• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's your Day-tah Character Description?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
This is what happens when a bored KH fan meditates on "everything KH is a computer/programming acronym".

Can any combination of 2-4 letters be a computer-related term? Try internetting the initials of your username or parts of it and let's see what kind of character files we can pull up.

I have (actually more than) two that I am proud to use as my character description and defining goals:

CLU [from CLUster] is a programming language created at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) by Barbara Liskov and her students between 1974 and 1975. While it did not find extensive use, it introduced many features that are used widely now, and is seen as a step in the development of object-oriented programming (OOP).

Key contributions include abstract data types,[6] call-by-sharing, iterators, multiple return values (a form of parallel assignment), type-safe parameterized types, and type-safe variant types. It is also notable for its use of classes with constructors and methods, but without inheritance.

and

CL, for CAS latency: "The number of cycles between sending a column address to the memory and the beginning of the data in response. This is the number of cycles it takes to read the first bit of memory from a DRAM with the correct row already open. Unlike the other numbers, this is not a maximum, but an exact number that must be agreed on between the memory controller and the memory."

(Source: Wikipedia)​

I also make a cameo appearance in-universe as the Codified Likeness Utility from TRON, which gives me a high degree of canon compatibility.

I expect the game made in my honor, Kingdom Hearts: Changing Lights, to be the game in which Ven recovers his memories and the truth about Subject X's journey and identity are finally revealed, all according to plan.

Back