• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which Path is your Favorite?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which is your favorite path?

• Choose Sword/Sacrifice Shield

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Choose Sword/Sacrifice Staff

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Choose Staff/Sacrifice Sword

• Choose Staff/Sacrifice Shield

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Choose Shield/Sacrifice Sword

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Choose Shield/Sacrifice Staff

• Total voters

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Speaking out of personal preferences and ignoring gameplay... I like picking Shield and dropping Staff, seems like the in-character choice for Sora especially after hearing each item's description.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I don't care to much about the choice in regards to gameplay since I don't really notice anything substantial. So I just go with what felt appropriate and will give Sora the sword since Goofy uses a shield and Donald the staff. I tend to drop staff, but just because.

Murrdogg93

I don't care to much about the choice in regards to gameplay since I don't really notice anything substantial. So I just go with what felt appropriate and will give Sora the sword since Goofy uses a shield and Donald the staff. I tend to drop staff, but just because.

According to research, choosing the weapons affects your stats as well as obtaining certain abilities at certain level ups.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Usually I choose Staff and sacrifice the Sword. That's what I'm naturally drawn towards, but most of the time in KH2 I'll choose Shield and sacrifice Staff since magic is pretty useless in KH2.

Murrdogg93

Usually I choose Staff and sacrifice the Sword. That's what I'm naturally drawn towards, but most of the time in KH2 I'll choose Shield and sacrifice Staff since magic is pretty useless in KH2.

I personally never got the opportunity to play any Kingdom Hearts game, but I've heard good things. So I was curious on other's preferred paths.

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
For most of my playthroughs of the original game I always took the Sword and dropped the Shield, though for my experiences with the ReMIX versions on both PS3 and PS4, I instead took the Staff but continued to drop the Shield, as I found great value in learning Ripple Drive before getting off of Destiny Islands with the boost in MP.

Since the choice in KH2 doesn't affect your stats at all, just the order you learn your Abilities in, I've taken to picking the Shield now. You get Second Chance and Once More the earliest out of the three, and the only thing you really miss out on for most of the game is Thunder Boost, which you don't get until you hit 99.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I typically choose the Staff and sacrifice the Shield to burn through enemies. I'm drawn to the magic-user aspect, but I hack-n'-slash on occasion. This playthrough though (my first KHFM Proud Mode / 1.5 run) I actually sacrificed the Sword instead. I'm kindof digging it! Not really meeting much resistance yet, but, hey, I'm only in Wonderland. What you sacrifice doesn't make as much of an impact as what you choose anyways.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I typically go for Sword and drop Staff. I use magic attacks once in awhile, but the keyblade is my go-to.

Neo_

Awards
Based on IGN's walkthrough, choosing the shield and sacrificing the sword gives you the most between strength, defense, MP, AP and max item slots; I chose that cause defense wins championships, and Cure is also important in that same way - when I was younger I probably chose the staff cause it looked coolest or the sword because, well, you know...

Back