• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which do you think is harder?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroiHonoushi

was twohearts
Which do you think is harder ro make?

1.Make the first game of a series.

2.Make a GOOD follow-up(s)

Its actulaly a tough dercision when ou think about it.

1.-Its may be a little harder to get the character and stuff and first but the idaes are fresh and they can do whatever.

2.They have the charcters and stuff but they have to try to not make it suck. (unlike so many series)

Shade737

Silver Member
I would say making a sequel is harder.The first is where you empty your ideas, and decisions etc. but the sequel is where you have to build up from the first with improvements and try to stay on track without going to far off.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
It all depends.

If they PLANNED a follow up, I'd say that making the first a success would be more difficult. Then, they could just take all the elements that made it good, making few or subtle improvements (a la Metal Gear Solid, or Ratchet and Clank Future).

If they DID NOT plan a follow up, making sequels is tougher. Make a successful story to get fans to come back while adding new gameplay elements to attract new fans.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Either way its hard to improve on the mechanics of a predecessor game and still stay true to the game. it might be very easy to make a better sequel, but not stick it to the story

It all depends.
If they DID NOT plan a follow up, making sequels is tougher. Make a successful story to get fans to come back while adding new gameplay elements to attract new fans.

As is evident for the new Shrek and Pirates movies being made/

S

Shadow Soldier

Sequels hands down. If the first game is awesome and revolutionary like the first Halo, obviously trying to beat that is harder.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Sequels. At least, sequels that surpass the original.

K

Kegluneq

I think a decent sequel. I really think putting enough time, effort, and knowing stuff about video games is enough to make a good one. I always hear about a bad sequel on the other hand.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I've never heard of a game that has unquestionably outdone it's predecessor, except maybe Gears of War 2 and God of War 2.

S

Shadow Soldier

I know why people laugh at the fact that Halo is revolutionary, because it has the name Halo in it. If it had a different name we'd all be praising it.

Killa DeX

Circa Old Valendian 706
I think sequels cause they have to make sure its even better then the first and add new stuff but dont go off topic

Killa DeX

Circa Old Valendian 706
I agree Stavy cause when people see a good original game they are kind of worried that it will not be goood, but when they play it and like it they think the sequel will be even better

cloudxxzach

sequals...definatley. the first idea might be awesome...but it's harder to take that idea and expand it into another idea for another game

Gatorade

Naturally, we called it Gatorade
Making a sequel is probably harder because the people expect more from the developers, if the original was actually any good.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
I know why people laugh at the fact that Halo is revolutionary, because it has the name Halo in it. If it had a different name we'd all be praising it.

I'm pretty sure people are laughing because it's not revolutionary. It could be called anything and it'd still be a generic, mediocre shooting game.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
I would guess the first, but the sequel can be harder.
Make a good follow-up that was better than the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back