• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Who Am I really?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guernsey

Awards
I went in another forum where they were discussing about something and one thing hit me "and joining a caus e will tell you who you are?". I don't what thread it was on but I wonder who I am exactly without all the stuff, people and body that I have and I can find a straight answer simply because nobody else can't tell me. It is one of those things where you have to find out for yourself who really are but will joining a cause, religion or any elsel tell you who you are?

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Self-exploration and introspection would be more effective, I'd imagine. That seems more reliable than hoping for an epiphany.

Last edited:

Guernsey

Awards
Well, will joining a cause, religion or etc. tell you who you are?

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Um... no, you have to figure that out for yourself, no religion or anything of the source will teach you that. Your life, so you control it, and with control you should be able to find things out for yourself; you may get a bit of guidance from your peers but in the end you decide.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
You should find out who you are with what you have know. Joining a religion will not help you find out who you are, because it will instead change you, and while you may find yourself the way you were back then, that's also the old you. So no, not religion.

C

Charlie

It's your responsibility to define who you are for yourself.
If you need a vessel of joining a group in order to discover that, then you need to spend time on your own for once.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
You are a person....earthling....human......modified ape. Whatever you wish to call yourself.

C

Charlie

That's such a ground basis of a definition.
You make it seem as if there's no substance to anyone beyond that.

Regardless if its intended to be sarcasm.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Because in reality, that is all there is to it. Those type of questions really have no substance. The question itself is abstract.

C

Charlie

What's your definition of substance?
Other than its scientific niche?

Awards
You're telling him "what" he is and not "who" he is.

youareew0.png

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Joining a cause, or being apart of something you believe is self satisfying can "help" determine who you are. However, there are more contributors leading to a self concept. Whether your indentity includes how you take care of your health, values and morals, strengths and weaknesses, or whatever, it is up to you to decide. You can't expect others to know who you are if you don't yourself. That's my belief anyway...

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Well, will joining a cause, religion or etc. tell you who you are?

How do you expect that to happen? You can't just join a random group of people and expect them to magically come up with the information you're looking for. Of course you can try, but I can't really imagine what you would want to gain from that.

I believe you should specify what you mean by "who you are" first, otherwise you'll just keep getting "you are [random insult]" replies by people who're desperately trying to be funny. You're really making it quite easy for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back