• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which Pixar world in KH3 did it better, Toy Story or Monster's Inc.?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which Pixar world in KH3 did it better, Toy Story or Monster's Inc.?

• Toy Box

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Monstropolis

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
As specified in the thread title, which one of these two was the better overall world to you? I just had another playthrough of KH3 this past week. Both these worlds have their pros and cons as well as their similarities. I am curious as to what my fellow Kingdom Hearts fans here have to say about it.

Which world had the better original plot for the world?
Which had the better world music? Best battle music?
Which had the better level design?
Which had the better party members and team up moves?
Which one had the better end boss battle?
Which one had the better "taking down the bad guy" moment between Woody roasting Young Xehanort and Sully completely man handling Vanitas?
Which world gave Sora, Donald, and Goofy the best "alternate costume" design? Is Toy Sora better? Or is it Monster Sora?

Case in point, which one holds the trophy as the best of the Pixar worlds in Kingdom Hearts 3?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Like almost across the board Toy Story was done better.

Level design: Galaxy of Toys is the first world that felt like a proper realization of KH with PS4 hardware: a huge open environment that the player can get lost in for hours. Monster's Inc. felt like I was playing a dungeon more than a world. Always linear & you don't get to go out into the city. TS also had the mech piloting, for which MI ad no equivalent of.

Bosses: Both are disappointing in not having a proper Disney boss, but Toybox did have a few mini-bosses like the UFO & Angelic Amber. Monstropolis is 1 of the only worlds in KH3 with just a single boss, & it was a LONG one. Lump of Horror drags on for way too long IMO.

Party: Buzz had a working laser, debate over. Who the heck would want Mike in a fight anyways?

Villain takeover: I think more people talk about Woody's pwnage of YX then they do Sully yeeting Vanitas. So that basically wins by overall impact it left on players.

Sora's costume: Yeah ok, Monsters wins this one. Toy was such a let down design wise.

So in conclusion: Ratatouille.

disney233

Awards
Villain takeover: I think more people talk about Woody's pwnage of YX then they do Sully yeeting Vanitas. So that basically wins by overall impact it left on players.

So in conclusion: Ratatouille.
You'd be surprised how much of a trend Yeetus Vanitas has gotten. Both of them are equal in villain takeover.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Plot: Toy Box did contribute to the replica program while Monstropolis only helped Vanitas restore his heart. Point goes to Toy Box
Music: Monstropolis' battle theme was more memorable to me than Toy Box's. Plus the boss theme being a remix of the one used in BBS was a huge plus for me(which is one of my all time favorites). Point goes to Monstropolis
Level Design: Toy Box easily. It had more layout and diversity with Andy's neighborhood and the different stores in Galaxy Toys. If only Monstropolis included the actual city as well
Party Members: Toy Box again. Buzz and Woody's team missile attack was really fun.
End Boss: While Monstropolis only had one boss I liked its design better than the giant spaceship. Even though Randall wasn't a bass at least he was included. I always hated that Zurg was left out. Point goes to Momstropolis
Take Down bad buy moment: Sully chucking Vanitas was the funnier of the two for me. Who would have guessed a Disney character could have such an impact on an OC villain(outside of MDG)
Character Designs: SDG's monster forms are my favorite transformations in the series so far.

So I guess my main point is that both Pixar worlds fail and succeed in different ways, lol

D

Deleted member 252753

Toy Box was my favourite world in the series and that was mainly because I really liked its story and writing. I liked how Buzz came to be taken over by darkness because of his fear of being taken over by darkness and how his anxiety was shown up to being taken over, like after defeating Angelic Amber (I still find the way she becomes lifeless really creepy). Plus, Young Xehanort is one of my favourite villains and I love his dialogue and Benjamin Diskin brings out his sarcasm and subtle menace really well. I thought the final confrontation looked amazing with all the darkness swirling about. I get how people would find the plot weird and YX making a copy of the world is really random but I think it's a good original story.

Conversely, the story in Monstropolis is quite simple and not so creative. You need get Boo home and defeat Randall and there aren't really any twists or turns or moments I particularly liked up until Vanitas appears at the end. I did like the idea of Vanitas harvesting children's screams, but would have liked him to appear earlier in the world and maybe interact with Randall a bit.

My only criticism of the Toy Box plot is that I don't think it does fit into the main plot very well, as an experiment for placing a heart in replicas/Xion. YX places darkness in Buzz by separating him from Andy and playing on his doubts and fears. That's not what happens with Xion, they simply get a version of her without memories to use as a vessel so none of this psychological stuff comes into play. I think San Fransokyo is a better parallel for Xion.

Rant over. I vote Toy Box.

Kirankrt

Toy Box. There felt like a more creative storyline where the Organisation actually felt like the main threat. Plus the mistrust Buzz had with Sora was a great case of reality ensuing with the cliche 'world order' being broken. Something I feel like the other games just ignore completely.

Only criticism was that hype up around Dark Buzz and we don't get to fight him.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I vote Toy Box. I find it the best Disney/Pixar world in KH3. The plot's original, Galaxy Toys is incredible and I actually like they made it instead of just staying in Andy's house the whole level, I love all the toy designs in Galaxy Toys it was very creative and amazing to play in. It looked like a toy store I would personally want to go to as a kid.

The battle music was great in both worlds. Two of my favorites. Monstropolis is like my second favorite world in KH3 because I enjoyed the dynamic between SDG with Mike and Sully. However SDG had just as good a dynamic with Buzz and Woody. Buzz's storyline was nice and unique since Disney characters normally just follow their movie plot. A nice change of pace.

For the bad guys and bosses, I like the Angelic Amber doll the most. Very fun battle and the arena to fight her in let's you get creative. Lump of Horror is kinda meh for me, but not a bad fight. As far as the characters vs the Organization, I give that to Sully. Never since Belle elbowing Xaldin has there been such a cool moment then Sully and Mike getting rid of Vanitas via their doors. Very creative, funny, and awesome. Woody 'roasting' Young Xehanort doesn't even come close to that. Honestly Sora's had better burns against the Organization then that.

Both worlds were used well to show Vanitas's return with the clever use of screams, and to setup Xion and the Replicas being Xehanort's vessels. Toy Box overall wins it for me, but I love Monstropolis as well. Both entertained me in my playthroughs.

Keyblade07

Toy box altho wish they have let us fight the organization memebers in Disney worlds like kh2 I was excited for Vanitas or young xehanort fight, also randle should have been a boss fight but wasn’t, I still enjoyed both worlds.

Kirankrt

Toy box altho wish they have let us fight the organization memebers in Disney worlds like kh2 I was excited for Vanitas or young xehanort fight, also randle should have been a boss fight but wasn’t, I still enjoyed both worlds.

Honestly I wanted to fight Dark Buzz since they teased us with darkness and doubt spreading through Buzz.

Heck, Randall assisting the Lump would have been great as well.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
This is a tough one. Both were pretty damn good

- Better plot: Monstropolis - Vanitas using the negative emotions to bring himself back?= + Unversed - Genius
- Better field theme: Monstropolis (Lobby theme)
- Battle theme: Toy Box
- Level Design: Toy Box
- Final boss: Toy Box
- Party Members: Toy Box
- Org. member takedown: Monstropolis
- Costumes: Monstropolis

Both were pretty good but Toy Box beats Monstropolis for me. Way better level design and was much more visually appealing.The only thing I didn't like was all those damn mech battles. Really tedious in another wise great world.

Ink Ribbon

Awards
Better plot - Toy Story. Buzz falling to darkness and Yozora/Verum Rex being a thing was more impactful to the overall plot.
Better music - Monster's Inc. This was kind of tough since they're both good.
Better level design - Toy Story. I had more fun exploring the store and fighting in the mechs. Loved the little easter egg of everyone having a high pitched voice except Donald when they were by the helium tanks lol.
Better party members - Toy Story
Better end boss battle - Toy Story
Better organization member whoopin' - Monster's Inc. Vanitas getting his ass handed to him was freaking hilarious. Woody's verbal burn was good too though. I think as a whole, YX was better utilized as a villain and had more impact on Sora. Vanitas collecting screams made sense for his character but it didn't really go anywhere.
Better alternate costumes - Monster's Inc.

Going to have to go with Toy Story having a more interesting presentation than Monster's Inc, but both worlds are good. As always, I would've loved more. Like a possessed Buzz fighting alongside YX or a Randall mini-boss fight but it is what it is.

disney233

Awards
Which world had the better original plot for the world? - Toy Box: I kinda like the exploration of toys with hearts. I...can't really say Monstropolis had much of an impact, because all that was done there was trying to find Boo's door.

Which had the better world music? Best battle music? - Tie: You've Got a Friend in Me. The most ICONIC field music based off of another score. Monstropolis' music has that feeling of power and danger, and BOTH had AMAZING battle themes.

Which had the better level design? - Toy Box: Awesome to get lost in. A sense of adventure going from Andy's House to the entirety of Galaxy Toys. Whereas Monstropolis...is more of that dungeon feeling. Though it kinda fits that world of monsters vibe...it just doesn't feel as adventurous and more...claustrophobic, I guess.

Which had the better party members and team up moves? - Mike & Sully: I kinda like the idea of Mike being the destruction while Sully acts as the brawns. And I like how their team attack brings in EVERYONE...and tbh the Mike ball was just comical at best.

Which one had the better end boss battle? - Tie: Neither of them was really memorable, and something I can't say I...was all on the floor about.

Which one had the better "taking down the bad guy" moment - Mosntropolis:
5fa.gif

Do I seriously have to give my reason why when this gif says so for itself?

Which world gave Sora, Donald, and Goofy the best "alternate costume" design? Is Toy Sora better? Or is it Monster Sora? -Monstropolis: Monster Sora's adorable. Fite me.

Overall, these worlds aren't honestly as bad. The only complaint is Pixar not wanting their properties to be beaten up. Reasons why we can't have a Zurg and Randall boss fight. But I'd honestly say...they make good stories. However, Monstropolis had potential for door lore....but wasted, so Toy Story gets it for story.

Back