• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which Kingdom Hearts opening is your favorite?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Favorite Kingdom Hearts opening

• Kingdom Hearts

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Kingdom Hearts II

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • Kingdom Hearts com

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Kingdom hearts Birth by sleep

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

Votes: 29 40.3%
  • Kingdom Hearts Coded

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Mix 1 or 2

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I dont have a favorite...

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

wii.red24

Pretty much just what the title says out of the whole series which Kingdom Hearts opening is your favorite? (Mine is KH BBS)

Last edited:

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
Dream Drop Distance, definitely. We get to see Axel and Xion in CGI. Plus I always wanted an opening that was the orchestrated version of Utada's songs. Terra, Ven, and Aqua are there too.
I especially love the part where King Mickey summons everyone from the book and they all shoot off into those sparkly lights. Then, on the beat in the song, each of them pops out and does this awesome pose.
The best part is when Sora swishes the Kingdom Key around and points it up to the sky, just like he did in the original KH's menu trailer at the end. Brings back so many memories. :)
Though, I have a feeling KH3's will eventually end up being my favorite.

Key Wielder

Awards
Dream Drop Distance, definitely. We get to see TAV and Axel and Xion in CGI. Plus I always wanted an opening that was the orchestrated version of Utada's songs.
Though, I have a feeling KH3's will eventually end up being my favorite.

So they kept the orchestrated version of Hikari that went with the video at the 10th Anniversary Event? I thought they would replace it with Passion/Sanctuary, but if this is the case, 3D will be my vote. I've wanted a purely orchestrated opening for a while. Although even in general, I love that opening; it nicely sums everything up.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
My favorites are as follows:

1. Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
  2. Kingdom Hearts II
  3. Kingdom Hearts
  4. Kingdom hearts Birth by sleep

I'm honestly going to laugh my ass off if either Passion or Hikari is the opening theme for KHIII. :/

Remind me again why Utada isn't making anymore themes for the KH titles; something to do with Disney, right?

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
The techno music murdered BBS opening

KH1 was meh

KH2 or DDD...
Well DDD's opening was a little cooler with the books and pages so I'll go with that

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
My favorites are as follows:

1. Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
  2. Kingdom Hearts II
  3. Kingdom Hearts
  4. Kingdom hearts Birth by sleep

I'm honestly going to laugh my ass off if either Passion or Hikari is the opening theme for KHIII. :/

Remind me again why Utada isn't making anymore themes for the KH titles; something to do with Disney, right?
To your spoilers, Utada didn't want to do them anymore because she wasn't being "paid enough", it was hard to take one language version of the song and translate it into another, it was "frustrating to change the melodies because japanese and english syllables are different", and her "integrity as an artist would not, could not take that."
AKA she didn't want to do it anymore and was probably making excuses.
Here's the full thing:
Interviewer: "Are you going to be involved in the soundtrack for Kingdom Hearts III?"

Utada: "I don't think so, I don't know. Probably not."

Mr. Utada: "We said no to Disney."

Interviewer: "You turned down Disney?"

Mr. Utada: "Yeah. Because they don't pay."

Utada: "Because they don't pay, yeah. My parents work for Disney World, so I'm sure they'd be in agreement with you on that."

Utada: "They can have a drink over that [all laugh]."

Interviewer: "Okay, so going back a little bit, the fact that Exodus was released in English also in Japan, was that a conscious decision? Was there ever any pressure either on your label over there, or from other people to say, "Well, if you do Japanese versions of
these songs, they'll be so much more accessible, and many more people will get to that?"

Utada: Uh-huh. Well, from the beginning, yeah, before doing that contract, I'd done a few songs where I had to translate, like for Kingdom Hearts, I had to make an English version of the song Hikari, which became Simple and Clean, and then also for Kingdom Hearts II, I had to make the Japanese version which was the song Passion and then the English version that was Sanctuary, and that was so hard, it's just...and it felt strained, and as a result, I'm happy that I worked hard to do those, because those English versions are really good and Simple and Clean, I think, is a really good song, and people...most of the people that know me here, they know me for that but it's not ideal for me as a writer because, actually...I changed the melodies for Simple and Clean and Hikari, because when you change the language you're singing in, the same melodies don't work, and as a writer, it's just very frustrating to have, like, I wrote these melodies for Japanese words, and to have to write in English for that, it's just not right. And then, so, for this, uh, this contract with Island Def Jam, in the beginning I separated it to this English language album, and I don't do Japanese translations. I just, my integrity as an artist just would not take that, could not take that."

Last edited:

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
I'd say KH2. It summed up KH1 and CoM really well while still looking eye appealing.
I wasn't really a fan of the Orchestral in DDD but it was nice to see CGI of Xion and Axel.
But like others have said, KH3 will probably be my favorite. At least it better be.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
To your spoilers, Utada didn't want to do them anymore because she wasn't being "paid enough", it was hard to take one language version of the song and translate it into another, it was "frustrating to change the melodies because japanese and english syllables are different", and her "integrity as an artist would not, could not take that."
AKA she didn't want to do it anymore and was probably making excuses.

*Interview*

She sounds ridiculous what with how hard she's trying to rationalize why she doesn't want to do it. That "integrity as an artist" line is particularly baloney; had they forked over more money, integrity wouldn't be an issue. Blegh.

Welp, here's hoping Yoko cook up a real epic orchestral piece for KHIII. That or have Angela Aki sing the opening theme—she's just as good, if not better.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
She sounds ridiculous what with how hard she's trying to rationalize why she doesn't want to do it. That "integrity as an artist" line is particularly baloney; had they forked over more money, integrity wouldn't be an issue. Blegh.
This, oh this so, so, so much

KH2 has the best opening. It summed up KH1 and Com nicely, the graphics were great, the song was awesome

BBS I loved the bits of Vanitus holding his hand out to Ven, Aqua and Terra fighting, and Terra walking past Aqua as she puts her hand on her chest, and the TVA parts. The rest was just scenes from the Birth By Sleep secret ending spammed.

DDD opening looks cute and all but I didn't like they CGI figures they look like clay models. Didn't get why the put Xion and Axel in, just to be cool ig. I never got the book thing either. And I didn't care for the orchestrated version of the song. BUT the Xemnas and Riku, Sora fight was EPIC!!!!!! Best and favorite part of the opening.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
It's between KH2 and DDD. I guess I'd have to go with KH2. Maybe if I listened/watched to DDD's more than I'd go with that, but KH2's opening had a good summery of the past two games and Sanctuary is my favorite opening song.

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
I haven't seen the DDD opening, I'm waiting until I get the game. I have seen pics, though.
My favourite is KH2's. I thought KH1's opening was cute, and comes a close second. :3

Gram

Banned
Awards
i cant really decide which one out of BBS, kh1 Re:CoM or kh2 i like better :/ havent seen DDD's.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I went with birth by sleep, because it shows TAV a lot. Would have said Kingdom Hearts 2 but that's just because of the music. Liked listening to the music being in reverse in kh2 too. Still went with BBS in the end tho. Havent seen the DDD opening but is curious to see what it's like. Think I've even seen a few gifs or pics of small parts of the opening tho or at least I suspect that I have and that they're from DDD.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
i cant really decide which one out of BBS, kh1 Re:CoM or kh2 i like better :/ havent seen DDD's.

No need to thank me! :)

(That thumbnail he used for the video is very misleading)

[video=youtube;g7ZZl-X8WwY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7ZZl-X8WwY[/video]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back