• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which Sequel/Prequel would you like to see?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
and you're not allowed to say ff13-4 cos it's obvious we all want to see that

Last edited:

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
Re: Which Sequel/Prequel would [i]you[/i] like to see?

I wouldn't mind a sequel to VI but I think itd be kinda lame cause Magic no longer exists in the wkrld after you defeat Kefka.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
A prequel/sequel to FF3 where you play as the Dark Warriors set to take out the light that is now more powerful than the darkness.

I just like this idea because we always see it as warriors of light taking out a great darkness, but never the other way around. Especially not when it's still for the good of the world. And it's mentioned in FF3 that this has happened so it's not like it would be out of the blue.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

A Final Fantasy VIII sequel that fixes the eternal time loop set forth by the original game.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

I think Final Fantasy XII deserves a director's cut by Matsuno, if that counts.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

I would love a IX sequel, not because there's anything left to tell, but just because I love those characters. Of course, it would never be as good as the first because the same people probably wouldn't be involved and two of the best characters would be dead, so... Maybe not?

Besides that--X or XII? I wouldn't be opposed to a sequel/prequel/remake of any of the games, really.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
A prequel/sequel to FF3 where you play as the Dark Warriors set to take out the light that is now more powerful than the darkness.

I just like this idea because we always see it as warriors of light taking out a great darkness, but never the other way around. Especially not when it's still for the good of the world. And it's mentioned in FF3 that this has happened so it's not like it would be out of the blue.

This one. This one's right on the mark.

Otherwise:
-FFX, Braska's pilgrimage is something I'd really like.
-FFVII, while I detest how it became a franchise on its own, I must admit I'm still curious what their plans were for the cliffhanger from Dirge of Cerberus.
-I'm officially in love with the world(s) of FFV and I'd really like to return to it. Either the Dawn Warriors fight against Exdeath, or the ancient battle against Enuo. I will only accept the same type of localisation as the Advance version though.
-War of the Magi.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Dissidia, just more Dissidia. V-2

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

Dissidia, just more Dissidia. V-2

Can't believe I left that one out. I think most people would like another one on current gen devices. There's still so much potential and so many characters that could be a lot of fun to play. I wouldn't mind a Dissidia per generation.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I wouldn't mind a PS4 version of Dissidia, with more characters and no story mode. I've mentioned this idea in the Dissidia thread before, but I'd gladly see the nonsense story mode be replaced by a traditional arcade mode and then have a brand new unique ending FMV for all characters that tied in with their respective canon storylines. If you finish the game with Celes for example, you could perhaps be treated with the opera scene from VI completely redone with modern graphics, or maybe if see the a longer wedding scene for Garnet and Zidane if you finished the game as the latter character. That would some really nice fan service.

Tempus

Awards
With my Amiibo horde...they're mine I tell you! Al
*Spoilers for I and Dissidia Duodecim!*
I'd like to see a sequel to I. After what we learned about the back story of I from Origins and Dissidia, it would be a sequel for both and a prequel to Dissidia as well. I'd like to see a story set a few centuries into the future of Cornelia and Melmond. As no one remembers the deeds of the warriors from I, that story could be retold with modern capabilities during flashbacks that happen through out the sequel. The ending could prevent the time loop that created the Dissidia universe in the first place, allowing for a reset of that universe. Best of all, it would be an amazing opportunity to FINALLY use Amano's art in-game.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
*Spoilers for I and Dissidia Duodecim!*
I'd like to see a sequel to I. After what we learned about the back story of I from Origins and Dissidia, it would be a sequel for both and a prequel to Dissidia as well. I'd like to see a story set a few centuries into the future of Cornelia and Melmond. As no one remembers the deeds of the warriors from I, that story could be retold with modern capabilities during flashbacks that happen through out the sequel. The ending could prevent the time loop that created the Dissidia universe in the first place, allowing for a reset of that universe. Best of all, it would be an amazing opportunity to FINALLY use Amano's art in-game.

Yeah..., I rather a classic not be tainted with modern Square's writing ability. The stuff in those Dissidia reports are just ludicrous.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Dissidia.

Besides the MMO's I dont think the main series should not have sequels.

KHRULER

Awards
But I wanted to say FFXIII-4 Dx I have like an addiction to this series.I watch the cutscenes every chance I get.In fact,Im listening to Charice New World right now.:3

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I would really not mind a third FFX installment. Not sure if that's still on the table, but as a FFX fanboy, I have to go for that one over most. FFXII-3 wouldn't be half bad either. Better story and more fluid gameplay=me want nao!

BlueKey777

Banned
What about a spin off of FF7 but you play as sephiroth haha!! But seriously It could run alongside crisis core's story arc (which I personally enjoyed)

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
What about a spin off of FF7 but you play as sephiroth haha!! But seriously It could run alongside crisis core's story arc (which I personally enjoyed)

As a joke, playing as Sephiroth would be pretty funny for a bit. I do like the idea of another Crisis Core-type of game. CC was so good. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back