• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When Sora wakes Ventus...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

13Rox

okay so someone talked on a fan page about this and i was wondering what you guys think.

So when Ventus gets his heart back from Sora, will Sora even still be able to wield a keyblade since "he was never supposed to have one" and was "just the delivery boy" Like Riku said in KH1 in Hallow Bastion? Or do you think He will be allowed to keep the weapon?

I thought that since Roxas said "This could have been the other way around but it really has to be you" and he also said that "There are so many hearts connected to yours" , in Dream Drop Distance, That Sora might get to keep his keyblade for that reason. And I mean c'mon...imagine Sora without a keyblade and having to save the world...I honestly don't think he would know what to do with himself. Either way, I don't think that Sora will be able to use his two keyblade wielding powers he gets from using the drive form because I think he gets that power from having Ven's heart, so it would make sense that once he gave it back it would be going back to only one keyblade. But my friend argued that she thought it was Roxas who gave Sora the power of weilding two key blades and we got into the conversation of how Roxas can wield two keyblades and came to the conclusion of it being Ven's heart in Roxas after Sora killed himself, Ven's heart simply went with Roxas when Sora could no longer keep it safe, to save Kairi in Kingdom Hearts one.

So Will Sora be able to keep his keyblade? Or was it Ven who gave it to him in the first place?

Gram

Banned
Awards
Nomura has done stated a couple times that what lets sora wield the keyblade is his own power. All ventus ever done was give Roxas the duel wielding ability. (cause when he duel wields he's using sora's and ven's at once and in turn because Roxas could do it so could Sora in kh2)

Ventus has never been a factor.
Sora was never meant to have a keyblade but what makes him so special despite being normal is that that the kingdom key, which was meant for riku, chose sora over him.

Basically no matter what Sora will be fine when Ventus wakes up. The only thing that would be lost is the ability to duel wield but since that was always Roxas' stable rather than sora's that wont even be a issue for him.

Now roxas on the other hand may be different since up till now he's always been using Sora's keyblade (and when duel wielding Sora's+Ven's)
If anyone would be affected it would be him, though he'll most likely end up with his own keyblade in the end and with the delving into keyblade transformation in kh3 he'll probably get by the duel wielding too.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
okay so someone talked on a fan page about this and i was wondering what you guys think.

So when Ventus gets his heart back from Sora, will Sora even still be able to wield a keyblade since "he was never supposed to have one" and was "just the delivery boy" Like Riku said in KH1 in Hallow Bastion? Or do you think He will be allowed to keep the weapon?

Sora earned his Keyblade fair and square when he took it from Riku after their first battle in Hollow Bastion.

Ven doesn't have anything to do with Sora being a wielder.

But my friend argued that she thought it was Roxas who gave Sora the power of weilding two key blades and we got into the conversation of how Roxas can wield two keyblades and came to the conclusion of it being Ven's heart in Roxas after Sora killed himself, Ven's heart simply went with Roxas when Sora could no longer keep it safe, to save Kairi in Kingdom Hearts one.

Yes, Ven's heart did stay in Sora's body, Roxas. The heart was still dormant, though, and all it did was alter Roxas' physical features.

So Will Sora be able to keep his keyblade? Or was it Ven who gave it to him in the first place?

The Keyblade was Riku's before Sora earned it. So no, Ven did not give it to him. Yes, he will be able to keep it.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Everything that I've got to say had been said...

Many people think that Sora could wield the Keyblade because of Ventus' and that it's Ventus' Keyblade that he wields, but this is incorrect. True, Ventus' heart is resting within him, but that doesn't account for him being a wielder, not in the slightest bit. Sora first obtained the Kingdom Key when Destiny Islands got swallowed by the darkness, but at that time Ventus' heart was still dormant, which essentially disproves the theory stating that Sora's Keyblade is Ventus'.

Remember that even though Ventus' heart made its way to Roxas, Roxas wasn't able to call forth a second Keyblade from the get-go. It was only when Ventus' heart stirred from the emotional trauma from Xion's disappearance that Roxas began dual-wielding.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Remember that even though Ventus' heart made its way to Roxas, Roxas wasn't able to call forth a second Keyblade from the get-go. It was only when Ventus' heart stirred from the emotional trauma from Xion's disappearance that Roxas began dual-wielding.
Which was something barely used if you think about it. Roxas used it the day after Xion disappeared and again when he fought Axel a couple days later in kh2's prolouge.
Meaning, chronologically, Roxas has only duel wielded twice. (or three times if you count the metaphysical struggle of wills he had with sora in the battle near memory skyscraper)

13Rox

Which was something barely used if you think about it. Roxas used it the day after Xion disappeared and again when he fought Axel a couple days later in kh2's prolouge.
Meaning, chronologically, Roxas has only duel wielded twice. (or three times if you count the metaphysical struggle of wills he had with sora in the battle near memory skyscraper)

point taken, but does that mean Ven will have some recollection of the memories Roxas had?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Which was something barely used if you think about it. Roxas used it the day after Xion died and again when he fought Axel a couple days later in kh2's prolouge.

Which serves as further proof that it's not that Roxas didn't want to dual-wield prior to the day of his defection; based on our current knowledge, he simply couldn't.

I brought this up as a reiteration of my point, that Sora's Keyblade couldn't have been Ventus' because the latter's heart was in dormant state, the very same state it had been in for the majority of Roxas' physical life.

Gram

Banned
Awards
point taken, but does that mean Ven will have some recollection of the memories Roxas had?

Nope. Even though Ven played a part in ven's appearance and duel wielding that is as far as it goes, remember Ven is dormant. Also Roxas is an individual to the point that even his original self, Sora, didn't have any of his memories until DDD when Roxas himself SHOWED them to Sora.

Roxas was born blank cause Kairi saved sora before his memories could flow into Roxas which is what lead to Roxas developing such a sense of self as well as a heart of his own.
Meaning his memories are his own.

Which serves as further proof that it's not that Roxas didn't want to dual-wield prior to the day of his defection; based on our current knowledge, he simply couldn't.

I brought this up as a reiteration of my point, that Sora's Keyblade couldn't have been Ventus' because the latter's heart was in dormant state, the very same state it had been in for the majority of Roxas' physical life.
Exactly. No matter what Ven simply doesn't play that big a role because he literally can't.
The only time Ventus has actively done anything or played a role in events was in DDD when he saved sora as he fell into sleep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back