• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's the story? Can you help me?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord_Sora

I don't plan to play this game, like ever. I've tried to get an overview from different sites, but they don't say much in the way in the overview of the story.

I just jumped to KH2, so there are a lot of holes.

Like, why did Sora go into Castle Oblivion in the first place?
There are several mentions of Mickey and Riku fighting their way up from the basement. How did they get there, from the Dark dimension, or wherever it was?
Why does Sora keep going up, don't you stop and realize that's something isn't working and very wrong?
And why were his memories being erased? What was happening that caused them to put them back?
Thanks so much! There's rumor (maybe fact) that CoM is being rebuffed and put out for the PS2, so I guess I might play then...
Thanks again!

Nyaruma

I don't plan to play this game, like ever. I've tried to get an overview from different sites, but they don't say much in the way in the overview of the story.

Like, why did Sora go into Castle Oblivion in the first place?[Sora went to Castle Oblivion because the hooded man, Marluxia, invited him in. Donald and Goofy also made a couple mentions to King Mickey maybe being there.
There are several mentions of Mickey and Riku fighting their way up from the basement. How did they get there, from the Dark dimension, or wherever it was?
Why does Sora keep going up, don't you stop and realize that's something isn't working and very wrong?Namine changed his memories to make him believe that Sora knew her from Destiny Islands
And why were his memories being erased? What was happening that caused them to put them back?Namine erased them as Marluxia told her too.
Thanks so much! There's rumor (maybe fact) that CoM is being rebuffed and put out for the PS2, so I guess I might play then...
Thanks again!

My comments are in Bold, hope that they help with your questions. :)

Lord_Sora

That helps a little...
Kinda strange choices...
But why did the Organization want his memories erased?
And what happened to make them decide to put them back?

antiformkeyblade

never betray. never.
it wasnt their decision. namine asked sora if he wanted his old memories, or keep the ones she implanted and the memories of Castle Oblivion. but he chose to get his old memories back.

Kirsdarke

That helps a little...
Kinda strange choices...
But why did the Organization want his memories erased?
And what happened to make them decide to put them back?
Marluxia was the leader of a rebellion amongst the Order, and his goal was to make Sora into his puppet to use however he wished.

Sora didn't know any of this when he entered. As someone (sorry I forgot your name) previously posted, he was following a hooded stranger who led him to Castle Oblivion. Then as he went up, his memories were slowly being replaced with fake ones made by Namine. He fought the Order in an attempt to free her. And by the time he got to the top, he had axed everyone in the rebellion and Namine fixed his memories for him.

One of the many reasons why I was so dissapointed in KH2 was their complete skipping over of CoM...

Lord_Sora

So this Order came before, and was different from Organization XIII? And so then Namine left and got kidnapped again, or something? Or helped Diz/Ansem of her own will? 'Cuz it seemed she got kidnapped...

The Enigmatic Man

The Power Cosmic Master
So this Order came before, and was different from Organization XIII? And so then Namine left and got kidnapped again, or something? Or helped Diz/Ansem of her own will? 'Cuz it seemed she got kidnapped...

The 13th Order = Organization XIII

So far you're only getting bits of correct answers so let's clear this up.

We have Organization XIII, a group of 13[XIII] nobodies. Six of those nobodies gets dispatched to Castle Oblivion where Marluxia is in charge. Those six nobodies include Marluxia, Axel, Larxene, Zexion, Lexeaus, and Vexen. Marluxia, Larxene and Axel wanted to take over the organization but of course Axel betrayed them in the end. With the control of Namine, Kairi's nobody, they made her use her powers to erase Sora's memories as he got deeper into the castle. They did this so that when he forgot everything they could manipulate him and make him kill Xemnas which would make Marluxia the new leader of the Organization. Namine was apparently kidnapped before resulting in her being in Castle oblivion but because of Axel betraying Marluxia and Larxene he let her go. That is how she ended up with DiZ, at her own free will I believe. DiZ only stopped her from telling Roxas the truth about his existance. After closing Kingdom Hearts Sora had to find his way back so he followed the path which lead to the begining cutscene in CoM where you see the hooded man and he vanishes etc. Riku managed to make it out of the world of darkness as we see in the begining of Revere/Rebirth where he was just laying there. He later grabs the card given to him by DiZ and reaches Castle oblivion. As Sora was going up in floors searching for Namine who he thought was Kairi due to Namine's mind erasing, Riku went down in floors battling the darkness in his heart. In the end the only way to stop Xehanort's heartless from taking over would be for Namine to lock Riku's heart but Riku decided to fight him instead. After Marluxia's defeat, Sora was given the decision of keeping his Castle oblivion memories or forgeting castle oblivion so he can remember his original memories by the newly free Namine. In the end the only survivor of Castle Oblivion was Axel.

http://www.answers.com/topic/kingdom-hearts-chain-of-memories

.:Also:. Forgot to say...Vexen creates a replica Riku to fight Sora but in the end he befriends sora and gets manipulated by Axel to kill Zexion. Later after Sora's story he fights Riku in twilight town and loses.

Who Died by Who?
Marluxia-->Sora
Larxene-->Sora
Axel --> N/A
Lexeaus-->Riku
Zexion-->Replica Riku
Vexen-->Axel

Last edited:

Lord_Sora

Enigmatic Man,

U say that a replica of riku was made to fight sora correct? And this replica became friends with sora instead? And what is it that you mean by Axel being the only survivor? Namine was still alive, and so was riku...

And I thought both Mickey and Riku appeared there thru a portal of some sort from Traverse Town, which is a between world like the Castle, and they fought up from the basement, trying to catch up to sora?

And then in Twilight Town sora and riku fight? Or was it the famous fight with roxas, or did that occur on the memory skyscraper, shown in one of those special movies, maybe "Another Side, Another Story"?

Little_Red

betch.

Like, why did Sora go into Castle Oblivion in the first place?
Why does Sora keep going up, don't you stop and realize that's something isn't working and very wrong?
And why were his memories being erased? What was happening that caused them to put them back?
Thanks again!

i'm pretty sure they have a summary of the game on khinsider, it should be on there anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back