• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which game had the more entertaining/ interesting Organization XIII members KH2 or Re: Chain of Memories?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KH2 or Re: Chain of Memories members who was more entertaining/interesting

• Total voters

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Organization XIII has always had interesting/ entertaining characters in every game they made an appearance in although some Organization XIII members are better than others for various reasons. So I’m curious which game do you think had the more entertaining/interesting members. ( Although Roxas is apart of Organization XIII and appears in KH2 he’s not working for them in this game so I’m not counting him as part of the KH2 Organization members)

Also I’m not factoring Axel inclusion in the games in my answer since he appears in both games and I thought it be more interesting to base my answer of the other characters.

My answer is Re: Chain of Memories as on my first playthrough of both games I just found myself enjoying the members from Re: Chain of Memories members a lot more than the KH2 members plus at the time my two favourite characters in the series were from this game Larxene and Zexion ( although as of more recently that’s changed to Larxene and Marluxia). Plus I think the fact that Re: Chain of Memories was the first time we met any characters from Organization XIII helps because there was a lot more mystery surrounding these characters than KH2.When it came to KH2 on my first playthrough I was really only interested in Demyx as I found him really funny and was curious why did Xemnas pick him to join Organization XIII. Also in Re: Chain of Memories I only found Lexaeus boring while in KH2 I found Luxord and Xaldin boring and everyone else I haven’t mentioned was just ok. ( Although as of KH3 I do find characters like Xigbar and Saix a lot more interesting)

palizinhas

Awards
Dicounting Roxas and Axel, I have to go with CoM. KH2 Org just isn't that interesting, Xaldin, Luxord and Demyx don't really get a lot to do, and Saix and Xigbar both become extremely more fun in following games whe compared to KH2. CoM runs into this problem with Marluxia - who I find really hard to care about as the main villain in CoM but have since grown fond of - but Larxene, Vexen and Zexion in particular are great. So the only Org dud in CoM is Lexaeus.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
CoM, no contest. The only Org. members I like from 2 at all are Saix, Xaldin, and Roxas. Luxord only started to grow on me a little in KH3; in contrast, Xaldin became completely irrelevant as time went on. I used to think of him as being one of the strongest, darkest, and most intelligent of the Apprentice circle (along with Xigbar), but then Nomura made him a gatekeeper..... He should've been one of the Darknesses in KH3 instead of Luxord, lbr, but Nomura liked Luxord too much to disclude him. They could still have had Luxord present in 3, but in a similar role to Vexen and Demyx (individuals being considered and ultimately discarded for the final XIII).

With CoM, I liked every member in Sora's story. Marluxia is a bit on the boring side, but still good (and I loved the person they got to voice him in the remake--really enriched the character for me unlike most of the actors they cast). Axel was never better than in CoM. I didn't like him in 2, mostly because of the voice acting, tbh--but I didn't mind him in Days or 3D. In KH3, he was just sort of there. Zexion is on the weak side--and Lexaeus is clearly the least interesting Org. member of all 14 (although the scene that follows the boss battle where he knocks Riku tf out was really well-done; funny how they did the same thing with Roxas in Days)--but I like that there's at least one Org. whose elment isn't really built well for fighting. And I always loved that Darien (Endymion) from Sailor Moon voiced him in the re-make, that made Zexion worth it all, heh. I could definitely picture all the Apprentice characters in CoM working together at Hollow Bastion. I can picture Xemnas and Xaldin slotted in with that group, too. Xigbar was the hardest for me to see working in a labroom with the others. (This is, again, before we learned Xaldin and Lexaeus were outside the castle and not in the labs with the rest--what a letdown.)

Form Oblivion

Awards
Definitely Re:CoM. Most of the members [in Re:CoM] were interesting; on the contrary, the ones in KH2 were boring in my opinion.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Easily Days Org...oh wait, that's not a option is it?

In that case I'm going with CoM. Both Organizations were mainly anime stereotypes and archetypes back then, but the CoM ones were more fun overall. Larxene, Vexen, and Axel were terrifying delights. Whenever they were on screen I enjoyed things more. I quote Larxene and Vexen's CoM lines all the time because they are so memorable. Lexaeus I've always had a soft spot for. I know he never does anything (until his epic child abuse slap in Days) but I've always loved the big guy. Zexion and Marluxia are the two weak links in the CoM group for me. Despite being the main antagonist, Marluxia feels like one of the most forgettable members of the Organization, and he's carried by the characters he interacts with. Nothing he does stands out compared to the others. At least he's got "Graceful Assassin" and "Lord of the Castle" and pink hair. Zexion is kind of the same. He's overshadowed by Riku Replica/Ansem as Riku's main antagonist and just feels like a afterthought. Though in fairness they are better then Lexaeus, my bias aside. They got better as time went on into other games. But even with them, Larxene, Vexen, Axel, and my oddball Lexaeus carry CoM for this win.

On the KH2 side I only thought Xemnas, Axel, and Demyx were effective in what they were trying to do with the Nobodies in that game. When it comes to everyone else? Xaldin was effective as a villain but not as a Nobody. Saix was a generic henchmen who didn't have a story yet, and he exists just to fill roles that are not important enough for Xemnas to do himself. Xigbar's more memorable as a boss fight rather then a character. Luxord doesn't qualify as a character in KH2. On the plus side, Demyx and Axel filled the miserable Nobody existence thing well. Demyx legit comes off sympathetic in all his appearances as Sora bullies him. The KH2 Organization got better in future games. Had this included their Days/KH3 halves I would have picked them, as each member really improved and became great. But just taking KH2 into account? They're fun boss fights but lacking in character.

AegisXIII

Awards
Re:chain of memories. They had simple elementery elements: fire,lightning, ice, earth and shadow.
And they had more dialogues if I am not mistaken.

Re:chain of memories is a great story bundled in a weird gameplay. They should fix this. Too many people skip it.

PikaPal

Awards
Chain of Memories since I loved how the Organization members all had their own different plans rather than just agreeing on one single thing.

Kingdom Hearts II's lineup was alright but if you're playing the original version then asides from Xemnas, Demyx and Luxord, the others were forgettable and not really much to write home about. Even with Xemnas, the lack of screen time he had really hurt him which was all the more worthwhile when the Final Mix version came out.

Luckily for Xiggy boy and Luxord though, things came up roses for them afterwards whereas poor ol' Lexeaus and Xaldin (when they went back to being humans again) would later be given the Charlie Chaplin treatment.

Last edited:
Back