• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which Riku Got Norted Anyway?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which version of Riku do you think got Norted?

• Data Riku

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Riku Replica

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Possessed Riku brought from the past though time travel shenanigans

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • None/not actually Riku/KH3 Riku

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

redcrown

Awards
So, as the trailer dropped more mystery as usual and I've been wanting to make a poll for awhile, what Riku did you think Sora confronted in BH6 world in the trailer?

Edit: don't know why I added KH3 Riku to 4th option I'm tired and not thinking right.

This is basically asking what your first impression is just off the trailer we got. People will probably change their opinions once new hints come out or people have time to theorize it more. I just felt like seeing initial ideas.

Last edited:

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I hope it's just regular KH1 Riku with the time travelling, but part of me kinda hopes it's Repliku because if he is there then there's a chance for him to be saved, right? AND I WANT REPLIKU TO HAVE AT LEAST THIS CHANCE, all his existence was miserable in CoM and to this day I still feel very bad for him ; ^ ;

Alja

Sounds like Repliku to me. He has the antagonistic vibe that KH1 Riku only had after his Darkness-influence while Repliku has literally been programmed that way. Data-Riku on the other hand just exists peacefully (also keep the Data-characters in the Data-realm please, I don't need three Soras and three Rikus and three Roxases and two Naminés running around).

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I'm going with either Repliku or Riku-Ansem for this question. I don't know why everyone is thinking it's Data Riku, those blocks are probably just constructs made by microbots gone rogue. If they were actually the blocks from Coded, wouldn't they have reused their design?

JustSnilloc

- Riku Replica: We've already seen non-norted versions of him in KH3 trailers.
- Riku (KH1): This is basically the form that Ansem SoD is supposed to be using.
- Data Riku: He's in the same world as the data blocks wearing the same outfit.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
What if it is the data of Riku-Ansem rather than Data Riku?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Which version of Riku became a Xehanort vessel?

Riku possesed by Ansem from Kingdom Hearts? Riku Replica? Data Riku/Jiminy's Journal? Only in Kingdom Hearts are we able to see three variants of the same character be entirely different in nature.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Re: Which version of Riku became a Xehanort vessel?

Probably Data Riku due to the bugs from Coded. Xehanort must have gotten the data worlds somehow.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Data Riku, but not the Journal personification. The data of Riku’s KH1 self that they showed us those mysterious entries/cutscenes of.

D

Deleted member 246005

SoD possessed Riku but between Hollow Bastion and the End of the World(s). KH3 Riku inspired his younger self to make amends in a time-winey fashion.

Honestly any of the three choices could but I think him being Riku Replica would be less confusing.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

its repliku, if they are gonnna use xion I cant see how its not him

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
My first thought was Data Riku and things so far seem to lean toward that. It'd also explain why Young Xehanort knew of the Datascape when talking to Sora in DDD even though there where no norts around. Now how they got hold of Data Riku on the other hand....

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

SoD possessed Riku but between Hollow Bastion and the End of the World(s). KH3 Riku inspired his younger self to make amends in a time-winey fashion.

Agreed with this one, although I presume Riku's time as a vessel could trace back to when he met the Robed Figure during the night of the storm, in a way mirroring Young Xehanort first becoming a vessel. When Ansem talked about someone possibly wavering from his path, he may have been talking about Riku, given the written history of Riku's redemption. From a narrative point of view, I think Riku-Ansem being the vessel would provide the most interesting content to develop Riku's story by exploring his innate desire for power that he's held since childhood.

Laurel

Awards

I wonder if it's some kind of illusion formed from Sora's fear of Riku turning back to the dark? But then again, Norted Riku has KH1 Riku's hairstyle so it's probably the replica, or Vexen made another clone because we don't have enough characters who look alike already?

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence

Considering the presence of the Bug Blox in the area from an earlier part of the trailer, I'm bound to believe it's most likely to be Data-Riku, in one form or another. And even if that wasn't the case, I'm more inclined to think it could be KH1 Riku over the Replica.

I have no gripes with the Replica himself, but more with this bizarre longing people have for him to return. The Riku Replica had his time in Chain of Memories' story, and his time has long since been over; he faded away, and nothing but time travel could bring him back. It's not like Xion, who returned to Sora because she possessed a part of his memories, the Replica had nowhere to return to because he wasn't made of memories, just data. His was a sombre story of a replica longing to be more than it was; and when he accepted what he was, he faded away.
I'd personally rather not see a character, who has no real issues to resolve, brought back just so he can suffer a bit more by being manipulated by Xehanort.

I apologise for going off-topic here, but I wanted to take the opportunity to voice my thoughts while the chance was there.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards

The line he says in the trailer is not indicative of Data-Riku's personality (he's even more stoic than the real Riku[seriously watch how he reacts to Chip & Dale panicking]) whatsoever, imo. I would personally say that it's definitely Repliku for a few reasons:

Firstly, the data blocks were briefly shown to be coming from the dark Beymax during the on rails section (while your riding Beymax). It was brief, and easy to miss, but definitely still there. They also behave similarly to microbots, as well being comparable in size to them. This coupled with the fact that one of the dark Beymax's hands is made up of something similar (Both in the trailer & the concept art), makes this the most likely scenario in my mind.

Secondly, the line "we're always trying to one up each other", sounds similar to things Repliku said when he had is memories jacked. His non serious smile also implies the whole situation was (at least to him) nothing but a competition between him and Sora. It's also quite a coincidence that the ones who made the decision to meddle with his memories in the first place are also norted alongside him (i.e. Larxene; Vexen).

Thirdly, we see Siax... bafflingly approach Lea a top the Twilight Town clock tower of all places. If there's even the slightest chance that they have a semi- peaceful or positive conversation (where they reminisce; comfort each other; make some secret plan; etc.) then you can make a pretty strong argument for Repliku and Riku doing the same thing, potentially to an even greater extent.

Fourthly, the data scape was rendered within the computer of Disney Castle which (edit: unlike Ansem's computers) is incapable of materializing any form of code (though Riku can pull you into it and send you out of it, there's no indication he could do this to himself). After Maleficent specifically infiltrated Disney Castle for the sole purpose of obtaining the journals, I'm pretty confident they would be well guarded. And before you say, "Maleficent getting in was a one time thing due to Xehanort's revival, now they can just rely on the Cornerstone of Light to keep the darkness away," please explain how that wouldn't also keep Xehanort away? He has an even stronger connection to the darkness than Maleficent and would likely have just as much trouble. Not to mention no one knows where the journals that render the Datascape are kept in the first place, or else Maleficent would never have held Minnie hostage to get to it.

As for his eyes, I'd imagine it's a similar thing to Marluxia's initial reveal (remember we only saw Repliku in one other trailer one time).

Anyways, that's my two cent. I personally hope it's not Data- Riku though, i just can't see him behaving this way, especially after the many, MANY things he said and did regarding the threat of the bugs during Re: coded (he was filled with journal's data for a reason yall). I'd also love for it NOT to be Repliku either, but if I had to chose.....

Last edited:

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

Data-Riku was just a personification of the journal itself, right? I'm not even sure how Xehanort could begin to possess that but 1.) nothing in this game makes sense, really and 2.) maybe I'm blanking on stuff that happened in Coded and Data-Riku is more significant than I remember. Maybe Maleficent and Pete messing with the journal was a part of Xehanort's plan all long and they provide him with the information from the data-scape, somehow. The presence of the bugs seems to indicate that Data-Riku is the vessel.

Real-Riku already had his time in darkness and redeemed himself, I don't know why we have to go back in time to relive that redemption arc in KHIII with his younger self.

So my vote (wish?) is for Repliku. Like Xion, Namine, Roxas, and the others -- his character had a tragic ending, he was full of hurting, and needs someone to "mend" him, which is what a large part of Sora's journey is supposed to be about this time around. Righting the wrongs that left past characters less-than-whole.

JustSnilloc

I just saw this brought up elsewhere, but it could be Ansem, Seeker of Darkness taking Riku's form like he did at the end of KH1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back