by case. VAs and big publications don't really get much heat for their actions, but internal staff probably face more heat.

Leaks happen usually because somebody untrustworthy got their hands on information that wasn't meant to be divulged, or by security flaws (i.e. insecure file host, messy web design, somebody stealing games from a warehouse).

(Then there is like...Disney insiders who are just their own breed)

I don't like seeing any leaks. I hate them. I always get spoiled, though, so I've resigned myself to it happening. I'm still sour about KH3's leaks.

Last edited:
Awards
KH leaks are pretty much nonexistent aside from three KH3 occasions that involved either poor asset transfer/something like that or some guy who basically took us for a month long rollercoaster because of some other guy who stole from the place he worked at.

Other than that, KH leaks just kinda...don't exist or are made up.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I try my best to avoid story leaks. Which can be difficult especially when they leak onto YouTube. I kept seeing thumbnails and titles of KH3 content a few weeks before the game came out

Cumguardian69

Awards
Leaks don't really happen with KH because the story is sloppily written and, even if it WERE to leak, the scenario in which they play out is so unrealistic that most people write the leaks off as fake (see the 4chan leak of KH3 ending for example from "oinker-sama")

Chie

Awards
I doubt anyone but Nomura and his co-writers know about stuff that hasn't been put in a game yet anyway, so not sure what you'd expect to get leaked regarding those mysterious mysteries.

Awards
I try my best to avoid story leaks. Which can be difficult especially when they leak onto YouTube. I kept seeing thumbnails and titles of KH3 content a few weeks before the game came out
I hate when that happens. I'm still saving up for FFVII (I'm poor) and I hate whenever I see thumbnails on YouTube. I am avoiding them right now but I have to say they almost ruined KHIII for me when it came out.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There are extensions you can add on to your browser to block key words, which will block media like YouTube videos. Very handy when things leak.

Awards
Leaks don't really happen with KH because the story is sloppily written and, even if it WERE to leak, the scenario in which they play out is so unrealistic that most people write the leaks off as fake (see the 4chan leak of KH3 ending for example from "oinker-sama")
Nomura has co-writers?

There are extensions you can add on to your browser to block key words, which will block media like YouTube videos. Very handy when things leak.

I've been using those but it seems they're not effective for channels you already subscribe to.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I've been using those but it seems they're not effective for channels you already subscribe to.
Why not unsubscribe?

Also, would Spoiler Protection 2.0 work for you? It's extreme but could get the job done. This is what happens when enabled:

Back