• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHUX ► Which of the five unions is canon for each member of the Dandelions?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Has Nomura ever stated in a interview or at least hinted at which union each of the Dandelions belong to? The only thing I know is Ephemer is not in the same union as the player and the fact that Strelitzia and Elrena where in the same party, but I don’t know about anyone else.

Does anyone know which unions are considered canon for each of the characters? If it’s not been confirmed anywhere which union do you think each of them is from? I always thought Ventus was part of the Leopardus union because Gula reminds of Ventus for some reason.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Canon Unions have unfortunately never been discussed in an official capacity.

This is my personal assignment:

Ephemer/Skuld = Vulpes
Ventus = Leopardos
Brain = Ursus
Strelitzia/Lauriam/Elrena = Anguis

Ephemer introduces himself as being from a specific Union, so we know what he (and therefore Skuld, as they used to be in the same party) correspond to. I have a few reasons for believing Player to be in Unicornis, which would then put their BFFs in Vulpes.

(In case anyone is curious, the Player > Ephemer Union breakdown follows the following order:

Unicornis > Vulpes > Leopardos > Ursus > Anguis)

Ven being in Leopardos for the same reasons you have. I can't imagine Lauriam and Strelitzia to split up, and I feel like they would be more likely to choose Invi over Aced, so they get Anguis. That leaves Brain with Ursus for an even distribution among the cast, but also Aced is reminiscent of Terra who has a familial link to Eraqus, which then ties into the whole ancestry thing.

Last edited:

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
It was never discussed in the games; however, we do have the novel, which could be considered as secondhand canon. According to it, the player is from Anguis, and Ephemer is from Unicornis. We can safely assume the case is the same for Skuld, since it’s impossible to party with someone from a different union.

blank points

Awards
Yeah, as already mentioned, it's never really established. However, for the game canon anyway, I always thought that canon option for Player is Unicornis, with Vulpes for Ephemer. The main reason why I say this is because in the beginning recap montage in Back Cover, the scenes featuring the Foretellers in the main story feature Ira, which seems to hint to this being the case. In addition, it would make sense story wise for the reason Ephemer is friendly with Ava, because he would be a member of her union.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, as already mentioned, it's never really established. However, for the game canon anyway, I always thought that canon option for Player is Unicornis, with Vulpes for Ephemer. The main reason why I say this is because in the beginning recap montage in Back Cover, the scenes featuring the Foretellers in the main story feature Ira, which seems to hint to this being the case. In addition, it would make sense story wise for the reason Ephemer is friendly with Ava, because he would be a member of her union.
To add to this, Ava disguises herself as Ira for Vulpes players when they "infiltrate" the tower.

Aced challenges the Player to a battle in the fountain plaza after asking them what Union they're from. Player being from Unicornis would undoubtedly set him off due to how much he and Ira are at odds with each other. It'd make sense why Ira would then go to confront him, to protect one of his wielders.

And in the Keyblade War, there are only four canon encounters with the Foretellers, with the Foreteller of your own Union being skipped. Invi, Gula and Ava's battles are all unique, but Ira and Aced's battle sequences are redundant: either Aced is wailing on the Player and Ira interrupts to protect them, or Ira attacks Player and Aced interrupts to get that battle he craves. Only one of these scenarios needs to happen, and the one vs Aced is more likely and in character than the other.

Last edited:

LoneFox

Awards
Lauriam and Strelitzia were not in the same union.

First, consider personalities of Lauriam and Elrena. He is one of the top wielders of his union, while she is a bully. It seems obvious to me that these two would have known each other quite well if they were in the same union. Likely, some of the less strong wielders would have asked Lauriam to protect them from Elrena's bullying. But when they met after the war, it is clear that they didn't know each other beforehand. So, they must have been in different unions. Strelitzia on the other hand was in the same union as Elrena, since they were doing missions together.

Second, why did Lauriam join the Dandelions? While he might not like the idea of a war, he would still have seen the it as an opportunity for himself. If Strelitzia is in the same union, that is also a reason to stay in, to protect her. But if they were in different unions, then there is a risk that they end up having to fight against each other, and that gives him a good reason to join.

Then, a few other observations:
  • Ava and Brain knew each other very well from the start, so Brain was obviously in Vulpes.
  • My headcanon puts Ven in Unicornis. I don't think the keyblade would have chosen Ven as a wielder on its own, at least not at such a young age. The Master of Masters probably made it happen, because Ven has an important role in his plan. Then he would have assigned one of the Foretellers to take care on Ven until the war happens. The ones best suited for this would be Ava and Ira. But we know it wasn't Ava, because Ven himself said that he didn't know her.
  • Lauriam's attitude, especially in the Siblings scene, is very similar to what Aced would teach to the members of his union.
  • I don't think that Ephemer and Skuld were in Vulpes. I see that majority of the regular Dandelions would belong in one of two big groups. First, wielders from Ava's own union would have found it much easier to join than others, because they didn't need to worry about betraying their old leader. Second, there is the group recruited by Skuld, who are mostly from the same union she was in. If that is also Vulpes, then the Dandelions are essentially Vulpes v2.0, which is surely not what the Master of Masters intended.
And before anyone else points it out, I'm aware that I'm probably going into way more detail here than what Nomura himself has ever thought about this.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
First, consider personalities of Lauriam and Elrena. He is one of the top wielders of his union, while she is a bully. It seems obvious to me that these two would have known each other quite well if they were in the same union. Likely, some of the less strong wielders would have asked Lauriam to protect them from Elrena's bullying. But when they met after the war, it is clear that they didn't know each other beforehand. So, they must have been in different unions. Strelitzia on the other hand was in the same union as Elrena, since they were doing missions together.

How on earth did you get the impression that Elrena is a bully? There was literally no implication of that.

LoneFox

Awards
How on earth did you get the impression that Elrena is a bully? There was literally no implication of that.
"Since when do you care about others?" —Elrena's Chirithy
Also her personality as Larxene in other games. Maybe "bully" is not exactly the right word, but she definitely is a troublemaker.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Also her personality as Larxene in other games. Maybe "bully" is not exactly the right word, but she definitely is a troublemaker.

Preferring to not get involved with others does not make someone a bully or a troublemaker. Fact of the matter is, there's no evidence Elrena was toxic or abusive towards others.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Found it! God I have way too many books in my kindle.

84DBAA17-2903-4571-BB88-365DA72444C0.jpeg
Please feel free to remove it if it’s not allowed.
while she is a bully.
Wut?

Again, wut? Larxene, yes, but she’s like, the side effect of trauma. The original thing has very little detail, except that she experienced a great loss, and before that, tended to use polite speech when speaking to others (or at least to Lauriam).

LoneFox

Awards
except that she experienced a great loss,
"Wut?" :p
She lost her memory, like everyone did when they arrived to the modern timeline, but to my knowledge there is no evidence that she has had any other traumatic experience.
and before that, tended to use polite speech when speaking to others (or at least to Lauriam).
That's because he is one of the leaders, and also because she finds him attractive.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Larxene is definitely a bully but from what we’ve seen of Elrena she isn’t one. Elrena comes across a character who is polite and is a nice person however she comes across as not being very good at interacting with other people which is probably why she keeps to herself in my opinion. Also she actually seems genuinely worried when she sees the hologram of Strelitzia and does actually seem to care judging by that reaction and the fact that she’s actually helping Lauriam which surprises her Chirithy, all this stuff doesn’t make me believe that Elrena is mean or a bully.

Her personality is pretty much opposite of Larxene and other than her appearance the only thing I’ve seen that resembles Larxene is this line

Chirithy: “Since when do you care about other people”
Elrena: “oh, whatever” which she says looking slightly annoyed at her Chirithy.

Also apparently according to Lauriam it seems that Strelitzia mentioned Elrena before and given that he knows her name if Elrena was a bully who picked on his sister I don’t think Lauriam would of spoken to her as nicely as he did and I don’t think Strelitzia would want to go on missions with a bully either.

yuyayuzu

Awards
I thought it is never shown that Elrena being a bully in the game? Larxene is a bully of course but since Lauriam and Marluxia can have different personality, why the same can also be applied with Elrena and Larxene?

The line just means that she is usually not interested in other people , why do you think she is a bully just by this line? I think a troublemaker or a bully is the one who will keep meddling with other people. We don't know Elrena enough yet for sure but she is nothing like Larxene based only on the scenes in UX

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Bumping this to add more evidence of canon Unicornis from the latest story update:

MoM's monologue doesn't reflect the Player's actual Union, and instead defaults them to Unicornis.

1617243741951.png

Last edited:

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
They're covering all the bases, it seems. In the novel the player is Anguis, and here, it seems to be Unicornis, no matter the Union. Even the appearance varies. In BC, we get a blue-haired boy in gray, and in DR, we get a brunette boy in yellow.

Back