• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Where does the body of a weak-willed Heartless go?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I think I can post this here right? I always have doubts.
While discussing with friends, a question came to mind: what happens when you vanquish the Heartless of someone that never generated a Nobody?
Does they still come back as a whole being, or is their heart lost in the Darkness?
Ansem SoD is pretty confident the hearts go back to Kingdom Hearts, but then again he's kinda... "biased".
I guess the main question is what happens to the body at the time of the Heartless' birth. We saw that it should disappear either way, even without creating a Nobody: does it still go to the Nothingness, awaiting for his heart's freedom? Or is this something really close to the classic concept of death for KH standards?

I personally hope they do not come back regardless or that would seriously damage the impact of the threat of the Heartless, but lemme know what you guys think.

Caxinuld

Awards
If they never created a Nobody, then the body and heart disappears into the realm of darkness. That's how I see it anyway.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I suppose that depends on the era it was captured in.

A nobody is not formed and the Heart becomes a Heartless.
In the distant past, fallen Heartless return to the dark.
They go to Kingdom Hearts
During the Xehanort Saga, they are sent to the artificial Kingdom Hearts.

Awards
I swore I heard a long time ago that if a Nobody isn't created the body and soul fall into darkness. Then, they wait there until the Heartless is destroyed by a Keyblade wielder and the original person is reborn afterwards. However, I have no source for this and I don't remember if where I heard it was an official source or not so...

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
New thought:

Maybe they go to Traverse Town? They did release a game implicitly showing multiple versions of it.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I just figured they became Dusks, the lowest Nobody in the pecking order, if they had the tiniest amount of what would define as a strong will.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
They fade into darkness. Nobodies are supposed to fade into darkness eventually too. I thought it was said wearing the coats/outfits keeps nobodies from disappearing/fading, but I can't source that so eh.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
I just figured they became Dusks, the lowest Nobody in the pecking order, if they had the tiniest amount of what would define as a strong will.

Wouldn't Creepers be the lowest? They are the weakest (I think Dusks are just the average Nobody)

To answer the above's question: If a Nobody cannot be formed, then the body fades into darkness until their Heartless is destroyed, to which they do not have to wait for their Nobody to be destroyed as well. They will become a whole person once heart the rejoins the body in the darkness (refer to Ienzo's explanation in KH 3DS for more).

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Wouldn't Creepers be the lowest? They are the weakest (I think Dusks are just the average Nobody).
Really? I guess I was going under the assumption that the first enemy you face in the games is the lowest level, since we battle Dusks as our first Nobody, but you might be right about the Creepers.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think I can post this here right? I always have doubts.
While discussing with friends, a question came to mind: what happens when you vanquish the Heartless of someone that never generated a Nobody?
Does they still come back as a whole being, or is their heart lost in the Darkness?
Ansem SoD is pretty confident the hearts go back to Kingdom Hearts, but then again he's kinda... "biased".
I guess the main question is what happens to the body at the time of the Heartless' birth. We saw that it should disappear either way, even without creating a Nobody: does it still go to the Nothingness, awaiting for his heart's freedom? Or is this something really close to the classic concept of death for KH standards?

I personally hope they do not come back regardless or that would seriously damage the impact of the threat of the Heartless, but lemme know what you guys think.

This also has an official answer in the Director's Secret Report XIII which came as a companion book to KH 2 FM back in 2006, Goldpanners polished up translation from January 2015 makes it even more clear:
Director's Secret Report XIII said:
VIII. When you defeat Heartless, what happens to the hearts they have stolen? Also, when Nobodies and members of Organisation XIII are defeated, do they return to their original forms?

When a Heartless is defeated, essentially, the owner of that heart returns to life somewhere in the Realm with the body that had once disappeared. Some facts about where hearts go were also established in KHII, but those were exceptional circumstances brought about by the Organisation3. However, there is the rare case in which a body changes into a Nobody. If that has happened, without the vessel it ought to return to the heart will go into a suspended state.

When a Nobody is defeated, it's a little complicated. If the heart has been released they will return to their original form as mentioned above, but if the heart is still dispossessed by a Heartless, the Nobody will be swallowed by darkness. If their heart, wherever it is in the realm, could be taken back perhaps they could return to their original human form.

According to this, the body just disappears and once the Heartless is slain with the Keyblade, the person reforms without incident.

In fact, when no Nobody is in play the whole restoration process is much easier since the body isn't used by a different being and thus "occupied".

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Well yeah, but those still counts as creating a Nobody.

This also has an official answer in the Director's Secret Report XIII which came as a companion book to KH 2 FM back in 2006, Goldpanners polished up translation from January 2015 makes it even more clear:

According to this, the body just disappears and once the Heartless is slain with the Keyblade, the person reforms without incident.

In fact, when no Nobody is in play the whole restoration process is much easier since the body isn't used by a different being and thus "occupied".

I see.
A bit of a personal disappointment, but beggers can't be choosers.
Thanks!

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Really? I guess I was going under the assumption that the first enemy you face in the games is the lowest level, since we battle Dusks as our first Nobody, but you might be right about the Creepers.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Dusks are just your run-of-the-mill Nobody, but Creepers are the weakest. Also, apparently the following are low-ranking Nobodies: Twilight Thorn, Specter (Marluxia), Marluxia (Third form), and Xemnas (Dragon Form).

vpha1313

Awards
Like they said above, I think the body and soul fade into a sort of sleeping limbo and when the Heartless is defeated by a Keyblade, the Heart is freed and the body and soul return and the person is complete once more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back