• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When I think 2.5 is coming out

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeriesSlayers

So, as we've seen, Square likes to space their games apart. 1.5 came out roughly 3 years (only varying by a couple days) after Birth By Sleep. What I'm hoping, is that if they do that again, they do that with Kingdom Hearts 3. That way, they can release 2.5 in between, and give players time to buy the game and finish it to their content. So I am thinking that Square is going to release 2.5 roughly between winter of '14 and fall of '15. What do you guys think?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Re: When I think 2.5 is coming out.

Releasing 2.5 post KH3 defeats the purpose of putting out the collections so it'll release sometime before. I reckon 2014-2015 is the best time frame. The HD collections are technically belated tenth anniversary related games so Nomura was trying to put them out as quickly as possible.

axel95

Awards

I think 2.5 will be announced before the calendar year is over. Most likely at Jump Festa. It might not come out as early as 1.5 did though. But I expect it to be out worldwide by the end of 2014.

SeriesSlayers

I agree with you there, Ruran. Quite honestly, I think it's impossible to really tell when they'll even announce it, considering we don't know how far into "development" they are.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

I agree with you there, Ruran. Quite honestly, I think it's impossible to really tell when they'll even announce it, considering we don't know how far into "development" they are.

It took about two-two and a half years to make 1.5 if that's any indication. There's no formal announcement but the scenes in the credits for 1.5 were HD-ified, though that can either mean that they started 2.5 a while back or just cleaned up those specific scenes. But I'm fairly confident it'll come out next year, 2015 at the very latest. Nomura promised one KH game per year and aside from KH3 there's nothing else in the works (that we know of). Plus, the Osaka team is the one who worked on 1.5 and is working on KH3. Since KH3 is early in development I take it as a good sign of 2.5's development.

Santiago

It took about two-two and a half years to make 1.5 if that's any indication. There's no formal announcement but the scenes in the credits for 1.5 were HD-ified, though that can either mean that they started 2.5 a while back or just cleaned up those specific scenes. But I'm fairly confident it'll come out next year, 2015 at the very latest. Nomura promised one KH game per year and aside from KH3 there's nothing else in the works (that we know of). Plus, the Osaka team is the one who worked on 1.5 and is working on KH3. Since KH3 is early in development I take it as a good sign of 2.5's development.
Keep in mind they lost all the original assets for KH1FM, which added lots of time to the development of 1.5. Making all the cutscenes for 358/2 Days took some time too.

Seeing as re:coded has significantly less cutscenes than Days and that they should have all the assets for the games included in 2.5, it should take less time to make. I'm guessing it'll take around 1.5-2 years to finish 2.5. Maybe even less.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^Agreed, there shouldn't be as much to recreate with 2.5 aside what they decide to do with Coded.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I predict that 2.5 will be released in Q4 2014. If they reveal it at Jump Festa it'll be several months until it's Japan release, then about a month before that they'll announce the Western release and then 6-8 months later it'll release in the West. So, late 2014 sounds about right.

Gonzales95

Awards
As Santiago said above, they didn't actually have the assets for KHFM, so had to recreate the assets using a copy of the game, possibly reverse engineering it which wouldn't have been an easy task - We don't actually know this for a fact, but given KH2FM+ and BBSFM are much more recent, I assume SE wouldn't have lost those assets just yet, meaning that development shouldn't take as long as the last time. Also, with KHFM they actually added in a few new things like reaction commands, and with Re:CoM they had to rework the way you unlocked the Org XIII enemy cards and stuff like that, which would've added time on. Presumably, other than changing the control set up for BBS (given that the PSP had one analog stick and two shoulder buttons less than the PS3 controller), there shouldn't be very many things that need altering from a gameplay perspective. I'd guess Q2/3 2014 for Japan, Q4 2014 for the rest of the world.

SeriesSlayers

Keep in mind they lost all the original assets for KH1FM, which added lots of time to the development of 1.5. Making all the cutscenes for 358/2 Days took some time too.

Seeing as re:coded has significantly less cutscenes than Days and that they should have all the assets for the games included in 2.5, it should take less time to make. I'm guessing it'll take around 1.5-2 years to finish 2.5. Maybe even less.

You're right. I just can't wait for any of it! It's super exciting to have all of this brought back to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back