• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which FF game should I play first

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidsawr

I like Final Fantasy and want to start playing but Im not sure where to start. I want to understand the story especially with cloud and sephiroth and aerith and zack but I dont want to have to play EVERY game.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
David, you're talking FF7 right? That's where i'd start if I were you. Rest, get when you can; No FF game is connected together except the sequels so you can start anywhere you like, as long as you play the games with sequels in order. Most of them other than the ones that have sequels are a self contained story.

Reminds me, I need to make a second attempt to reinstall FF7 myself. Want to revisit that game, even if it is old :D

If you do get curious about 11 though; It's dying but there's still a little life in it, I can prolly get you in touch with some of my Quetzy FFXI friends since I'm planning on retiring in a couple weeks; with that game, it's a case of I feel I've done about everything and the game's gotten really dull, not to mention the server feels half deadish. :/ Not giving away my stuff in case I do come back, but XIV bound for my MMO fix now.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I'd recommend playing Final Fantasy 8 since its my favorite out of the entire franchise. Nothing against another installments; every game you'll be immersed and enjoy the captivating stories and gameplay.

Davidsawr

ya, I was talking about FF7. The first newish game I saw was Dissidia on my friends psp, about 3-4 years ago. It looked cool so I think Ill start with FF7 and the stuff that comes after. I looked into the FFMMO but Im broke and my pc is absolute crap.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I'd personally recommend Final Fantasy IV as your first. Like Final Fantasy I, its been ported to a lot of systems and most versions of the game are simple and easy to play (with the exception of the Nintendo DS remake which is balls to walls hard in comparison).

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I'd personally recommend Final Fantasy IV as your first. Like Final Fantasy I, its been ported to a lot of systems and most versions of the game are simple and easy to play (with the exception of the Nintendo DS remake which is balls to walls hard in comparison).

That "way too hard" warning extends to all 3D versions of FFIV, since they're all ports of the DS. But any 2D versions are fine.

Of course, the new post clarifies the OP just wanted to know which FFVII game to play first, so I suppose this is moot.

Davidsawr

in that case, Ill play the ds version. The harder the better >_<

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
9 is absolutely fantastic. Great set of characters, great story, and it literally pays homage to all the games that came before it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back