• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which Kingdom Hearts opening is your favorite?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Favorite Kingdom Hearts opening

• Kingdom Hearts

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Kingdom Hearts II

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • Kingdom Hearts com

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Kingdom hearts Birth by sleep

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

Votes: 29 40.3%
  • Kingdom Hearts Coded

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Mix 1 or 2

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I dont have a favorite...

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
KH2's would have to be my favorite opening sequence. I just love the composition and editing that went into it, plus "Passion/Sanctuary" was perfectly coordinated with the imagery (dat guitar riff with Sora leaping from the Paopu Tree, gorgeous).

DDD would probably be my favorite if they had used "Passion/Sanctuary," (or even P/S orchestral) though. I just don't think the "Hikari" orchestral theme makes much sense and while it gave me Xion in beautiful CGI, it just felt...lacking, somehow, once I saw the full thing.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
For me it's clearly Dream Drop Distance as the favorite up to now. Especially with that last scene where the main characters line up together after Mickey summons them from the book.

Second place would be tied between KH2 and BBS.

Shawty

Awards
I think the opening to DDD is beautiful, it really takes you in the game, you want to watch more... KH2's opening was really nice, too. There's no doubt in my mind that KH2 is my favorite game.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Here is DDD's opening in the best quality I could find
[video=youtube;-k1g765zMIM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k1g765zMIM&feature=g-vrec[/video]

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
It's not really spoilers to be honest, and they aren't spoiled unless they click the video. And if they do that's their own damn fault! :)

Not to mention the opening actually has nothing to do with DDD's story, so its not much of a spoiler anyway. It just sums up the past 6 games...but I guess I understand some people not wanting to watch it.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
She sounds ridiculous what with how hard she's trying to rationalize why she doesn't want to do it. That "integrity as an artist" line is particularly baloney; had they forked over more money, integrity wouldn't be an issue. Blegh.

Welp, here's hoping Yoko cook up a real epic orchestral piece for KHIII. That or have Angela Aki sing the opening theme—she's just as good, if not better.
Yeah, she probably just didn't want to be known as, "That KH theme singer", and wants to be recognized for songs other than Hikari/Simple and Clean and Passion/Sanctuary. Which is okay. But she has to remember that without those four songs, she wouldn't be nearly as popular in the U.S as she is now.
Angela Aki? YES. One thousand times yes. My favorite of hers is "Eyes on Me" -- ANGELA AKI - KOKORO NO SENSHI - 04) Eyes on Me - YouTube

axel95

Awards
It's a tie between KH2 and DDD. KH2's was just pure excellence, with the way it summed up KH1 and CoM and Sanctuary. DDD is really cool with the pages and finally getting to see Axel and Xion CG!

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I've seen the DDD opening, and while I love it, it'll have to stand the test of time before taking Kh2's place as my favorite opening.

XDownOnYou

DDD. I just love it when Mickey summons Roxas, Ventus, Terra and Aqua from the book and they all stand ready to fight. And I love the fact that they used Hikari Orchestra in the opening even more. The whole opening is just epic :3

White-Light

My favourite would be KH2's opening with BBS coming next as a close second.

(Haven't seen the DDD opening yet so I can't judge it, but from what I'm hearing it's amazing)

TerravsVentus

I love KH II's opening. I watched KH 3D's opening as well and KH II's just has more of an impact on me.

Roro

Awards
I liked KHII's opening especially when they were running up the stairs in Castle Oblivion I always thought that was the coolest part. I also like re:coded's because it summed up the series up until before DDD and the literally three second time frame where it shows what happened in days gets me everytime :0 KH3D's opening is probably going to be one of my favorites too ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back