• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who do you want Sora's party member(s) in Shibuya to be?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Even with Nomura diddlying confusing me over which Shibuya the one in the secret ending is. Whether he just meant Sora's in the Underground or it's a different Shibuya entirely (why he'd even bother with the latter I don't know,) there would be only ONE reason for Sora to be in any Shibuya. And even if it turns out Sora isn't playing the Reaper's Game to come back to life, it'd be pretty boring if he travels the world by himself.

Whether he's playing the game or not, who do ya'll want to be Sora's party member(s)? Or do you want him to go at this alone?

As a side topic: What do you want Sora's entry fee to be if he is playing the Reaper's Game?

Admittedly, I maybe have next to no reason for the two who I want as Sora's game partners nor any clue what I'd want them to do.
....I maybe also want them because they both introduced new plot points and I feel like them dieing is just them avoiding responsibility. lol

I want...

Ansem and Xemnas. Also for this Reaper's Game to be three man teams because this is KH and KH like trios.

Given Sora's current condition, having any of Sora's friends as his party members here really wouldn't make sense and would ruin the whole point that Sora is gone.

But if he were to have characters he knows as partners, people who are already dead would be the better option. I'm also just a fan of hero/villain team ups.

I also still can't handle these beautiful men being gone. Give these dudes redemption like everyone else. :mad:

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I can think of a ton of FF characters that would be perfect to aid Sora in Shibuya. But with Nomura's current hard stance on them not appearing that's a no go.

On the subject of dead characters what about Vanitas? His dying breath was vowing to be Sora and Ventus' shadow. No reason that shadow couldn't lend a helping hand

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I was kind of hoping that Sora would rotate partners in each game, like The World Ends With You. I would prefer they rotate between The World Ends With You characters like Neku, Shiki, Beat, and Joshua rather than dead KH characters. Although I can see Riku Replica possibly being his partner and when Riku finds Sora, Repliku can tell him to "take care of her" before he truly dies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If it is TWEWY!Shibuya, it won't be Neku...his partner is Minamimoto.

So in that case I would hope it is Hype-chan, our soul survivor of the Inversion of Shinjuku.

If it is a new Shibuya, it is totally gonna be Neku.

Sora's Entry Fee would be his bonds with his friends. He values them above all else, and it is the one thing he still relied on in KH3 that literally sent him to his death and then his fall into the abyss. He hasn't learned that he is strong without his friends, so by disconnecting him from those bonds he can really examine himself as an individual.

Something like that would also play a major role if/when Riku follows after him somehow. If his bond to Riku is gone, how does he feel friendship with Riku if they run into each other? The only way this is possible is by regaining the lost bonds of friendship by winning the Game or developing new bonds. That in itself is an exciting yet frightening prospect when faced with what that would do to Riku who is nothing but devoted to Sora.

Nomura did make it clear with Pooh that Sora fears losing his connection to his friends, and in his pre-KH3 interviews he also made it clear that relationships can shift and change and that KH3's story would reflect that. I think this would very easily carry over into the next project, where Sora realizes that his friendships cannot be all that hold him up.

The thing about the Entry Fee is that it is always something one values the most but takes for granted or over-relies on. For Neku it is was his memories, for Shiki it was her individuality, for Beat it was his relationship with Rhyme as her brother which led to her memories being taken as the fee, and for Rhyme it was her dreams.

Sora is blinded by his belief that he is weak without his friends, and even though Riku helped to show him that he isn't weak, I don't think it was enough to really teach the lesson to him or even remotely drive it home.

(Bonus props to Nomura if Joshua "knows" of Sora because of his omniscience allowing him to peer into the "dreams" of his other selves, but uses that knowledge to mess with Sora)

SerDuncan

I want there to be a new and improved party system, if they do in fact visit TWEWY's Shibuya. One of the things that made the OG TWEWY so great, and that made the later remakes pale in comparison, was the unique, innovative, challenging, and yet incredibly rewarding party system, wherein you control Neku on the bottom screen with the stylus and his partner on the top screen with the D-pad. I love that system, and the remixes on iPhone and Switch just never recaptured the magic despite their best efforts. I would love to see Nomura and Square stretch themselves and come up with some kind of new party system. What would it be? I'm not quite sure, but I think after KH3 that the classic party system has hit it's peak and should be retired in favor of a new gameplay system.

With all that said, I think that utilizing multiple characters throughout the world would be the best choice. Perhaps Neku at one time, or Beat at another. Maybe even have Joshua drop in to assist every once and a while. Plus, there's a huge variety of interesting characters that would be fun to explore, like Shiki, Rhyme, Minanimoto, Shooter, Tin Pin Slammer, that Makoto dude, the Prince, Tin Pin Slammer, that one Ramen guy, that CEO who loves the Reaper's Game, Tin Pin Slammer....

Plus, why not have Tin Pin Slammer as a minigame? that could be cool.

eiczerofour

Sora's partner could be Yozora, and Riku's could be Demyx, who is revealed to be the Master of Masters.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I have a feeling that Dream Eaters could be the enemy group of Shibuya rather than heartless. If so I wouldn't mind Sora using Spirits again in the Reaper's game. People are already calling this DDD volume 2.

The Kid

Awards
Donald and Goofy
Riku and Mickey
Cloud and Tifa
Characters from TWEY (idk I haven't played those games)
Hell give me not!Noctis aka Yozora

Any of those combos would be cool. But seeing as we're probably getting another side game, it'll prob just be some dream eater type mechanic again lol. Although Riku will prob be playable

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I'm down with Neku. Maybe a rogue Reaper to make things interesting.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Seeing as Verum Rex is technically a video game, Ralph and Vanellope being party members would be creative. And if Riku is playable, have him get Fix-It Felix and Sargent Calhoun as party members for him.

I have a feeling that Dream Eaters could be the enemy group of Shibuya rather than heartless. If so I wouldn't mind Sora using Spirits again in the Reaper's game. People are already calling this DDD volume 2.

This would be perfect, We've been battling Heartless, Nobodies and Unversed thus far in native HD. Can't leave Dream Eaters out of the Kingdom Hearts III package.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Ugh, well yeah I wanted to say someone from TWEWY, but Nomura's comments on it in the Ultimania imply to me he is still more into OG KH characters (like Yozora) being around than actually have cameos and usages of Square characters he set up to be there lol.

I guess at this point I just hope there is a party at all. And its not just Dream Eaters...even tho they are cute.

If it is TWEWY!Shibuya, it won't be Neku...his partner is Minamimoto.
So in that case I would hope it is Hype-chan, our soul survivor of the Inversion of Shinjuku.

If it is a new Shibuya, it is totally gonna be Neku.

Sora's Entry Fee would be his bonds with his friends. He values them above all else, and it is the one thing he still relied on in KH3 that literally sent him to his death and then his fall into the abyss. He hasn't learned that he is strong without his friends, so by disconnecting him from those bonds he can really examine himself as an individual.

Something like that would also play a major role if/when Riku follows after him somehow. If his bond to Riku is gone, how does he feel friendship with Riku if they run into each other? The only way this is possible is by regaining the lost bonds of friendship by winning the Game or developing new bonds. That in itself is an exciting yet frightening prospect when faced with what that would do to Riku who is nothing but devoted to Sora.

Nomura did make it clear with Pooh that Sora fears losing his connection to his friends, and in his pre-KH3 interviews he also made it clear that relationships can shift and change and that KH3's story would reflect that. I think this would very easily carry over into the next project, where Sora realizes that his friendships cannot be all that hold him up.

The thing about the Entry Fee is that it is always something one values the most but takes for granted or over-relies on. For Neku it is was his memories, for Shiki it was her individuality, for Beat it was his relationship with Rhyme as her brother which led to her memories being taken as the fee, and for Rhyme it was her dreams.

Sora is blinded by his belief that he is weak without his friends, and even though Riku helped to show him that he isn't weak, I don't think it was enough to really teach the lesson to him or even remotely drive it home.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif](Bonus props to Nomura if Joshua "knows" of Sora because of his omniscience allowing him to peer into the "dreams" of his other selves, but uses that knowledge to mess with Sora)
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I would low-key want Hype Chan even if this is a different Shibuya lol. I just want her to actually get to do something after the ridiculous amount of years its been since we saw her lol. A 2 person team of her and Neku could work ha.[/FONT]

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Seeing as Verum Rex is technically a video game, Ralph and Vanellope being party members would be creative. And if Riku is playable, have him get Fix-It Felix and Sargent Calhoun as party members for him.

Jesus Christ y'all will never let Wreck-It Ralph go.

I would low-key want Hype Chan even if this is a different Shibuya lol. I just want her to actually get to do something after the ridiculous amount of years its been since we saw her lol. A 2 person team of her and Neku could work ha.

Yeah, Hype-chan deserves that much after getting sidelined for years.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Isnt Verum Rex only a video game in Toy Box's reality though? Unless Ralph and Vanellope somehow were ejected out of Sugar Rush in Union and ended up in the outside world

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Speaking of Riku's party members I think he will team up with Yozora, Magia, and Aegis as the unofficial fourth member ala FF13 Versus. And if the Verum Rex commercial is anything to go by he could help Yozora save not Stella

kaseykockroach

Awards
I want Donald and Goofy to show up and tell Sora he's grounded for six weeks for getting himself killed. No video games and no ice cream!

They'll never let him go on his own again, I'll tell ya'll that much.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Am I the only who thinks Riku is Yozora? Re-playing the Toy Story world, Sora and Donald both think it's Riku. The story for that "game" isn't real, is it? I'm confused. :confused: I have no interest in whatever this Yozora story / character is except that it looks like Riku.

I have no idea what's going to happen. This is assuming we even have party members. 3D is the only side game where the player isn't walking around completely alone 95% of the game, and the Dream Eaters were non-speaking. If I had a choice, I'd want the party members to be Donald & Goofy. 2nd choice: Riku and Aqua (or Mickey). 3rd: TWEWY characters. But I hope they would bring Dream Eaters back rather than have the player alone for a whole game.

kaseykockroach

Awards
No Riku, please. I got enough of that guy by the end of KH2. I could go my entire life without hearing Sora scream "Riku!" again.
Sora and Aqua hanging together alone would be pretty sweet though.

Back