• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► Which version the Organization do you prefer: New Organization XIII vs Old Organization XIII?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Guernsey

Awards
I remember when I was growing up, I really enjoyed the mini boss squad concept of some of the shonen series I actually watched. I really how the characters bounced off each other and how they really come to together as a unit. Organization XIII was one of them althought they overstay their welcome, I really liked them as a concept and as characters. With that said however which version of the Organization do you prefer?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think both Xemnas' and Xehanort's Organization XIII had their own respective pros and cons. But I think I lean more towards the first one.

They have three games to show member interactions and how their operations worked while the second one was kind of lacking in those areas

Vulpes XIII

Awards
The original Organization XIII is the best in my opinion. Apart from a few members the old Organization XIII was really interesting and entertaining in my opinion. As for the Real Organization XIII I was only really interested in a few members all the rest were uninteresting in my opinion as I really don’t care one bit about characters like Terra- Xehanort and the evil Riku Replica ( although I did like the good version of Riku Replica).

I didn’t like what they did with some of the characters like Larxene and Marluxia and the idea of them willingly obeying Xehanort as I find it kind of hard to believe that the two people who wanted overthrow the old Organization would want to be apart of the new one it just doesnt fit their characters in my opinion. Although one thing I liked about the new Organization is their interactions with each other for example seeing Xemnas and Ansem work together was cool and it was nice to see Larxene and Marluxia actually have a conversation with each other given their “partners in crime” dynamic. Also Demyx and Larxene interacting with each other was hilarious I couldn’t stop laughing.

Although the original Organization XIII is my favourite I’ll admit the group had some flaws as well.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
The problem with the real Org XIII is not inherent to the members themselves (all the characters are great), but more in that we never actually really see them interact! I never got a sense of cohesion or group dynamic from them, which obviously cannot be said for the original Organization. It was more just a collection of individual villains we know from separate contexts.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think the second one has the better roster of characters. But it's like there was little interaction between them in 3. Don't get me wrong, KH2 was terrible with the interaction between characters, too. It took additional FM scenes and Days to fix that, and they're still lacking (especially the CoM crew's relationship to the others). So, Idk....

I think other than keeping Luxord around (Secret Ending relevance be darned) instead of the superior Xaldin, they picked all the right choices for the Organization in 3, so that's the reason I pick that one.

Dark Rot

Awards
The old one! Because there was some novelty to it, the coats still had some edge, and meeting a new person, it was like, oooh. Who's this guy? Xaldin was great too, and such a standout bossfight. Everyone having a unique weapon and element is a nice touch. I love the fight against Lexaeus in 2FM and his mission with Roxas in Days. Even though the ultimate plot of Xemnas' Org had a big cloudy spot (by what mechanism are they drawing the hearts Sora defeats to their artificial KH? Is the castle doing it?) it had more symbolic value as an ORGANIZATION, and Days expanded even more on that, on what it is to be organized, used, and the kind of personalities that fosters. Xemnas also put up a more fabulous finale.

So just doing the same thing, same coats, most of the same guys, it was a disappointment in context. And all the new members were who you'd expect. They had the advantage of being able to nab Xehanort from any point in time, yet didn't feature a "prime Xehanort" around 40-50 years old, or something freakin weird!! Throw a monster in there... I would have liked some of their fights spread throughout the game. Would have fit the chess theme more too.

I don't dislike the idea of gathering 13 darkened hearts for another big apocalyptic ritual, but I wish Xehanort had thought of something flashier, had been more creative and ambitious in his choice of minions. Everyone should have had new outfits, too. That alone would have given their fights so much more visual flair and distinction. I know he ultimately just needed some dark-primed bodies to puppeteer. If they do another dark conspiracy of 13 in another KH (and I wouldn't mind), I hope each member is very unique and have their own agendas and trajectories.

AR829038

Awards
The original, of course. But it's hardly fair to compare the two. The members of the original Org were with each other for well over a year, and they each got a lot of time to know each other and develop dynamics. The new Org was cobbled together at the last minute right before the Keyblade War. In-group dynamic and long-term relationships were never a consideration in their construction. Xehanort needed bodies, end of story. In the context of the story, that rationale works fine, but the unavoidable consequence is that they are just less interesting as a group. Although we did get SOME interesting interactions. Luxord and Xigbar made for an interesting little background rivalry, and seeing Ansem and Xemnas communicate with each other was surreal. Of course, the members of the old Org preserve their original dynamic, so that helps. But for the most part, all of the members' dynamics and relationships basically kept to the other members that already shared history with each other (the Nobodies, Terra-Xehanort and Vanitas, Saix and Xion, and the norts. The only odd pairing out was Xigbar and Dark Riku, which was strange, but a welcome change of pace.)

alolansentret

Awards
I for sure liked the original one better, it just had a lot more charm and it was cool to see how all of these different people made their own little niches and had their own friend groups/relationships within the organixation. I think the reason I don't like the new one as much is just cuz we didn't spend a lot of time with them as a whole and already knew what a lot of the relationships between the characters were. There was nothing bad about it roster-wise tho, I still love all of the characters.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The problem with the real Org XIII is not inherent to the members themselves (all the characters are great), but more in that we never actually really see them interact! I never got a sense of cohesion or group dynamic from them, which obviously cannot be said for the original Organization. It was more just a collection of individual villains we know from separate contexts.
This was also an issue with the old Org in KH2. Pre-FM at least.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
As stated above, it's unfair to even compare the two. The original Organization XIII is better in almost everyway. They also had about two and a half games to flesh them out, while the 13 Seekers of Darkness do not. TWTNW is a better base then the Keyblade Graveyard. I personally found the goal of the original Organization better then the 7 vs 13 clash, because it's rules were not established very well. The politics of the old Organization were so interesting and fun to follow. I loved learning about the hierarchy of the group in Days. Who was on top and who was on the bottom, how they treat members, who is allowed to know the big secrets and who is left in the dark to follow orders. The backstabbing, the planning everything.

Most of the original Organization members were bad guys, not these misplaced good guys. When you make all your villains switch sides or become good in some way, it makes the ones that are suppose to be good in the Organization not stand out at all. Hardly any of the new Organization cared about the X-Blade. At least when it came to the making of the artificial Kingdom Hearts, every member of the original Organization was in agreement to fight for that cause to get their hearts. Even the traitors. Why the members with free will agreed to help Xehanort in his war I'll never know, if they don't want to be his vessels. And we never get to see Xehanort even address his group like Xemnas constantly did. Which was a shame since I was hoping ReMind would do that.

The 13 Seekers did do some things better such as their data boss fights. They blow the originals out of the water. We did get some new dynamics from them such as Vexen/Demyx and Luxord/Xigbar. I could go on about the lackluster performance of the 13 Seekers of Darkness but I'll end it with this. Xehanort should have just went with his 12 Replicas from the start.

Soldier

Awards
The original organization 13 is what I prefer, because realistically, it has the most diversity in terms of skillsets. Think about it:
A sniper that can warp his arrowguns around the battlefield and hang upside down like a bat.
A lancer with power over the wind,
and many other characters with various weapon types and elements. It's kind of like megaman, where everyone has their specific attribute and characteristic. Fighting them is more interesting than Xehanort with a different keyblade and power.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The new Organization falls short of being interesting because half of them are Xehanort (OK, yes, all of them are Xehanort, but you know what I mean). There's not enough to differentiate the personalities and skillsets of Master Xehanort, Young Xehanort, Xemnas, and Ansem.

disney233

Awards
This seems apparent for...just about any council of villains throughout KH. I mean, as much as I like the Disney villain council in 1, there's barely any dynamic or interaction between the group either. Seems the only interaction we got with them is just Hook screaming shut-up at Oogie. Other than that it's just...Maleficent. I gotta agree that the original Organization did this well. Also I'm a sucker at how unique each member of the OG Org is. They all have a unique element and weapon, whereas the new one, they just have...Keyblade or D A R K N E S S, Literally except for Marluxia, Larxene, and Luxord.

Jochira

Awards
It depends on the perspective... from a story perspective so did I generally prefer old more (but I liked some new members more than old), but if we go for battle perspective so did I prefer new more.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Definitely the original Organization XIII. Their gimmick of Nobodies wanting to be recompleted even through nefarious means gave them an emotional core that the Seekers of Darkness did not have. Add to the fact that the Seekers of Darkness did not interact outside of their familiars, where's the Larxene and Vanitas banter? Marluxia and Ansem, Seeker of Darkness interacting? Dark Riku and Xion? Even Master Xehanort doesn't directly converse with his younger self.

The one thing that the Seekers of Darkness do have over the original Organization XIII is how they were smartly implemented into the chosen Disney world's.

Back