• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's YOUR top ten favorite boss battles from the entire series?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanitas_Booker

So I thought this would be the best place to put this, although it really doesn't belong here either since I'm talking about the series as a whole....
Here is my top ten (tell the boss and a good description for why it's your favorite) :

10. Twilight thorn- This has to be one of my favorites due to the fact that I liked his appearance, fighting style, and just the plain old fact that he was a very well designed and cool boss! I also liked seeing more of a "boss" styled nobody instead of just some plain old small nobody.
9. Rinzler- This was such a great Boss fight in Dream Drop Distance. As a Tron fan as it is, Rinzler is my favorite character from Tron Legacy, and actually getting to fight him in the arena was a dream come true. Not to mention, the whole thing about Sora knowing he was Tron, and the emotional music playing.... wow... just wow....
8. Xehanort and Vanitas- Okay, so this isn't like fighting Vanitas alone (which you see later on down my list) but it's still pretty cool. I liked that although Master Xehanort stood back and barley ever fought you, Vanitas was constantly attacking you and on your back. He made it tough to only focus on Xehanort, who is the true enemy.
7. Axel- Okay, when playing as Roxas and suddenly both the Oathkeeper and Oblivion pop into your hands and the fire ring surrounds you and Axel, don't lie.... YOU GOT CHILLS TOO. It may have been a somewhat easy boss, but man, the emotions really "fired it up" (pun totally intended).
6. Terranort (fought with Terra's armor)- "Your body submits, your heart succumbs- so why does your mind resist?" and then hearing the music from Kingdom Hearts 2 final mix when you fight Terra's lingering will.... wow... it was just so powerful. I am literally getting chills just typing this!
5. Xion- Now THIS was a tear jerker... along with the sad music and the after battle seen, I was already crying like a baby at the fact that Roxas had to fight this girl whom he had grown to love... it was such a good boss fight, but so sad at the same time.
4. Roxas (KH2FM)- As we move down along my list, you'll notice that i spread from something being powerful and moving to just plain cool... this one is just plain cool. Fighting Roxas was really cool because I liked the combination of the music, the mysteriousness of him with the hood on, and the fact that his moves were so complex.
3. Vanitas final boss (Ven's story)- This one was really powerful for me... you knew it wasn't going to necessarily end well for Vanitas or Ven. Ventus and Vanitas were both on the verge of destroying each other, and there was only one thing to do: Destroy the Xblade and end it. The music on this battle was great, the fighting style was spectacular, the area in which you fight was amazing, it was just an incredible battle!
2. Dark Riku/Riku possessed by Ansem- This one was also very powerful. Watching Sora fight his best friend over the girl he loves was just so cool. Not to mention, Riku was a big jerk throughout the whole game, and it was really time someone taught him a lesson: don't play with darkness.... it's not good for you.
1. Vanitas (Ventus first encounter)- Okay, so this one may not be as emotional or powerful, but every time someone mentions it, or I hear the battle song, or I think of the battle, it just brings a smile to my face. Vanitas was just such a COOL and mysterious character in the first place, and the first time you fight him, I will admit, I was scared. And when you beat him... well... you don't even really beat him... he just acts like it was no big deal and he'll come back later to beat the crap out of you again.... WHAT A BOSS.

This is my list, and by no means do I think these are factually the "best" battles in the game... they are just what I like the best! But now, let's hear from you guys! :)

Gram

Banned
Awards
I dont have them in any particular order but my top ten would be:

Axel: Playing as duel wielding roxas is what made this fight so fun, I was a bit annoyed it was my only DW roxas fight.

Lexeaus: I love this fight! Whether it be in the original CoM or ReCoM. I'm not really sure why but I just find it fun and look forward to it in riku's story.

Xemnas data battle: It has my fave parts, the first fight and the final part of the last fight all in one.

Roxas: Even with his supersayain glide and hax attack power the roxas fight was fun after I got the reaction command to steal his keyblades and pwn his ass.

Lingering Will/Sentiment vs Terranort: Solely cause I was getting to play the LS. xD

DW Roxas vs Riku: Probably the only thing I enjoyed out of days.

Roxas vs Siax: Cause I had come to be very annoyed by Siax at that point so I enjoyed venting my opinion of him~

Ventus vs Vanitas final fight: It was just so epic, shattering stations, awesome finisher and bittersweet ending.

...crap think I'm out...oh well almost got ten. ^^"

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
1. Chernabog- It was just plain epic to take on the strongest disney villian. Plus the fact that his boss theme was night on bald mountain was a nice touch
2.Larxene-it was so stisfying to kick this bitch`s ass after all the hell she put riku replica and namine through.
3.Pete-lets face it, pete sucks. Its just so much fun to kick his ass.
4. xaldin-without a doubt the hardest organization member. he kicked my ass so many times, even when i was playing as mickey
5. xion- the most heartbreaking and gutwrenching final boss battle in the entire series
6. terranort- everything about this battle was epic. The music, the gameplay, and the dialogue exchanged between aqua and terra was so powerful
7. Rinzler- my favorite disney boss in DDD. challenging, tragic, and epic at the same time. Plus rinzler`s boss theme was just amazing
8. Phantom- the most deaths i`ve ever had in a video game
9. young xehanort-taking on my favorite incarnation of xehanort was just plain epic.
10. dark thorn-one of my favorite heartless, and has a great design

Tailikku1

Awards
10 - Hades. This guy I saw as my "sitcom archnemesis (think Newman to Jerry Seinfeld)" back in the 90's. He was big, he was bad, he was hilarious. So much to the point where I started to respect him after finding out how beaten up he was in Classical Mythology.
9 - Scar. I used to watch the Lion King a lot growing up, and I always wanted to kill Scar for being a complete asshole towards Mufasa and Simba. So I got my just desserts when I beat the video game on the Genesis, but it wasn't that satisfying to throw him off the cliff. So Kingdom Hearts 2 gave me just that: A full-fledged fight.
8 - Barbossa. He would be higher on the list if Square-Enix used "He's a Pirate" for the boss theme while fighting him. It would have been #3 then.
7 - Dark Thorn. Seeing this beast reminded me a lot of Ganon from the Zelda series, so I couldn't help but think that this was how Ganon would behave, if he was in Kingdom Hearts.
6 - Captain Pete. Now this is a boss I can have fun with. And he is one of the few times in Modern Disney where there is some mention towards his hobbies from Goof Troop (bowling)
5 - The MCP. A two-parter. How nice. Fighting against him was rather interesting as it involved short-circuiting Sark and then play Arkanoid with his panels.
4 - Wargoyle. This is the one living being that can kill Frollo, other than his own lust and pedophiliac tendencies. Not to mention the kickass theme.
3 - Twilight Zone. This was actually the first boss I ever encountered in the series.
2 - Xion. Possibly the saddest boss on my list, seeing that she is the closest thing that Roxas has as an answer to Sora's Kairi, or an answer to Noctis's Stella in FFXV.
1 - Satan. The original final boss, according to many sources. This villain gave me nightmares as a child, and sometimes does to this day. So fighting him in his home turf of Bald Mountain was all the more satisfying to end the nightmare. And appropriately, I sent Satan back into the hole he crawled out of on the supposed Mayan Apocalypse.

Redfive

Banned
Awards
10. Leechgrave: I had a hard time getting through 358/2 days cause of the way the whole play every day thing worked but this boss completely refreshed me because it was the first time I was actually interested in the game at all for a while. I first reaction to the boss was saying "Dang that thing is HUGE!"
9. Barbossa: I liked the Pirates of the Caribbean before I played KHII so as soon as I found out I would be fighting Barbossa I was excited out of my pants! Why?! Cause he's the best pirate in the world!! (besides Jack Sparrow)
8. Jafar: Definitely the most sinister of the original bad disney villain team in KH1. He also seems to comprehend a lot more about the heartless and the keyblade than any of the other members. The boss fight against him is so cool In the fact that you have to go for Iago while dodging Big Red and Terrible's Attacks.
7. Hades: This guy is creepy, crazy, and needs to take anger management classes. he's awesome. This guy shoots fire out of his arms! And in the underworld he was unstoppable in KHII one of your missions is to actually RUN AWAY from Hades before he burns you into little Sora snacks.
6. Captain hook: he's comical and yet surprisingly dark. Sword fighting on a pirate ship (which is every boys dream) was definitely a awesome experience. I just hope he will make another appearance in KHIII.
5. Braig: He's the guy with all the back story's. He knows things about Ventus,Roxas, and Sora. This guy is soooo evil the perfect right hand man to the one and only Xehanort. Fighting this guy is CRAZY in BBS, KHII, and 358. His attack style is almost as cool as his hairstyle (LOL Ponytails)
4. Vexen: I was so disappointed when Axel killed him on the spot (DANG YOU AXEL) He was Sora's last chance of escaping the castle but his efforts were in vain. Fighting Vexen was great because I liked the difficulty and uniqueness of his attacks. Looking back this was the highlight of KH:COM. Overall my favorite Nobody.
3. Ansem seeker of darkness: He was a definite twist to the story in KH1 since you thought you would fight maleficent as the final boss but then you find out that she is not, and Ansem is the true villain, and that he had a little property dispute with riku, and that he stabs maleficent, and that he has this HUGE heartless behind his back, and that this heartless grabs you till you die... He's pretty BA in my opinion. The fight I specifically like is the fight without Donald and Goofy. It was Challenging and was so much fun though. So much fun that I didnt mind having to fight that boss 8 times! (truly the number of times it took to beat this guy!)
2. Axel: In KH:COM he was a real jerk to Sora. But it was nice to see a familiar face in KH:II was WOW was I having a blast kicking his butt as Roxas. Don't get me wrong though he's overall my favorite somebody. (Organization member that has once again become whole). Why? Because I like his personality and his friendship to Roxas and Xion. He was the one that truly proved that nobody's did have hearts. (I was almost in tears when Axel died).
1: Demyx: I was so used to his usual easygoing, bumbling personality. That when he new there was no turning back in radiant garden his entire attitude changed. I got a good chill up my spine when told Sora "Silence traitor". His moves were really unique and he was very difficult to beat by this I mean those dumb water spawns that Demyx spawns. I don't know why (so don't ask) but Demyx's death was very disturbing almost as if Sora had done the wrong thing. I mean I know Sora was apart of the Organisation and Sora role was to stop them but his scream... It was of fear... and now that we know from KH 3D that the Organisation members did have some form of a heart... well Demyx truly wasn't much of a threat yet Sora had much misplaced anger on him. I hope he can make a comeback as a good guy.

Gram

Banned
Awards
But Walt had initially confirmed that Chernabog was Satan, and was backed up by Deems Taylor.

He only referred to him as that, his official and listed name in kh or other disney stuff is Chernabog. After the slavic deity which he was inspired.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Yeah, it seems calling him Satan was just an easier way to convey how evil he was to western audiences, and the follow-up, the Ave Maria, is an extremely christian piece.

I can't rank the bosses. Too many good ones

Last edited:

Watanuki-kun

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Awards
Ohhh boy, here we go. These are my top 10 favorite boss battles so far (I have not played KH1FM or KH2FM, so it will almost definitely change):

1. Master Xehanort & Vanitas (BBS)
*Doolaga*
Ever since the first time I saw the secret ending for Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, I dreamt of fighting the battle it depicted. It was the most jaw-droppingly epic scene that has ever come out of the series and I think that is still true today. This battle held true to the video for me, and for that I am very glad.

2. Riku/Ansem (KH1) (Second Encounter)
Never knew a skirt could be so badass...
Riku is my all-time favorite Kingdom Hearts character. In Kingdom Hearts 1, he is everything Sora wants to be. Sora looks up to him, as his idol and his best friend, so to see him accept the darkness willingly was really heart-rending. The fight itself is face-paced and exciting. And facing off against someone who is not much bigger or older than Sora, yet has impressive power and abilities, is really cool.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

3. Mysterious Figure (BBS)
Oh. My. God.
This fight was f***ing terrifying! SO fast and SO powerful. You do not get a single moment to catch your breath and I LOVE IT. This battle is not for the faint of heart, nor your average casual Kingdom Hearts fan. This one if for the die-hards (and you WILL die a lot, and it IS very hard). What really sells this one for me though? TIME TRAVEL. I am an absolute sucker for time travel and this boss uses it in the coolest ways. Suddenly, he'll be everywhere at once, or you'll hit hit and then BAM, you're frozen as he reverses time and teleports behind you.

4. Vanitas Remnant (BBS)
Another fast fight! Vanitas is just really cool and when that black orb surrounds him and all his shadow copies come at you, it is some impressive shiznat. Plus, fighting in the Keyblade Graveyard always makes for an epic showdown.

5. Saïx (KH2)
Berrrrserkkkk!
This fight made me realize how much I truly love Reflega magic in Kingdom Hearts II. The ferocity in which Saïx comes at you is a tad frightening. And then he goes berserk. And then you s*** yourself. But man, hijacking his claymore is fun stuff.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

6. Ansem & Guardian (KH1) (First Encounter)
SUBMIT!
There's few cooler than Ansem, Seeker of Darkness. The way he just floats around, arms crossed... You now he's just taking it easy (while you're just taking it). His Guardian just adds a dose of awesome in this battle. And when he grabs you, you'll know you're going to develop an irrational fear of hugs. This is also one of the few times where battle cries get stuck in your head and it's a good thing. I will never forgive you Phil. If you want me to get up on the Hydra's back, the least you can do is throw a "please" in there.

7. Young Xehanort (KH3D)
More time travel! //hoo!..........Woo//
Whenever Xehanort's up for match, you know it's going to be awesome. And this time, you get to kick his achronological ass as Riku!
And just when you think you're close to ending him... zziiipp! You're at the start of the battle again and his health bar gets a convenient refill!

8. Sephiroth (KH2)
'Nuff said.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

9. Tifa, Leon, Cloud & Yuffie (KH2)
Oh, yeah, THIS is fair. /:^|
Honestly, I love this fight mainly for Tifa. She rocks. The others are a bonus.

10. Zexion (Re:COM)
Nice sword. I think I'll take it.
Zexion is another of my favorite characters and I love his illusions. The intro to this fight is one of the coolest, too.
And books are the new keys. Seriously, a book as a weapon. He's goin' all old-school wizard on us and I am SO okay with that.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back