• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which cast do you think the next Kingdom Hearts entry will focus on?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who do you think will be the central party for the next Kingdom Hearts entry?

• Aqua, Terra, Ventus

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Roxas, Xion, Lea and Isa

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Yozora, Magia and Aegis

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Ephemer and Skuld

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I disagree, I think the other key characters need further depth to their arcs without being constrained by the plot devices caused by Xehanort.

What's Roxas and Xion's purpose now that they are complete beings? What was Terra and Aqua's past like when they were younger prior to Xehanort's involvement? There's a lot to explore now that we're in a new saga.

I actually had the idea of Ephemer and Skuld being playable characters from the X credits. Alternate worldlines are a thing now so the excuse to make them playable is right there.
You're asking the real questions here.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Ephemer and Skuld going on a adventure. Anything that involves more screentime for Skuld has my stamp of approval.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Just because there is an excuse does not mean it would be a good excuse :p

This is a franchise with time travel, whatever excuse there is to make Ephemer and Skuld playable surely wouldn't be as awful as time travel.

astertide

Awards
I feel like a single game exploring all those storylines will take way too long.

1. You've got Sora, Yozora and running around in Shibuya, which in itself will take a long time - There's so much to explore! We might dive a little into Luxord's deal, Magia and Aegis, the Nameless Star...
2. You've got Riku, whose dreams we're exploring. Maybe we've got FF characters coming along for the ride...? This alone will take up at least half the game.
3. You've got Kairi, who had been asleep getting her heart searched and may or may not be awake in this game. Best case scenario is she comes along with Riku to find Sora. Worst case scenario is she stays asleep with AtW and his apprentices staring over her. And maybe Naminé.
4. You've got Terra, Aqua and Ventus (and most likely Chirithy, too) in the Realm of Darkness. Anyway, if we're exploring this storyline, Ventus will undoubtedly (hopefully) find out AT LEAST A LITTLE BIT ABOUT HIS PAST. Maybe we might somehow see Vanitas again? Maybe Darkness will come into play? Who knows?
5. You've got Roxas, Xion, the Twilight Town gang and possibly Lea, Isa and Naminé in the memory department.
6. You've got Goofy, Donald and Mickey exploring worlds that Sora has been to - And every world is HUGE. Are they really going to search every nook and cranny for Sora? You'd need a game exploring just this storyline alone.
7. You've got Ephemer, Skuld and maybe others like Brain... Maybe somehow Strelitzia...? And their doing... whatever it is. Might perhaps delve a little into Subject X.
8. You've got the Foretellers, Luxu, MoM, AND don't forget Maleficent and Pete... with the ominous black box.
9. You've got Marluxia and Larxene who've now turned back into their Somebodies, Lauriam and Elrena. Seeing as they're villains, we most likely won't get to play as them, but we might get a cutscene or two.
10. You've got Xehanort, Eraqus, all the Dark Road characters whose names I've forgotten... I mean, we most likely won't see them again but like, there's probably important characters and lore and stuff in Dark Road that we'll find in another game... You never know with Kingdom Hearts
11. You've got these... other characters. Demyx and his "keyblade legacy." We... might or might not see Riku Replica again? We might even see our Player character. Somehow. They might just go with the default male Unicornis player.

Back