• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When I come to, Let Us meet, with our Usual Words on the Usual Street

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Such a sweet little bit of poetry. Obviously I should put the full thing on here.

There is always sleep between part and meet,
With our usual words on the usual street.

So let us part like we always do...
And in a world without you, I'll dream of you.

When I come to, let us meet
With our usual words on the usual street.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Yup, it's a poem that flashes on the screen after beating Sora's side.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Ah, I found it now. It’s quite pretty.

It reminds me of a short story (almost a poem) by Jorge Luis Borges, Delia Elena San Marco. A small excerpt:

We said goodbye on one of the corners of the Plaza del Once.

From the sidewalk on the other side of the street I turned and looked back; you had turned, and you waved goodbye. […] Then we lost sight of each other
[…]

To say goodbye is to deny separation; it is to say Today we play at going our own ways, but we’ll see each other tomorrow. [...]

One day we will pick up this uncertain conversation again, Delia—on the banks of what river?—and we will ask ourselves whether we were once, in a city that vanished into the plains, Borges and Delia.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If their is one thing that Kingdom Hearts is, it is poetic. Perhaps not in an artsy, obvious way but I think there is a sense of an ongoing epic (when I use epic, I mean the actual literary term).

Ah, I found it now. It’s quite pretty.

It reminds me of a short story (almost a poem) by Jorge Luis Borges, Delia Elena San Marco. A small excerpt:

We said goodbye on one of the corners of the Plaza del Once.

From the sidewalk on the other side of the street I turned and looked back; you had turned, and you waved goodbye. […] Then we lost sight of each other
[…]

To say goodbye is to deny separation; it is to say Today we play at going our own ways, but we’ll see each other tomorrow. Men invented farewells because they somehow knew themselves to be immortal, even while seeing themselves and contingent and ephemeral.

One day we will pick up this uncertain conversation again, Delia—on the banks of what river?—and we will ask ourselves whether we were once, in a city that vanished into the plains, Borges and Delia.

That's out of Dreamtigers, right? I love Borges work. Makes me wonder if Nomura and the writers of the series have ever touched Borges' work before. It seems like something Nomura would like to read to get inspiration from...

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
If their is one thing that Kingdom Hearts is, it is poetic. Perhaps not in an artsy, obvious way but I think there is a sense of an ongoing epic (when I use epic, I mean the actual literary term).
I would agree. It's actually this sense that keeps me coming back to the story over the years, even though I've only played through four of the games in the series (KH, CoM, KHII, 358/2 Days).

Master Spockanort said:
That's out of Dreamtigers, right? I love Borges work. Makes me wonder if Nomura and the writers of the series have ever touched Borges' work before. It seems like something Nomura would like to read to get inspiration from...
It's out of The Maker, which also contains "Dreamtigers". The Maker is my favorite collection of short stories by Borges. And you're right, Kingdom Hearts (at its best) does touch on some themes that could be inspired by Borges' work.

EDIT: Oh, you were right! I just knew the collection by a different name.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
Ah~ Never get tired of seeing that poem at the end of Re:CoM. =]

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sorry I'm bumping this but I just beat Re:CoM Side Sora and cried over this poem, so I thought it was worth bringing back up~

<3

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
It was a pleasant surprise when I beat Re: CoM and that poem came in to the screen. It makes it even more effecting with screens of Roxas in the back. I kinda first thought this poem was borrowed somewhere, but it is really nice to know that it their original work.

I wonder what is the more deep meaning of it?
Also does Riku`s story have a poem? I beat it but I don`t remember it(just the epic "it is the way t the dawn line"). I found this while searching, is it the real thing?

Beyond the path without you
is a forgotten promse to keep.

We may have walked side by side,
but now we go on back to back.

And though our paths may not cross,
all paths are connected somewhere.

When I arrive at where you are,
we may not appear to be as we were...

But we'll make another promise to keep.

EDIT: Yup, just checked, that is the real thing. Man, really foreshadowing Riku`s struggles in the future.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
It was a pleasant surprise when I beat Re: CoM and that poem came in to the screen. It makes it even more effecting with screens of Roxas in the back. I kinda first thought this poem was borrowed somewhere, but it is really nice to know that it their original work.

I wonder what is the more deep meaning of it?
Also does Riku`s story have a poem? I beat it but I don`t remember it(just the epic "it is the way t the dawn line"). I found this while searching, is it the real thing?

EDIT: Yup, just checked, that is the real thing. Man, really foreshadowing Riku`s struggles in the future.

Wow I never thought of it that way, it makes more sense.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Yeah, especially the part about:
When I arrive at where you are,
we may not appear to be as we were...

to me represents the part Riku`s in story where he has to take the form of Ansem. I think you can find a lot more though if you start to deeply analyze it.

I know this not directly related to the poem, but I really love one thing they did with ending of Sora`s story in CoM. After the credits we get a scene involving Where the Nothing Gathers. It shows that there are more members in the Organization. My favorite part in this is when the the scene shows the highest throne, and were Xemnas is sitting. For players how did not know much about Xemnas and Org, that scene with the highest throne just screams power. You realize that the guy sitting there is probably in charge of the group. If Marluxia, Lord of Catle Oblivion was powerful, an terrifying thought creeps to the player: how powerful is his boss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back